PDA

View Full Version : Jasper vs WOS shirt meeting

WOS1
08-10-2004, 12:45 PM
Guys, Jason sent me an Email and said the shirt is on it's way!!:D I should have it Wed or Thurs. We really need to coordinate getting everyone together before the game. Early if possible so we can get a good photo before people start showing up. I was thinking that maybe we could all meet at the field before the game at about 6:00pm, sign the shirt and take a photo in front of the press box, then maybe go get a bite to eat and come back for the game.

What are your thoughts or suggestions? I'm easy...:D

Old Tiger
08-10-2004, 12:55 PM
Sounds good but I got a game :( Plus would you be willing to pay for my food?

WOS1
08-10-2004, 01:26 PM
Skip your game and I'll definitely get the food...:D

JasperDog94
08-10-2004, 01:26 PM
I don't know that I could get there that early as my wife will be teaching. (kinda hard to get off early) That said, I still want to get a group photo and sign the shirt. What about everyone else?

Old Tiger
08-10-2004, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by WOS1
Skip your game and I'll definitely get the food...:D Outback or Chili's?

WOS1
08-10-2004, 01:28 PM
You know... we could also do it after the game, once the crowd leaves.

Old No. 7
08-12-2004, 12:24 PM
My comp. is still down, so I haven't been here for awhile. I plan on comeing to the game though. An after game meeting sounds ok to me. Please post what yall decide. thanks.

Old No. 7
08-12-2004, 12:26 PM
ttt :)

chaingang
08-12-2004, 12:46 PM
Im down with befor or after the game. Just let me know WOS1. As far as food goes..........get Corey to whip some of that good stuff up:kiss: :kiss: :p

Ranger Mom
08-12-2004, 12:54 PM
I am confused...(I know that is shocking to some)!:D

Are we supposed to have the two teams posters get together, if possible, and take a pic? Or, if other posters from another school are there too, do we take a big ole group pic of everyone?

I was never too clear on that!!

Old Tiger
08-12-2004, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I am confused...(I know that is shocking to some)!:D well duh? :p

Ranger Mom
08-12-2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
well duh? :p

HUH???
:confused: :confused:

kepdawg
08-12-2004, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I am confused...(I know that is shocking to some)!:D

Are we supposed to have the two teams posters get together, if possible, and take a pic? Or, if other posters from another school are there too, do we take a big ole group pic of everyone?

I was never too clear on that!!

Would it make sense to exclude posters if their team is not participating?

Hupernikomen
08-12-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Would it make sense to exclude posters if their team is not participating?

I think any poster at the game should be able to get in the picture...not every school is getting to be in game involving the shirt.

jason
08-12-2004, 02:37 PM
anybody who is at the game that has a registered user id is more than welcome to sign the shirt, regardless of which team they are there to see...even if they're there just to see the game and have no affiliation with either team, they are more than welcome to sign it, and be in the group picture...

JUST BE SURE YOU DONT SIGN IT MORE THAN ONCE...HOPEFULLY SPACE WILL BE SCARCE COME WEEK 17....

JasperDog94
08-12-2004, 03:37 PM
Given Friday afternoon traffic, how long do you guys think it will take to get from New Caney to Orange?

WOS1
08-12-2004, 05:00 PM
Even on a Friday it should not take you more than 1.5 hours at the most!!!:D

As for the shirt signing, I really hate to sound like a father here and if I do please excuse me (I have 4 kids so I can't help it). But, if we are going to get together to do the signing and get the pic then I need some of you to respond here so we can decide what to do!! I know I've seen several people post that they were going to the game and less than half of those people have responded to me about their preference in how we should get together. I HATE waiting until the last minute. We need to make a designated time and I need EVERYONES input so please respond. This goes for Jasper people AND WO-S people alike as well as any others who plan to attend. Don't make me have to get the belt out... uh... sorry, forgot who I was posting to...:D

BTW- I just recieved the shirt, it looks pretty cool. I guess I get to be the first to sign it...:eek:

swampdude
08-12-2004, 05:07 PM
I would like to sign the shirt and get in the photo. I don't have a dog (or 'stang) in that fight but am looking forward to a great game to kickoff the season! After the game might be better. I'm good either way.:D

j_dog
08-12-2004, 05:24 PM
WOS1, I plan to be there, events permitting. Name a time and place, and I will try to be there. I have never had the opportunity to see your stadium, so I am no help in suggesting anything.

My guess is that everyone is pretty much in the same boat. I think you should just go with your best guess and annouce where and when you want everyone there.

Saying that, for the signing and picture, I would think that immediately AFTER the game at the stadium would be the best bet. Invariably, there likely will be late arrivals due to people getting lost, or having difficulty getting parked, etc. However, after the game, killing a few minutes getting the picture, etc will only give the traffic time to clear. Seems like a win/win to me. If you are friends with the game announcer, you could have the EXACT place to meet after the game announced "for the Downlowers".

