PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on next season

Matthew328
05-02-2002, 01:27 PM
I was jotting down potential top 20 teams for next year and something hit me....I realized that doing a top 20 for next year will be TOUGH....looking at things right now it seems to be 3 teams that stand out as great or potentially great right now..that is Jasper, Everman and Sinton...then it looks to be anywhere from 30-40 teams that are in the next group...they all seem to be evenly matched and you could make cases for any of them to be top 10 or top 20....anyone agree??

Old Green
05-02-2002, 05:01 PM
Matt, I agree with you on the top three teams, maybe not in that order as you have them. There are about 30 teams with outstanding skill starters returning and with a little help from underclass men all would be considered in the top 20. That's why when I was playing around with a top 20 list it was hard to rate them . It is going to be a very interesting season.

vet93
05-02-2002, 09:29 PM
I think that the two divisions will be interesting for two different reasons. Div I will be interesting to see which one of the 3 power teams will come out on top. I assumed that Everman, Sinton and Jasper will all be DI. Division II will be interesting because there are so many teams who could put together a run if things come together for them. I think that Region I will have some DII teams that may be competitive on a state level this year (Bridgeport, Kennedale, and Sweetwater). This amount of quality competition has not been evident in the region in the past few years. It will be interesting!!!

sinfan75
05-03-2002, 05:09 AM
Sinton has to replace 4 offensive linemen before they can be considered a power.Top ten maybe but not top 3.Burnet has a bunch of starters returning.I think they should be top 5.