PDA

View Full Version : 3a Football

Johnny Utah
08-04-2004, 09:04 PM
Not trying to start any crazy discussions, but really would like to know who are the favorites in each division and in each region in class 3a. With West Orange Stark moving into the mix it should be a wild year!!!! Rockdale, Cameron, Giddings, Manor district might be the toughest in the state!!!! My picks are as follows!
Region 1: Div. 1 Abilene Wylie, and Graham, Div. II Vernon
Region 2: Div. 1 Gainsville, Div. II Who ever comes out of Gainsville's district!
Region 3: Div. 1 West Orange Stark, Div. II Jasper
Region 4: Div. 1 Cuero, Wimberly, Sinton, Div. II Liberty Hill

Adidas410s
08-04-2004, 09:05 PM
in case you missed it...Gainesville is now in Region 1 so I dont see them winning Region 2...but they MIGHT beat the Region 2 team if they should advance to the semifinals!

Johnny Utah
08-04-2004, 09:07 PM
Thanks for that info! Really do not know who would represent region 2 then. Region 1 is going to be tough as nails!!!!
Will also have to mention La Grange. Going to be good this year and even better next!!!

Gobbla2001
08-04-2004, 09:19 PM
In Region IV, look for Sinton to be your top-dawg in D1... They should make the semi's...

Look for Cuero to go D2 (because I believe that Gonzales will make the playoffs)... So in R4 D2, look for Cuero, Yoakum and esspecially Liberty Hill to be the big dogs... Maybe Wharton and PI as well...

Johnny Utah
08-04-2004, 09:23 PM
Cuero Div. II???? How good is Gonzales??? If Gonzales get's in and goes Div. I, how far can the Gobbler's go??? Do yall play Sinton and La Grange this year???? Yoakum and Liberty Hill will be tough for sure!

Gobbla2001
08-04-2004, 09:25 PM
Gonzales didn't make the playoffs this year, but they return some experience and a very good QB... So I'm thinking they may squeeze in that third spot with Yoakum and Cuero in the first two spots...

Yes, we play Sinton and La Grange in pre-district, then we have Yoakum in District...

I'm very confident that the Gobblers can make a huge run this year... But R4 D2 (which is where I plan on us being) may be one of the toughest regional divisions to break out of this year...

Johnny Utah
08-04-2004, 09:28 PM
I have heard that Liberty Hill has alot back and of course the slot t is tough to stop, or should I say if they keep the ball for 8-10 minutes each drive!

Gobbla2001
08-04-2004, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
I have heard that Liberty Hill has alot back and of course the slot t is tough to stop, or should I say if they keep the ball for 8-10 minutes each drive!

They've never really been that big or buff looking, just quick and disciplined... Personally, going off of last year's outcome, I believe Cuero COULD defeat Liberty Hill if they were to go D2 and make it that far (not saying they would, saying they could)...

LH returns a lot, but so does Yoakum, and so does Cuero...

In district 25, I wouldn't count out West Columbia making the playoffs and sending Wharton into D2... I believe Wharton will win that district with the speed and talent they're returning, so you can pretty much say they're in... As for West Columbia a lock in the playoffs? I dunno, but I'm pretty sure they can atleast beat Palacios, so there's one team out of the way... But yes, I'm thinking WC goes D1 sending Wharton D2, which will make things even tougher... And BTW: We also play Wharton in pre-district (the other two games being CC West Oso and Sealy)...

Port Isabel? They lost a lot of good talent, but they have a dang good coach that will atleast get them into the playoffs... Where from there? I guess we'll have to wait and see...

BIGHANK
08-04-2004, 10:42 PM
jasper is prolly gonna play wos for div 1 cause they are a huge 3a school

BIGHANK
08-04-2004, 10:46 PM
where can i go to see the size of a schools attendence

thanks

BIGHANK
08-04-2004, 10:49 PM
im sorry bout this but where can i go to see who is in what region

j_dog
08-04-2004, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by BIGHANK
jasper is prolly gonna play wos for div 1 cause they are a huge 3a school
Yes, Jasper could be considered a "huge" school for 3a, but they are only the number two school enrollment wise in its district. So, there is no guarantee at all that if they make the playoffs they would go Div I. Most likely, it would be Div II as has been discussed extensively here in previous posts.

BIGHANK
08-05-2004, 01:09 AM
so who is bigger than jasper in there district

Chris Hart
08-05-2004, 01:57 AM
Silsbee

fury900
08-05-2004, 04:53 AM
Originally posted by BIGHANK
where can i go to see the size of a schools attendence

thanks

http://www.uil.utexas.edu/2004align/index.html

JasperDog94
08-05-2004, 08:55 AM
Not trying to get ahead of myself, but I would love to see Jasper hook it up with Cuero in the semi's.

footballgal
08-05-2004, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001

Port Isabel? They lost a lot of good talent, but they have a dang good coach that will atleast get them into the playoffs... Where from there? I guess we'll have to wait and see...

Gobbla it wasn't that bad the loss of players, Tarpons are still in good shape, they lost some (specifically 3, Joe, Missile and QB Gabe, but have gained some too; We will have a great group of very talented Seniors coming back as well; and with a great combination of a great coach and the Tarpon football tradition, I expect good things this year as well. :)

BIGHANK
08-05-2004, 11:31 AM
who is picked to win district 22

JasperDog94
08-05-2004, 12:47 PM
Jasper
Kirbyville
Silsbee

In that order.

BIGHANK
08-05-2004, 02:25 PM
umk thanks