We could still also do an informal get together for dinner before the game for those who can make it. I would like to meet some of you guys! :)

GS#17
08-12-2004, 08:20 PM
Suggestion: Meet after the game in one of two places:

1) In front of the scoreboard (probably the easiest way to find everyone); or
2) Just outside the stadium by the home ticket stand/parking lot.

j_dog
08-12-2004, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by GS#17
Suggestion: Meet after the game in one of two places:

1) In front of the scoreboard (probably the easiest way to find everyone); or
2) Just outside the stadium by the home ticket stand/parking lot.
The scoreboard sounds great to me! Half of us will be happy to get a picture of the final score, the other half will be aching. ;) And it certainly could go either way. :)

X21AAAPlayer
08-12-2004, 08:35 PM
I'll be there for sure. Just let me know what you decide.

Ranger Mom
08-12-2004, 09:14 PM
WOS1, speaking from experience, since you are the one with the shirt then you should just pick the time and place.

You are not gonna be able to please everyone, as we found out trying to plan the Meet and Greet, and everyone is not going to be able to be there, no matter what plans you make.

As for myself, since I am the one with the shirt, I am going to pick the time and place. Those who can make it - great. Those who can't, hopefully we will be able to catch them the next time!

Just a suggestion that I thought I would toss out there!:D

WOS1
08-12-2004, 09:25 PM
That sounds great GS. I'll just make it official. We'll meet under the scoreboard after the game. It will probably take me about 20 minutes to get there because I do not want to bring the shirt into the game and take a chance on getting something on it. I'll need to go to my car, get it, then come back in. Maybe, for the signing we could all go eat afterwards. I don't know anyplace clean out there to lay the shirt to sign it. We'll figure it out. I'll see you guys there!!!

j_dog
08-12-2004, 10:16 PM
.... It will probably take me about 20 minutes to get there because I do not want to bring the shirt into the game and take a chance on getting something on it. ...
You could wrap it in plastic, even a big baggie to protect it. Maybe somebody could bring a board from home there in Orange.

I think going out to eat AFTER the game will be out of the question for those of us who have a long way to drive after the game. That late, we need to sign, take any pictures, and hit the road. That is true for us OLD folks anyway! :D

JasperDog94
08-13-2004, 03:06 PM
I'm all over the scoreboard idea. That said, getting together for a meal before the game would be great. Even if it's just fast food, it would be nice to get together and meet some new friends.

Hey! Here's an idea: You could hold up one of those signs like limo drivers have at the airport. The sign could say: "3ADownLow Rulez". Whadayathink?

duckbutter
08-13-2004, 03:23 PM
I'll be at the game and all for signing the shirt, however I don't know if I want my ugly mug posted on the net. Security reasons you know.:rolleyes:

JasperDog94
08-13-2004, 03:30 PM
Don't worry. I won't tell anybody that you're in the witness protection program...oops...now where's that edit button...

Supertilley
08-13-2004, 07:35 PM
before the game for sure. Just to be on the safe side. I have been in some scuffells after some heated games. Count me in.

jason
08-15-2004, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Supertilley
before the game for sure. Just to be on the safe side. I have been in some scuffells after some heated games. Count me in. so you're one of those people that takes it too far and makes it embarrassing for the folks around you?? :rolleyes: :hand: :rolleyes: :hand:

TTT
:D :D :D

JasperDog94
08-16-2004, 12:04 PM
Anyone else want to get together before the game for some grub?

chaingang
08-16-2004, 12:30 PM
Im in, just let me know. Im sure I ll be somewhere around WOS1.:)

X21AAAPlayer
08-16-2004, 03:03 PM
Any recent grads from WOS on here?

j_dog
08-16-2004, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Anyone else want to get together before the game for some grub?
Yes, if we make it into Orange soon enough. So put me down for a tentative yes. :)

One question, how is the parking at the stadium? Do we need to arrive early to get a decent parking spot? This will affect when and where we would need to meet. Is there by any chance a place close enough to the stadium where that we could park at the stadium, and walk over to eat? I am hungry already! :D

GS#17
08-16-2004, 08:12 PM
There is plenty of parking at WOS, so no need to worry about scrambling for a parking spot. There is a huge field behind the visitor side for visitor parking, several roads, a little league baseball field with a parking lot across the street, and the home parking lot.

There really isn't anywhere to eat that is within walking distance of the stadium. There are fast food restaurants on HWY 62 and on 16th Street (HWY 87), and of course the concession stand will be open if you're going to be rushed for time.

Goldenstick
08-16-2004, 08:43 PM
There's Wienershnitzel too!!! Try one of those chili cheese dogs with a bag of fries!!! Hard to beat

jason
08-16-2004, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Goldenstick
There's Wienershnitzel too!!! Try one of those chili cheese dogs with a bag of fries!!! Hard to beat maybe that place is new to town, but....OVER-RATED...

WOS1
08-16-2004, 10:07 PM
Uh... over-rated my buttocks... I know it's been here AT LEAST 30 years. No, it's not new, it's just damn good. You can't beat their chili cheese dog with onions. Man... I'm starting to get hungry... just something about their dogs that no one else can touch!!:D

Goldenstick
08-16-2004, 10:18 PM
Uh... over-rated my buttocks... I know it's been here AT LEAST 30 years. No, it's not new, it's just damn good. You can't beat their chili cheese dog with onions. Man... I'm starting to get hungry... just something about their dogs that no one else can touch!!:D

That's what I said........Seems like they taste even better before or after Friday night football games

JasperDog94
08-17-2004, 11:28 AM
... You can't beat their chili cheese dog with onions. Man... I'm starting to get hungry... just something about their dogs that no one else can touch!!:D It it lunch time yet?