PDA

View Full Version : La Grange Intra-squad scrimage?

Pudlugger
08-06-2004, 11:48 AM
When will they have it this year? How 'bout a report on the Lep practices thus far. What was the turnout? Good?

La Grange
08-07-2004, 04:40 PM
The Intra-Squad Scrimmage/ Meet the Players will be this Wednesday at Leopard Stadium.

Practice has been going well so far. The most notable player is sophmore Casey Land (6' 5", 270), he is really doing a great job at defensive tackle. All of the All-District players from last year are really stepping it up, and showing the youngin's how it is going to be like on Friday nights.

The turnout was actually larger than normal with about 95 or so players coming out to play.

Pudlugger
08-07-2004, 05:48 PM
Great news LG. That Land kid has great potential if he can endure the challenges of the LG coaching staff. Too many kids with "the package" just can't hack it (like you mentioned on a previous post). I have had my eye on this kid too and if he has the sand to hang in there he could be a real blue chip player. It looks like the Leps are shaping up to be a strong and fast team this year. I can't wait for the opener against Cuero. That will be a big test for this team. Good luck and I'll be watching you!:D