PDA

View Full Version : My Computer's Broken!!!

SintonFan
08-11-2004, 07:57 PM
Dagnabit! I went home last Friday night and tried to get on here but my computer kept shutting down. No problem. I figured I would completely wipe out the hard drive and re-install Windows. Uhn uhh! I couldn't even get into my BIOS. My computer crashed completely. It turns out that after I installed my BIOS battery, I must have pushed too hard on the motherboard to slip the new lithium battery into place. Big mistake. A tiny piece of the motherboard on other side touched the computer case and shorted out one of the traces at the weld(one of those little silver lines you see on electronics). It was enough to set into motion a fatal chain of events IMO. The result is no computer for me(I'm at the office computer now). I hope to have a new mother board and processor going this weekend if I can afford it. :cool:
Have I missed out on anything?
:D

Gobbla2001
08-11-2004, 08:03 PM
What have you missed?

Not too much... The Jasper/WO-S talk is fun to read... Palestine talk is fun to read... BHKrystal is hot but I'm 21... PPHSFan still isn't back... Jason's been TTT'n memories...

The usual...

SintonFan
08-11-2004, 08:09 PM
LOL
I saw jason bringing up old topics. Just before my computer crashes he brings up PPHSfan's one about getting his fixed. :eek:
The guy has ESPN(j/k) or something!:D

Gobbla2001
08-11-2004, 08:12 PM
Wise man... Including the '(jk)' after your 'ESPN' comment...

You just knew someone would jump on it huh?

SintonFan
08-11-2004, 08:17 PM
I'd take "wise guy" but I like yours better!:D

pakrat
08-12-2004, 12:21 AM
Computers:mad: Mine is so old it crashes every time I get on the internet. So I use someone elses. Computer :nerd: NOT!

exbccards76'smom
08-12-2004, 05:53 AM
The worst thing that happen to mine is that my Road runner kept disconnecting itself. I thought it was the computer. Finally called the roadrunner guy out...a varmint had chewed the cable between the house and the cable box. He fixed it, and I've no problems since then.

http://img14.exs.cx/img14/6803/coollogo_com_8403648.gif