PDA

View Full Version : bridge city only 22 point?

NEWTON 1
10-20-2001, 06:30 PM
o plz if bridge city is so good than how come they only beat little kirbyville by 22 points? humm let me guess they didnt want to run the score board up. when they face newton both bridge city and kirbyville will be defeated.

3Aroy
10-20-2001, 09:53 PM
It is common for teams to look ahead to future games and not play as they should. It happened tonight when Nebraska played Tech. The huskers were looking ahead and had to fight off the raiders who were ready to play. It is hard not to look ahead, but it can cause a good team to look not so good.

bccards
10-21-2001, 01:18 AM
NEWTON1: We COULD say it like this, Why did Newton only score 35 points, and allow teeny weenie Woodville to score a TD?? But 3ARoy is correct.. Looking ahead can definately cause a good team to look bad, or even horrible. The best game in the state - coming to a stadium near you.

eagle_fan_01
10-21-2001, 05:18 PM
But seriously was Kirbyville's D that good or did BC hold themselves to 3 td's. I know they shut out Buna a week ago, but 22 points. What happened?

Old Cardinal
10-22-2001, 03:10 PM
I just can't understand some of you Newton folks-3ARoy, can you pound some brains into some of the folks! Newton drops 22 points in their first two District games and Bridge City is not score upon...then you rag BC for winning over Kirbyville 22-0, scoring in the first 3 quarters..Remember Kirbyville got 4 first downs and less than 100 yards total yards offensively. I think the "spread" folks that think pounding up high scores to get higher poll ratings is a bit silly....I look for a good solid game between Bridge City and Newton-anyone that is just sure of the outcome already is fooling himself.

3Aroy
10-22-2001, 07:50 PM
I am afraid I can't do that Old Cardinal.It would be VERY hard! http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/tongue.gif Newton1 is just being crazy. He knows that Bridge City is a good team, but he is just trying to have a little bit of fun on here. I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL NOVEMBER 2!!!!!!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by 3Aroy (edited October 22, 2001).]

Husker98
10-23-2001, 10:37 AM
I can't wait for November 2 either. Bridge City will not shut out Newton. Shutting out Woodville and Kirbyville is nothing to brag about.

bccards
10-23-2001, 12:35 PM
Husker: Well, Newton will not shut out Bridge City either.. Sorry..

eye of the tiger
10-23-2001, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Husker98:
I can't wait for November 2 either. Bridge City will not shut out Newton. Shutting out Woodville and Kirbyville is nothing to brag about.
Husker i think shuts are impressive especially if the 2nd or 3rd teams(for schools lucky enough to have a 3rd team)get to play. just curious how did Newtons 2nd or 3rd team do agains Woodville>

3Aroy
10-23-2001, 03:44 PM
Bridge City will not be playing against Newton's second and third team defenses. There is no such luck for BC. Newton's first team defense held probably the best offense in 4A to 250 yards (Jasper). Bridge City will have to deal with Newton's first team defense the whole game, unless it is a blow out for Newton!!! http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/tongue.gif

[This message has been edited by 3Aroy (edited October 23, 2001).]