PDA

View Full Version : Surprise teams?

Titans
08-11-2004, 11:45 PM
Not counting the usual suspects, who are your teams that could make a surprise splash in the playoffs?

My picks:

Royse City
Columbus
Caldwell
Ferris
LaVega
Kaufman

There are certainly others...your take?

Give me winners, not whiners!

3afan2K3
08-11-2004, 11:50 PM
WOS

Titans
08-11-2004, 11:53 PM
Apparently you didn't quite read the question correctly, since WOS is rated in the top 2. Surprise teams..........SURPRISE.

WOS wouldn't be a surprise unless they lose in the playoffs. Is that what you are trying to imply? That they will lose?

Now that would be a HUGE surprise to me!

sahen
08-12-2004, 12:35 AM
liberty maybe...they won all 10 reg. season games last year and fumbled the game away to orangefield last year in the 1st round...they r returning almost all their key players....but i dont konw if they'd be a surprise too much cause they r ranked in the top 40 atleast in most things i look at...but thye r never predicted to go far in the playoffs maybe this year will be the year...

Chris Hart
08-12-2004, 01:42 AM
Possibly Wimberley..

GoDeep
08-12-2004, 03:26 AM
Look for Anahuac to shock some folks this year.

VWG
08-12-2004, 07:55 AM
In Region I, I am keeping my eye on W.F. Hirschi. A 4A drop down that is the largest school now in 3A. (Along with Palestine)
Wichita Falls Hirschi has a new coach, and if he can get the winning attitude in place before district starts, that school could make a run in the playoffs.
Borger is another school that I think could make things interesting in the playoffs. Another 4A dropdown from a couple of years ago that hasn't really done much.

Black_Magic
08-12-2004, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Titans
Apparently you didn't quite read the question correctly, since WOS is rated in the top 2. Surprise teams..........SURPRISE.

WOS wouldn't be a surprise unless they lose in the playoffs. Is that what you are trying to imply? That they will lose?

Now that would be a HUGE surprise to me!
You hit that one on the head. DUH!!!!:doh:

3afan2K3
08-12-2004, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
You hit that one on the head. DUH!!!!:doh:
I was jokeing rookie

rhino33
08-12-2004, 03:32 PM
i dont mean to sound biased but i think ranchview will be a suprise team this year.

JasperDog94
08-12-2004, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by 3afan2K3
I was jokeing rookie LOL!!!:clap: :clap:

BrahmaMom
08-12-2004, 05:11 PM
I think the Brahmas are going to be stronger than expected this year, which was originally seen as a rebuilding year for Bellville. Go Bulls!

hutex04
08-12-2004, 05:16 PM
Hutto Hippos, out of 19 3a

crzyjournalist03
08-12-2004, 05:30 PM
look out for Ferris...they were young and they'll keep improving...I think they'll be in the playoffs this year.

GoDeep
08-12-2004, 08:35 PM
Ferris will probably be in the playoffs and go a round or two, but I dont think they'll suprise anyone. They're in what's probably the easiest district in the state, and looks like they'll catch Farmersvile in the first round and Wills Point in the 2nd. But, if they can get some playoff experience the next two years, they could finally build a foundation for some football tradition.
I still say, watch out for Anahuac.

sahen
08-13-2004, 12:41 AM
Baylor...6-5 going to a bowl...write it down now, Shane predicted it...oh yah a major upset this year coming too...but i dont know who yet...gotta actually see our team this year first :) Sic'em!

Old Tiger
08-13-2004, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by sahen
Baylor...6-5 going to a bowl...write it down now, Shane predicted it...oh yah a major upset this year coming too...but i dont know who yet...gotta actually see our team this year first :) Sic'em! lol

Black_Magic
08-13-2004, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by 3afan2K3
I was jokeing rookie
Rookie???
No I have been on here as long as you but have been inactive. I had the user name of Ram a while back but lost my pas word and just decided to start posting again. SO again you dont know what your talking about.:)

RBARKER
08-13-2004, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by GoDeep
Look for Anahuac to shock some folks this year.

Hey GoDeep welcome to the board. Anahuac and BH will meet up in week 0 agian this year. It was a good game last year and Raymond was a force. Coach Martel has that program doing well over there. What does Anahuac have coming back this year that will Shock folks? 15 days till game time I think BH will be much improved from last year should be a good game. Seya on the 27th

marlin fan
08-13-2004, 10:59 AM
I want to say that Caldwell and Rockdale will be surprise teams!!!! good luck u guys!!! wil be cheering for yall since Marlin isnt in yalls district anymore!!!!!:D :p

BullFrog Dad
08-13-2004, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by rhino33
i dont mean to sound biased but i think ranchview will be a suprise team this year. rhino33, Sorry but since the UIL Realignment was announced in early February there has been way too much said/written about the Wolves here and elsewhere for CR to qualify as a listing on this thread. Ya'll should have a winning season no doubt. Now for a surprise I think the 'Frogs are coming together pretty well so far while flying under the radar.

CheerMom
08-13-2004, 11:37 AM
I think that the Rice Raiders will prove themselves again this year. Everyone has counted them out with the loss of Mike Spears and our o-line. But the Raiders will reload not rebuild. I look for them to do great things.
Go Raiders!!!

GoDeep
08-13-2004, 02:55 PM
Anahuac lost alot on offense, but the newcomers have picked up the slack pretty good. It'll be alot more balanced this year. That's where folks will be shocked. On defense, almost everyone's back. No one will be shocked by the D, it'll be as salty as it was last year.

Originally posted by Black_Magic
Rookie???
No I have been on here as long as you but have been inactive. I had the user name of Ram a while back but lost my pas word and just decided to start posting again. SO again you dont know what your talking about.:)

Old Tiger
08-13-2004, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by marlin fan
I want to say that Caldwell and Rockdale will be surprise teams!!!! good luck u guys!!! wil be cheering for yall since Marlin isnt in yalls district anymore!!!!!:D :p hey byron, thanks for the support dawg... :D

Goldenstick
08-13-2004, 07:29 PM
Palestine, HF Hirschi, West Columbia, Carrolton Ranchview

Necked
08-13-2004, 08:37 PM
I think Needville has a good shot of returning to the playoffs this year after a 6 year drought. They return alot of players from last years team that just missed making the playoffs, & Sweeny is going to be weaker this year without Shedrick Johnson there anymore, so 3rd place is wide open for Needville........

Z motion 10 out on 2
08-13-2004, 11:46 PM
Hirschi has been mentioned. I think it will be too early for them this year. New coach and all that the school has been though (Baseball coach fired during season last year). It may take them more than one year to regroup. They do have a back that played as a sophmore last year that looks pretty quick. I can't recall his name.

I would watch Iowa Park. They have some key players back. Swenson was a very good QB last year and he is equally dangerous running and passing. They have good coaching and run several different offenses. They are my suprise team.