14)Lubbock Cooper
15)Bandera

Center another region 2 team is ranked 18th

c-town
05-12-2003, 05:07 PM
Carthage is movin on up!

LG
05-12-2003, 09:37 PM
La Grange #2 takes on Barbers Hill #5 this week. Any predictions, hard to believe to rank teams playing this early, but I have to go with LG in 2..LG all the way!!!!

sinton66
05-13-2003, 06:38 AM
#1 Lorena is playing #8 Jasper this weekend and #4 Yoakum will play #15 Bandera. So, you're not alone in that rankings boat. Lorena should be able to take Jasper. Yoakum will take Bandera. I also like La Grange in their match-up.

<small>[ May 13, 2003, 06:41 AM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

RBARKER
05-13-2003, 09:06 AM
LG:
La Grange #2 takes on Barbers Hill #5 this week. Any predictions, hard to believe to rank teams playing this early, but I have to go with LG in 2..LG all the way!!!!Well I have to respect La Granges #2 ranking they deserve it, But my Eagles are tough. It should be good game BH has a good team this year. I believe the seris will go 3 games. BH in 3

Bandera YaYa
05-13-2003, 09:17 AM
Hey Sinton, tell me why you are so gung ho on Yoakum winning against us? I know we have a great team, why do they?

BHcheeze24
05-13-2003, 10:03 AM
I'm going to have to say BH digs down deep and holds there ground. This team is out to show what they can do and bring home a state title for the first time in BH history. I was on the team last year and know the will and want of these boys. Its there. But thats not all there's also a chemistry between them that I think will put them over the top this year.

On the back of Northcutt's outstanding pitching and our solid D the bats will score a few runs and win in 3 games all games w/in one run.

PappaBear
05-13-2003, 12:40 PM
sinton66:
#1 Lorena is playing #8 Jasper this weekend and #4 Yoakum will play #15 Bandera. So, you're not alone in that rankings boat. Lorena should be able to take Jasper. Yoakum will take Bandera. I also like La Grange in their match-up.don't be so quick to put Lorena over Jasper
but hey they are playing in Magnolia Thu, Fri and Sat (if needed) so you can watch for your self.

whtfbplaya
05-13-2003, 01:13 PM
Barbers Hill will make pitcher pay for their mistakes. Our first pitcher was hitting his spots for the first 3 innings and did not give up a run, but in the 4 he let a fb ride in over the middle of the plate about belt high (after a failed sac attempt) and he lost it into the left field construction. Our next 2 pitchers got hit hard when they left the ball over the plate. But ill have to take BH over LG.

Bandera YaYa
05-13-2003, 05:07 PM
Bandera vs. Yoakum Friday @ 7:30 @SouthSan field in San Antonio...if you are nearby, come on out! It should be a good game. Heard the Yoakum coach wanted us to play today and Friday, instead of Fri and Sat....now that wouldn't have been so that he could have used his star pitcher for both games, you think??? :D ...DUH ?????

LG
05-13-2003, 05:37 PM
La Grange pitchers dont make that many mistakes. La Grange has one of the most outstanding pitching staffs in 3A. They have a three man rotation and all three can throw the ball hard. Homer Bailey which is ranked number one in the state and #3 in the nation. All State pitcher Colter Zoch who led the team last year. Jacob who has had an awesome year throwing the ball. Its going to be hard to beat the Leopards no matter who is pitching. I pick the Leopards in 2 but both will be a real close game..

sinton66
05-13-2003, 06:22 PM
Bandera YaYa:
Hey Sinton, tell me why you are so gung ho on Yoakum winning against us? I know we have a great team, why do they?I'm sure Bandera has a good team, but I can tell you from experience that Yoakum has a great team. Like I said before, they returned a bunch from their Regional finalist team last year. I have no vested interest in Yoakum/Bandera. Truthfully, it doesn't matter which of you gets to take on Sinton(assuming we get by Port Isabel).

<small>[ May 13, 2003, 06:30 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

sinton66
05-13-2003, 06:26 PM
maddawg:

sinton66:
#1 Lorena is playing #8 Jasper this weekend and #4 Yoakum will play #15 Bandera. So, you're not alone in that rankings boat. Lorena should be able to take Jasper. Yoakum will take Bandera. I also like La Grange in their match-up.don't be so quick to put Lorena over Jasper
but hey they are playing in Magnolia Thu, Fri and Sat (if needed) so you can watch for your self.Trust me, unless something bad happens, I will be there. Lorena was a Semi-Finalist last year, and they returned a bunch also. I would expect them to be just as tough this year. They played Forney very tough last year in the semi's. I don't have a vested interest in Lorena/Jasper, just think Lorena's good enough to win it.

<small>[ May 13, 2003, 06:35 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

sinton66
05-13-2003, 06:36 PM
RBARKER:

LG:
La Grange #2 takes on Barbers Hill #5 this week. Any predictions, hard to believe to rank teams playing this early, but I have to go with LG in 2..LG all the way!!!!Well I have to respect La Granges #2 ranking they deserve it, But my Eagles are tough. It should be good game BH has a good team this year. I believe the seris will go 3 games. BH in 3RBarker, I agree with you, all the games at this level should be competitive. I could be wrong about the outcome of this one, it was just a guess.