PDA

View Full Version : I'll be around before long....

LH Panther Mom
08-09-2004, 10:35 PM
60-hour work weeks bite - I miss checking in from time to time. Hopefully I'll be able to cut down on working so I can be around more before games start.

Chris Hart
08-09-2004, 10:40 PM
I hope you get some time soon as well. You LH moms will be my source for inside info on the Panthers this year. See ya soon!:)

JasperDog94
08-10-2004, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
60-hour work weeks bite Yes they do. Here's hoping that you get a "normal" work schedule just in time for football season!

footballgal
08-10-2004, 12:06 PM
I have to agree with Chris Hart, will look forward to your posts on how the Panthers are doing. If things work out the way they should, we'll see another PI/LH matchup.

LHMom
08-10-2004, 09:08 PM
LH Panther Mom -
I'm ready for a great season. Will see you at the games.

Chris -
Thanks for the support from my favorite Burnet fan. We'll keep you updated! The boys look good in practice. They'll have to learn to deal with actually being predicted to win, which is a new spot for them. I think Coach Vance will keep their heads on straight. As with every year, we need the seniors to be real leaders on and off the field.

And to football gal from PI -
We're looking forward to a rematch! Nothing sweeter than the victory over Yoakum in 2003 after they knocked us out of the playoffs in 2002.

LH Mom
2004 The Year of the Cat
Building the Tradition

footballgal
08-11-2004, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by LHMom
LH Panther Mom -
I'm ready for a great season. Will see you at the games.

And to football gal from PI -
We're looking forward to a rematch! Nothing sweeter than the victory over Yoakum in 2003 after they knocked us out of the playoffs in 2002.

LH Mom
2004 The Year of the Cat
Building the Tradition

Ahh ok, the revenge factor, it should be another great game if it all plays out just right ;) BTW, is that your prediction?
I know what you mean, PI lost to Cuero in 1993 and in 1994 won w/ a big upset, ended up as the 1994 3A game of the year, announced by Craig of TX High School Extra.

Roles will be reversed this year, as LH will have the experienced team and PI will have the young but talented team.

LHMom
08-12-2004, 09:30 PM
Football gal -
Way too early for me to make predictions! :) But I can hope.

Are you a student? mom?

LH Panther Mom
08-12-2004, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Yes they do. Here's hoping that you get a "normal" work schedule just in time for football season!

:mad: If not, I'll probably run off. I was hoping to be there by next week when school starts. I finally had enough of the stress of supervising 16 people in the middle of May- it was affecting my attitude & my family - and decided to step down from that. Of course, I had to continue to be acting supervisor until someone could be hired PLUS do the work I am taking on. It took 2 1/2 months, but my boss was finally able to find a suitable replacement. We're still in the training/transition process, but I've got my fingers crossed. Once we're finished, I'll be telecommuting except for a couple of mornings a week. Ya'll may get sick of me then... :D

footballgal
08-14-2004, 02:18 PM
Football gal -
Way too early for me to make predictions! :) But I can hope.

Are you a student? mom?

I know what you mean, and like you, I can only hope as well.

I am a mom, my son will be starting college, at the end of the month, and my daughter the youngest is starting school on Monday and will be in 4th grade.

LHMom
08-14-2004, 10:24 PM
Football Gal -
I had one graduate this spring, as well, and he'll be leaving for college this week. My other son is going in to his junior year.

Did y'all scrimmage today?

footballgal
08-17-2004, 10:21 AM
Football Gal -
I had one graduate this spring, as well, and he'll be leaving for college this week. My other son is going in to his junior year.

Did y'all scrimmage today?

The scrimmage was Saturday (8/14) at 9:00am against a tough Edcouch-Elsa, the 32-4A-district favorite. (Who’s head coach happens to be my brother in law, starting his second year as HC) They did Ok, it was like 6-3, the first two scores came in quickly back-to-back, passing TD’s, so it was a rough start. Seems like PI usually struggles in the beginning against a passing team, and other teams try to exploit that, but soon enough with all the testing they become good at it. So hopefully this will be the case this year as well. Tarpons are looking at where to best put those new talent, and put them in the right positions right now, (good thing for scrimmages) most teams are able to polish up their game, but the Tarpons are having to look to putting their best 11 players on the field at this point, hopefully with this weeks scrimmage against another 4A team and then in Week 0 against a new 5A team and long long time rival (Battle of Hwy 100) they will have some good things happening, entering the season and district race.

How did your Panthers do and who did they scrimmage? Oh and is your Junior son on the team?

Gobbla2001
08-17-2004, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by footballgal
PI lost to Cuero in 1993 and in 1994 won w/ a big upset, ended up as the 1994 3A game of the year, announced by Craig of TX High School Extra.

That was crazy...

We do not make it to state yet it was our 4th undefeated season (12-0-1)...

