PDA

View Full Version : Bellville Scrimmage

Bull's-eye
08-08-2004, 12:00 AM
The "Red Storm" was correct, Bellville is loaded with speed! Sanders did an excellant job at the QB position. He will be very dangerous running out of passing formations. He will also be a major threat running the bootleg. His passing and pocket presence were outstanding tonight, with several nice throws to the receivers. The first pass went for a long touch down to #88. Bryant and Benjamin were making long runs all night long, both of these backs were hitting their holes very fast and getting into the secondary before you could blink an eye. One fan said this scrimmage looked like a track meet. The defense did an excellant job, and as usual they were swarming like bees. They don't have a lot of size, but they are very fast to the ball. The kicking game looked very good. I think the kicker made all of his attempts and showed a pretty good leg. They didn't do any punting. I know this came against second teams and the JV squad, but I liked what I saw. Looking forward to the Brenham scrimmage!

Johnny Utah
08-08-2004, 11:07 AM
Watched Bellville against China Spring last year in the playoffs and was very impressed. They always seem to reload!!!!!!!!!!!

Bellville22
08-08-2004, 01:11 PM
Glad to hear it. Sorry I couldn't make it out, but i had prior family arrangements. I have a wedding Sat, but if the scrimmage is early, i'm gonna try to make it out.

Great to hear about Sanders throwing the ball. I knew this team would be fast, but their size and his passing I questioned. Nice to hear that one of those questions may have been answered. Sat. will be a real test against what looks to be a very good Brenham team.

Won't be long.

BrahmaMom
08-08-2004, 05:28 PM
Thanks for the report Bull's-Eye. I knew the speed was there and I knew Sanders was going to be great. I always worry about the defense, just my bias showing, so that was excellent news. Won't make the Brenham scrimmage in anything but spirit, but I think the Brahmas will do fine. Please keep the reports coming, Brahma fans. 3ADL will be my pipeline to the Bulls this season with 8th grade games on Thursdays and Rice U games on Saturdays, Friday will be my travel day. Go Brahmas, love ya all!!!