PDA

View Full Version : Va Tech Suspends QB Vick for Season

jason
08-03-2004, 03:44 PM
Virginia Tech quarterback Marcus Vick has been suspended from the university for the 2004 season because of his run-ins with the law. School officials said Tuesday they took the action because of Vick's convictions on three counts of contributing to the delinquency of a minor and reckless driving and marijuana possession charges.

Vick Suspended (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/photo?slug=ap-virginiatechbackupquarterback&prov=ap)

Old Tiger
08-03-2004, 03:47 PM
Tisk Tisk Tisk. Someone should slap him on the hand!

District303aPastPlayer
08-03-2004, 07:13 PM
Let the kid go to school at least... this is crazy...

Old Tiger
08-03-2004, 07:16 PM
He will be back for next year?

espn1
08-03-2004, 07:50 PM
To bad, he needs to learn how to be a responsible citizen. Send him on a vacation with Ricky.:smoker: :smoker: :smoker: :smoker: :smoker:

olddawggreen
08-03-2004, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by jason
Virginia Tech quarterback Marcus Vick has been suspended from the university for the 2004 season because of his run-ins with the law. School officials said Tuesday they took the action because of Vick's convictions on three counts of contributing to the delinquency of a minor and reckless driving and marijuana possession charges.

Vick Suspended (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/photo?slug=ap-virginiatechbackupquarterback&prov=ap)

Good for Virginia Tech!

District303aPastPlayer
08-03-2004, 10:11 PM
i was watching PTI today on ESPN... they made a great point... why put Marcus Vick in a position to do the same thing by taking him totally away from school. Yes, he needs to be suspended from the football team, but from the ENTIRE school, meaning no classes is not a good thing. that only pushes him in the same position that got him itno trouble. keep him off the football team for the year, but don't take him away from school.... sorry ODG, but i dont agree with this at all....

olddawggreen
08-03-2004, 10:37 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
[B] keep him off the football team for the year, but don't take him away from school.... sorry ODG, but i dont agree with this at all..

I understand what your saying District303aPast Player, I definatly think he should be suspended from the team for the perscribed period of time. As far as being completely suspended from the school, it depends on what the same punishment would be for any other student attending Virginia Tech.

There may be details about his suspension or the reason for it that Im not aware of. It appears that Mr. Vick has some life choices to make. He can take this in a constructive way and learn a lesson from it or he can let himself be pushed further into the things that got him in trouble. Obviously he has been graced with a talent and certainly has worked hard to reach a position on the team. I just hope hes smart enough to take this as a wake up call and not throw it all away. I wish him the best

sahen
08-03-2004, 11:52 PM
guys the only reason i know for someone getting suspended from a university for marijuana possession is they had it on campus...i know people who have been caught that rnt athletes that havent got suspended because they didnt get caught on campus...i have a feeling he must've had the weed in on him or in his dorm or something at the university...if that is the case then the university did the right thing...they treated him like a normal student...i dont konw if that happened BUT i strongly feel taht this is the case....not that i have inside info or anything..
on another note...the lose of vick has another effect that no one has considered....USC's strength of schedule just went back out the window...another birthday cake year for them...hopefully they will get drilled by a real team when they go bowling....

spiveyrat
08-04-2004, 07:37 AM
Is he any kin to Michael Vick?

Cameronbystander
08-04-2004, 07:55 AM
Why should the university let him stay at their expense. When he accepted the scholarship I am sure that he agreed to certain rules of conduct. If he wants to stay in school he can get his brother to pay and he can go somewhere at his own expense.

Phil C
08-04-2004, 08:25 AM
Oh for the strict years of Switzer at Oklahoma. Nebraska was strict too. Look at how they handled Phillips.

Phil C
08-04-2004, 08:28 AM
On a serious note things like that never (at least that I know of) happened at Texas while Royal was coach there. If it had I imagine he would have kicked them off the team the first time for good.

JasperDog94
08-04-2004, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Oh for the strict years of Switzer at Oklahoma. Nebraska was strict too. Look at how they handled Phillips. You had me wondering there for a minute Phil. You need to start using the smilies and stuff so that you don't give me a heart attack.:eek: :)

espn1
08-04-2004, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
Is he any kin to Michael Vick?
Brothers

spiveyrat
08-04-2004, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by espn1
Brothers

Thanks! That's what I figured.