I was not able to make that game, heard it was a dandy...

LHMom
08-17-2004, 08:41 PM
The scrimmage was Saturday (8/14) at 9:00am against a tough Edcouch-Elsa, the 32-4A-district favorite. (Who’s head coach happens to be my brother in law, starting his second year as HC) They did Ok, it was like 6-3, the first two scores came in quickly back-to-back, passing TD’s, so it was a rough start. Seems like PI usually struggles in the beginning against a passing team, and other teams try to exploit that, but soon enough with all the testing they become good at it. So hopefully this will be the case this year as well. Tarpons are looking at where to best put those new talent, and put them in the right positions right now, (good thing for scrimmages) most teams are able to polish up their game, but the Tarpons are having to look to putting their best 11 players on the field at this point, hopefully with this weeks scrimmage against another 4A team and then in Week 0 against a new 5A team and long long time rival (Battle of Hwy 100) they will have some good things happening, entering the season and district race.

How did your Panthers do and who did they scrimmage? Oh and is your Junior son on the team?

Our scrimmage was against a 5A team, and our defense looked much better than expected. We lost 7 starters, I think. Our starting QB & strong guard were both out due to illness, but the offense still scored on them twice in a quarter of play. We scrimmage Del Valle, a 4A team this week.

Yes, my junior is a starting linebacker. He was last year, too. It was the only time my two boys were ever on the same team.

Good luck to you all! Until we meet again. :)

kaorder1999
08-17-2004, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
60-hour work weeks bite - I miss checking in from time to time. Hopefully I'll be able to cut down on working so I can be around more before games start.

i put in 92 hours last week.....and even had sunday off...hehe

footballgal
08-17-2004, 10:25 PM
Our scrimmage was against a 5A team, and our defense looked much better than expected. We lost 7 starters, I think. Our starting QB & strong guard were both out due to illness, but the offense still scored on them twice in a quarter of play. We scrimmage Del Valle, a 4A team this week.

Yes, my junior is a starting linebacker. He was last year, too. It was the only time my two boys were ever on the same team.

Good luck to you all! :)

Wow:eek: how exciting to have both of your sons play together! What position did your son that graduated last year play?
We lost 22 letterman to graduation, including "Missile" and our QB, so it will be a challenge at the beginning of the season, but hopfully things workout like they normally do, plus we have a great Head Coach and coaching staff, so I am confident that they will get things going.

Best wishes to your Panthers as well, and hopefully until we meet again. :)

BTW, do you guys broadcast all your games on the Pathercast
??

footballgal
08-17-2004, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
That was crazy...

We do not make it to state yet it was our 4th undefeated season (12-0-1)...

I was not able to make that game, heard it was a dandy...
To think that I almost missed that game due to my work schedule, and I was like 7mos pregnant at the time... I have it on tape, actually it's several highlights of that game and that season. I pop it in the VCR every once in while, during off season to help me get through the next season. :D Added to my collections is last years game, of Liberty Hill and the Rice Consolidated game.

I remember I didn't think I could see another exciting game as that, but I was wrong, that game last season against Rice Consolidated was just as great!:)

LHMom
08-18-2004, 10:01 PM
Wow:eek: how exciting to have both of your sons play together! What position did your son that graduated last year play?
We lost 22 letterman to graduation, including "Missile" and our QB, so it will be a challenge at the beginning of the season, but hopfully things workout like they normally do, plus we have a great Head Coach and coaching staff, so I am confident that they will get things going.

Best wishes to your Panthers as well, and hopefully until we meet again. :)

BTW, do you guys broadcast all your games on the Pathercast
??

Yes, it was awesome to have them both out there together. Definitely some of the best times of our lives. The one that graduated played right defensive tackle, with little brother lining up right behind him as linebacker, also on the right side. The first time I heard the announcer call both their names as making the tackle on one play, I thought I would just die!

So... for this year, our offense is almost all returning, but defense is rebuilding.

Oh - and yes, each of the games are live on www.panthercast.com, or you can listen to the archive later. That was a real treat for family members that live far and can't make it to the games.

LHMom
08-18-2004, 10:05 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by footballgal
To think that I almost missed that game due to my work schedule, and I was like 7mos pregnant at the time... I have it on tape, actually it's several highlights of that game and that season. I pop it in the VCR every once in while, during off season to help me get through the next season. :D Added to my collections is last years game, of Liberty Hill and the Rice Consolidated game.

I remember I didn't think I could see another exciting game as that, but I was wrong, that game last season against Rice Consolidated was just as great!:) [/QUOTE

You mentioned your video tape. Our school does a highlight viedo each year of the entire season. It is wonderful to go back and relive it.... of course until you get to the final loss... and you can feel it all over again. I know our kids will treasure the videos even more in the years to come.