PDA

View Full Version : Texas Heisman Hopeful Gets Jail Time

3afan2K3
08-06-2004, 11:16 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040807/ap_on_sp_co_ne/fbc_texas_benson

texasjeremy
08-06-2004, 11:23 PM
Still got along way to go to catch A&M, in the "how many football players will go to jail this year" category.

Old Tiger
08-06-2004, 11:26 PM
haha texasjeremy :D:D:D:D :clap:

mwynn05
08-07-2004, 12:12 AM
i think baylor won the national title in this category of like the worst teams (all sports)

Old Tiger
08-07-2004, 03:12 PM
They are good in track....

olddawggreen
08-07-2004, 03:45 PM
I read that Benson was trying to kick in the door to an apartment to get back a television that had been stolden from him. I guess he didn't put a lot of thought into what he was doing.

Gilmer Buckeye
08-07-2004, 06:27 PM
When I saw that headline I was puzzled. I didn't know the Longhorns had any "Heisman hopefuls" this season.

Actually, Benson may be "hopeful" of winning the Heisman, but that's like saying I am "hopeful" this will be the year UT finally beats OU. I can hope all I want, but it's 99.9 percent sure not to happen.

olddawggreen
08-07-2004, 10:44 PM
I think they refer to him as "hopefull" Hiesman winner because he ranks third on UT's rushing list with 3.706 yards, trailing only Earl Campbell and Ricky Williams.

sahen
08-09-2004, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by mwynn05
i think baylor won the national title in this category of like the worst teams (all sports)

mmm...we had one guy that was kicked off the basketball team already (so technically not on the team) go crazy and kill a dude...almost every school has had a bad incident that scars ur school like that in their history.. i mean look at the UT sniper and the Aggie bonfire...i think in the past 3 or 4 years thats the only athlete at baylor to go to jail (i could be wrong but i dont think i am and if i am it was for a minor thing that didnt make the news)....im sure most schools avg. way more poeple in jail than that per year...i mean A&M has already had 10 football players alone go this year...they aint even started school yet, where they gonna be at the end of the year?...

bullfrog_alumni_02
08-09-2004, 03:38 AM
well baylor also had the basketball coach that was involved in that murder, to the best of my memory, anyway...

JasperDog94
08-09-2004, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by sahen
...i mean A&M has already had 10 football players alone go this year...they aint even started school yet, where they gonna be at the end of the year?... Huh?:confused: I haven't heard anything about this...

CHS_Grad '85
08-09-2004, 09:21 AM
Huh? I haven't heard anything about this...There are several stories that have not made it to the papers... and it's true - quite a few players have been kick off for all kinds of reasons... some even had warrants for their arrest...

Reveille
08-09-2004, 09:41 AM
Since September of last year the A&M football team has had 10 players and one newly signed recruit arrested. The recruit ended up taking time on a robbery charge. The others ranged from class c to class a misdemeanors to the best of my knowledge.

JasperDog94
08-09-2004, 03:33 PM
Is Coach Fran doing anything to the kids? (ie: team suspension, game suspension, water boy...)

sahen
08-10-2004, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Is Coach Fran doing anything to the kids? (ie: team suspension, game suspension, water boy...)

lol...funny

sahen
08-10-2004, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
well baylor also had the basketball coach that was involved in that murder, to the best of my memory, anyway...

um....last time i checked he had nothing to do w/ the murder but he tried to cover up his tracks by posing denehy (the player that was murdered) as a drug addict to explain some exta funds taht the police were finding in his account...i know that sounds horrible but he isnt there now either...plus the things he was trying to cover up were pretty much what many schools have been docked for by NCAA in the past...it just looked worse because the murder uncovered it at baylor instead of a player or coach tellin the NCAA....the only person taht was involved in the murder was the kid that pulled the trigger and sadly denehy

JasperDog94
08-10-2004, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by sahen
lol...funny Why was that funny?:confused:

sahen
08-10-2004, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Why was that funny?:confused:

u really think he is gonna do something to them?

Old Tiger
08-10-2004, 11:31 PM
Texas A&M - 7 or 8?
Texas - 1

Hey A&M beat Texas finally! :D

olddawggreen
08-11-2004, 08:38 AM
Benson was convicted of misdemenor (sp?) tresspass for kicking the door in to an apartment where he thought his tv was located that someone had stolden from him. While this was not a smart thing to do, (he should have called the law) I can certainly relate to his frame of mind. I remember the anger and violation that I felt the first time some one broke into my truck and stold my pistol and other items. I was furious, and wanted to kick someones butt. After I calmed down though I realized it was probably good that I didnt catch them. It would have been bad to have been shot by my own gun:mad: :mad: .

Benson did what he was required to do to pay his debt to society. Hopefully he understands his mistake and has learned from it. If this is the worst thing that he ever does in life, Id say he is a good man.

JasperDog94
08-11-2004, 08:43 AM
Agreed ODG.

sahen
08-12-2004, 12:38 AM
yah olddawg...i agree...its the repeat offenders that make me mad...people do mess up every once and a while...esp. college people...lol

pakrat
08-12-2004, 12:57 AM
Well nowdays most highschools have their problems with athletes getting in trouble with the law.