PDA

View Full Version : Well...it's official!!!

Ranger Mom
08-02-2004, 11:57 AM
I no longer have any boys playing football!

My youngest finally decided to just concentrate on baseball this year.

My only daughter is now the only child out of five children that has anything to do with football! (2 of the 5 are out of school now anyway)!

So......I can STILL honestly keep my Ranger Mom name!!!
:D :D :D

3afan2K3
08-02-2004, 11:59 AM
Arnt you still the mom of a Ranger even if they dont play football.

chaingang
08-02-2004, 12:17 PM
Why doesnt he want to play? If you dont mind me asking.

Ranger Mom
08-02-2004, 12:33 PM
His favorite sport has just always been baseball. I think he played football because me and his dad love it so much.

The 3 older boys all gave it up after their freshman year also. I sometimes wonder if I shouldn't have put them in PeeWee football in 3rd grade. They have all used the same reason: they just got tired of it.

The oldest two are out of school now, and never looked back or regretted their decision not to play. I hope the younger two don't end up feeling regrets about it.

With my daughter starting her 2nd year as a trainer, at least I still get updates and can stay "in the know"!:D

44INAROW
08-02-2004, 02:12 PM
Mom
I commend you for NOT forcing him to play.. I know it is a tough pill to swallow, but in the long run, you'll all be happier!

3afan2K3
08-02-2004, 02:14 PM
Wimps.............:D

Ranger Mom
08-02-2004, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Mom
I commend you for forcing him to play.. I know it is a tough pill to swallow, but in the long run, you'll all be happier!

I'm confused.....I'm not forcing him to play, which is why he isn't playing!

Ranger Mom
08-02-2004, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by 3afan2K3
Wimps.............:D

Well....my oldest who quit after his freshman year rides bulls and breaks horses, so I don't think I would be calling him a wimp.

Crazy maybe....but definately not a wimp!!:p

jason
08-02-2004, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Mom
I commend you for forcing him to play.. I know it is a tough pill to swallow, but in the long run, you'll all be happier! i think you mean NOT forcing him...

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-02-2004, 02:54 PM
I never got to play pee-wee football, but I do get tired of the conditioning and the exhausting feeling I have every day after practice, but I love to play. I'm just going to be glad when I don't have to go through offseason...now that is tough.

CRHSeagle
08-02-2004, 03:04 PM
Football is one of those sports that you have to love in order to play it. All that conditioning can wear down on you.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-02-2004, 03:25 PM
You're very right....but I still want to play college ball somewhere, even though it's going to be harder than HS.

WOS1
08-02-2004, 03:42 PM
I remember many a August afternoon, kneeling on one knee, trying desperately to catch my breath before my line was up again for agility drills, wondering if I would be able to keep the vomit down and thinking to myself, "why the HELL am I doing this?" Then, that first game would finally get here. You walk out under the lights, smell the fresh cut grass in the air, hear all the fans screaming and the crowd going wild after a big play, then I remember what I was thinking that day in August and think to myself; oh yeah... this is why I do it...

Keep the faith boys, the season will be here before you know it and it'll make it all worth while.

slpybear the bullfan
08-02-2004, 03:53 PM
Guys, I mean this exactly as it is written...

Play Every Single Down Like it is Your Last!

Too soon, it will be. And if you enjoyed it as much as I did, all you will have is a ton of good memories, some good videos, and an incredible desire to hit the field each August.

Have a lot of fun guys, I wish I could too...

slpybear

Bulls #70, Class of '89

44INAROW
08-02-2004, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I'm confused.....I'm not forcing him to play, which is why he isn't playing! sorry bad bad bad typo.. oops

WOS1
08-02-2004, 04:04 PM
My fingers get a little thick sometimes too.

VWG
08-02-2004, 09:41 PM
I wonder about my kids as well...although not within years of being in high school. You always want them to be happy and excel at anything they love to do.
Baseball is a great sport, and I love the game. I also think the same about football.
Don't worry, I had a buddy of mine that was "tired" of football and quit his soph. year and didn't play his junior year. Came back and went out for football his senior year and kicked butt.
You never know.....

Greenwood Teach
08-02-2004, 09:50 PM
To each his own! The coaches have harped and harped on my son to play football. It's obvious why. He's 6 foot and weighs a little over 200 pounds and he's very muscular. He got that way about 6th grade when he found out that he could swim a very fast breast stroke! Football isn't for everyone.

RangerMom, I commend you for allowing him to make his own decision!

rhino33
08-02-2004, 09:55 PM
His favorite sport has just always been baseball. I think he played football because me and his dad love it so much.

The 3 older boys all gave it up after their freshman year also. I sometimes wonder if I shouldn't have put them in PeeWee football in 3rd grade. They have all used the same reason: they just got tired of it.

The oldest two are out of school now, and never looked back or regretted their decision not to play. I hope the younger two don't end up feeling regrets about it.

With my daughter starting her 2nd year as a trainer, at least I still get updates and can stay "in the know"!:D

i personally dont see how anybody wouldnt want to play football, i dont think i could live happily without playing . in my opinion

Rabbit'93
08-02-2004, 11:31 PM
I can't hope enough that my two want to play. My six year old wants to play Pee Wee but I won't let him. I'll wait till he's in the six grade. By that time, some kids are bigger than others and he can really decide if taking a pounding is for him. I just hope that he will want to by then.

bullfrog_alumni_02
08-03-2004, 01:20 AM
i guess the time are changin', i called home a few days ago and my little brother said he isnt playing so he can focus on cross country and powerlifting. i just told him it was up to him and that he shold really think about this, he'll be a junior at LW next yr.

BIG19
08-03-2004, 08:01 AM
I no longer have any boys playing football!

My youngest finally decided to just concentrate on baseball this year.

My only daughter is now the only child out of five children that has anything to do with football! (2 of the 5 are out of school now anyway)!

So......I can STILL honestly keep my Ranger Mom name!!!
:D :D :D

Don't worry mom, I did the same thing when I was in high school and I turned out somewhat normal....As I got older, I did regret not being able to make the memories that come with football, but I really don't think I would change a thing.

I feel our kids need to experience life for themselves and not live it for their parents. No matter what they do, as long as they are involved in something and stick with it life is good. Just the way I feel.