PDA

View Full Version : Talk about leaving a door open -

Phil C
08-05-2004, 11:38 AM
The local paper reported that Ricky Williams said that if he does come back to the NFL he will only play for the Raiders since it is near his home town. We should have known there was a catch to it. I bet he plays again within two years. Money is tempting! All that talk about that he wasn't interested in money! Hah!

spiveyrat
08-05-2004, 12:30 PM
I think he still is under contract with the Dolphins for two years. You can bet they will not let him go unless they can recoup some $$$ and maybe pick up some draft picks.

JasperDog94
08-05-2004, 12:49 PM
You can bet the Dolphins won't release him without some serious draft picks in return. The good news is that Al Davis has no problem mortgaging his future for the present.

Old Tiger
08-05-2004, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
The local paper reported that Ricky Williams said that if he does come back to the NFL he will only play for the Raiders since it is near his home town. We should have known there was a catch to it. I bet he plays again within two years. Money is tempting! All that talk about that he wasn't interested in money! Hah! If the Raiders want him bad enough they can buy his rights from the Dolphins.

crzyjournalist03
08-05-2004, 06:15 PM
at least he has turned in his retirement papers...I read in the Dallas Morning News a couple of days ago, that with the papers filed, and the fact that he has failed another drug test, he would have to sit out for one full season after deciding he wanted to come back before he'd be eligible to play again...

I have a feeling we're more likely to see Ricky doing movies than playing football...just imagine, instead of Cheech & Chong, it's Ricky & Quincy!!!! :thinking: :D