PDA

View Full Version : My Division 1 Picks

Cat22
08-04-2004, 10:21 AM
Ok here are my Division 1 picks. Please give me your thoughts. Most of my information on this came from DCTF, so keep that in mind when you review them.

Region I
When I think of this region, two teams come to mind. Gainesville and Decatur. It looks as if these two teams will meet in round two. I think the winner of this game will win the region. With that said I'm picking the slight upset and going with Decatur.

Region II
I don't see one team in this region that is head and shoulders above the rest, although I like Kennedale's chances. So I'll pick them for Region II.

Region III
With the drop of WO-S to 3A, I don't think any team in division 1 Region III will be able to toppel the Mustangs. I think Manor will give them a good game, but I'll give the edge to WO-S. Now if for some reason Jasper ends up in division 1 they will give WO-S a close game also, but again I'll give the edge to WO-S.

Region IV
I've got to go with Sinton in this region. I don't see anyone in Region IV getting a win over the Pirates. I don't have Cuero going division 1, but if they do, they will give Sinton a good game, but I will still go with the Pirates.

Semi-Finals
Decatur and Kennedale will be a close high scoring game that may go into OT. I will give the edge to Decatur. I think this is their year.
WO-S and Sinton will be a good game also, but I have to give the advantage to WO-S. Too much speed.

Finals
This will be a good game too. It will be interesting to see WO-S's defense against the passing attack of Decatur. I give the edge to WO-S with a final score of:

WO-S 31 Decatur 21

your thoughts!

HighSchool Fan
08-04-2004, 10:42 AM
I agree with region 1 and region 3 as being in the championship game, just not Decatur.

Cat22
08-04-2004, 01:00 PM
Yeah it's hard picking against Gainesville, but I just have a feeling that this is going to be Decatur's year.

HighSchool Fan
08-04-2004, 01:13 PM
I'm thinking it's between Abilene Wylie and Gainesville.

Old Green
08-04-2004, 06:53 PM
Looks good to me Cat22. What's your thoughts on Perryton out of Region 1. Quite a few starters back on that team.

rhino33
08-04-2004, 06:59 PM
well im prayin that carrollton ranchview wins region one and hopefully more

Cat22
08-04-2004, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
Looks good to me Cat22. What's your thoughts on Perryton out of Region 1. Quite a few starters back on that team.
I'm not sure what to think about Perryton. I know they have alot of starters coming back, but I'm not sold on them yet. Let's see where they are once district starts.