PDA

View Full Version : Burnet vs Jasper 2002 Semi Final

olddawggreen
08-07-2004, 04:03 PM
This morning I watched the 2002 Burnet-Jasper Semi Final Game and personally I still think it is one of my all time favorite Burnet Games. The game was filmed by Lamar University and aired in the South East Texas area and I managed to get a copy of it from them. Does anyone know if they filmed the 2003 Burnet-Jasper Game? I would love to get a copy of it.

NHSBulldogFan
08-07-2004, 07:43 PM
olddawg the 2003 Jasper Burnet game was supposed to air in this area (SE Texas) on the "Friday Night Experience" but I dont remember seeing it I also dont remember the 2002 game being shown either because I'd love to see both games myself

olddawggreen
08-07-2004, 10:36 PM
The 2002 game was definatly broadcast. After the game I called a friend who lives in Beaumont to tell him about the game, he told me that he had seen the whole game on tv. After some research I found that it was Lamar that filmed it. Thats where I found the tape on that one. I guess I will try to contact them to see if they filmed the 03 gfame also. I just didnt hear if it was broadcast or not. Do you know which station does the "Friday Night Experience" show?

BIG19
08-08-2004, 01:24 AM
Hey I want to steal it from you when I get back.

olddawggreen
08-08-2004, 08:43 AM
Hey BIG19, we can definatly take care of that!

NHSBulldogFan
08-08-2004, 01:19 PM
Friday Night Experience is the program that brodcasts the local games here in SE Texas the guy you need to talk to is Mike Sheffield you can e-mail him at videoguy@pernet.net if you have any questions.BTW maybe it aired in Beaumont but didn't air down here in Mid-County because I'd like to get both games myself (McGee and Shipley just looked awesome on highlights I've seen of them)

Chris Hart
08-08-2004, 01:35 PM
What's really amazing is McGee played the entire game with a torn ACL and a broken bone in his leg. Shipley had an ingrown toenail that would develop staph infection and hospitalize him immediately after the Everman game. That was truly an awesome performance by the Dawgs. The green ones, that is!:D Jasper finally showed up too, but it was too late.

pakrat
08-09-2004, 12:07 AM
I would like to see the '03 game 'cause it was a good indication of what was to happen the next week.

JasperDog94
08-09-2004, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
...Jasper finally showed up too, but it was too late. That was the truth. Before we knew what happend, we were down by 21 or 28...I don't remember which. Our defense had no game plan. (at least none worth mentioning) 03 was certainly a much better ballgame. A real nail biter.

sinton66
08-09-2004, 09:33 AM
Iagree JD94. I seem to remember predicting it would be MUCH closer than the '02 game. ;) Jasper really impressed me in that game. I was there, and Jasper never seemed to be out of it until it was finally over. Great showing by both teams

spiveyrat
08-09-2004, 10:55 AM
I think we could take 'em this year :p :D

sinton66
08-09-2004, 11:05 AM
If Jasper has a good central crew returning from last year's team, I have no doubt they will be quite successful in div 2. this year.

olddawggreen
08-09-2004, 05:03 PM
I agree 66, I think that if Jasper can play the kind of game that they did against Burnet in 03, they will definatly have a shot at the big one this year.

j_dog
08-09-2004, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
If Jasper has a good central crew returning from last year's team, I have no doubt they will be quite successful in div 2. this year.
Jasper is having to rebuild its offensive line. Other than that it would be pretty accurate to say that Jasper is returning almost all of its "skill" position players. Big RB Cook graduated and was a key part of the team, but then he did not play in the Burnet game.

Chris Hart
08-09-2004, 10:26 PM
I'm picking Jasper to win state this year. I don't care what div. they end up going into, they're my pick.

ODG, If it's not too much trouble, I'd love to have a copy. Just let me know what I need to do to get one.