PDA

View Full Version : Jasper Fans!

kepdawg
08-01-2004, 11:41 PM
To the Jasper fans and others interested, check out the following link. Information about coaches, players, some photos from last season and some other good stuff. I'm not sure who is behind this, but I plan on sending an e-mail expressing my thanks! Take a look!

Jasper Football (http://www.jasperisd.net/football/football_index.htm)

Mustang '89
08-01-2004, 11:50 PM
That Mustang almost got away...
http://www.jasperisd.net/football/images/photos/photo02.jpg

Bulldog92
08-02-2004, 12:23 AM
That's pretty cool. I've been waiting for a site for Jasper football for years. I just hope someone will keep it updated throughout the season. :D

spiveyrat
08-02-2004, 07:23 AM
Thanks for sharing that!

Is it just me, or has Jasper recruited the entire Waxahachie coaching staff? It appears all of these guys have coached with at least someone on the staff somewhere else.

One more note... there's not a single coach still there that coached me in high school. Might have to change my name from spiveyrat to Old Fart! :eek:

Bulldog92
08-02-2004, 07:51 AM
Some of them are still there...but they're doing other things. A lot of the staff was with Coach Lauve at Plano East, too. I guess that says a lot about him. I just hope they keep things intact for a long time because they appear to know what they're doing. There's been way too much turnover since Coach Walkoviak left.

Bulldog92
08-02-2004, 08:00 AM
Did you notice that they're starting school next Wednesday, the 11th? That's crazy. Oh well...better these kids than us. They need it more than we did. :D

JasperDog94
08-02-2004, 08:40 AM
I'm glad that someone finally took the time to update the website. It's not the greatest, but I'll take it.

spiveyrat
08-02-2004, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Bulldog92
Did you notice that they're starting school next Wednesday, the 11th? That's crazy. Oh well...better these kids than us. They need it more than we did. :D

I saw that. That's next week!!! Seems to get earlier and earlier.

WOS1
08-02-2004, 08:52 AM
I think most of the schools in the area are starting on Wed too. I've got kids at OF and WO-S and they are all starting on Wed and I'm almost positive BC is starting then. I guess they are giving the Teachers a couple of warm up days...

duckbutter
08-02-2004, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
I saw that. That's next week!!! Seems to get earlier and earlier. Newton starts on the 5th!!!

JasperDog94
08-02-2004, 10:16 AM
So much for the state trying to crack down on schools starting earlier. There's a law about when you can start school....but you can get a waiver.

So tell me again about the point of this law?:rolleyes:

chaingang
08-02-2004, 10:22 AM
Actually, I belive Bridge City starts Sept 1.

spiveyrat
08-02-2004, 10:36 AM
The 5th??? :eek: When's graduation? First week of May?

District303aPastPlayer
08-02-2004, 10:40 AM
Tuloso Midway, Robstown and Taft are already in class, have been for a couple of weeks now.

spiveyrat
08-02-2004, 01:00 PM
I've never EVER heard of anyone starting in July.

JasperDog94
08-02-2004, 01:05 PM
That's what happens when the state keeps adding days to the school year...on top of more days of staff developement...on top of some school districts thinking that they have to have a full week off for Thanksgiving now.

JMHO - but staff developments are the biggest waste of time and money for school districts. The teachers hate them and get next to nothing out of them.

j_dog
08-02-2004, 06:54 PM
Wow. Not a bad site. Now if Jasper can discover web-casting! :D

Old Tiger
08-02-2004, 07:06 PM
http://www.jasperisd.net/football/images/photo_thumbnails/thumbnail10.jpg
That's the best pic!

GS#17
08-02-2004, 08:52 PM
That's a great site with a lot of potential!

They don't have a "where are they now" section, though I'd be willing to guess they'll have something like that before too long. Since my HS graduation, I've been wondering what's happened and what's been going on with some of the great Jasper players we watched play. Specifically, Curtis Hafford, James Bevil, Michael McFarland, Rafel Adams, and Chris Hunt -- those were some extremely talented players. Maybe one of you Jasper fans know?

I met Hafford in a McDonalds in Orange after a WOS-Jasper basketball game in 88 and he was a super nice guy (a lot nicer than when he was intent on putting a certain part of me in the dirt on a botched FG attempt :) ). McFarland went out of his way to come up to me after our game with you all in 87, shook my hand, and said with a great smile, "We'll see you in the playoffs." He really impressed me with such a great attitude. Needless to say, both of them earned a ton of respect from me, not only because of how great they were on the field, but how cool they were off the field, and I've been a Jasper fan ever since.

whatusay2
08-02-2004, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by GS#17
That's a great site with a lot of potential!

They don't have a "where are they now" section, though I'd be willing to guess they'll have something like that before too long. Since my HS graduation, I've been wondering what's happened and what's been going on with some of the great Jasper players we watched play. Specifically, Curtis Hafford, James Bevil, Michael McFarland, Rafel Adams, and Chris Hunt -- those were some extremely talented players. Maybe one of you Jasper fans know?

Curtis Hafford was living in Waco, TX. I "think" he graduated from Baylor--but don't quote me on that.

Michael McFarland is the principal at Tyler John Tyler. He graduated from Baylor--you can quote me on that one.

Rafael Adams graduated from LSU. I'm not sure where he's at.

Chris Hunt--There is a Chris Hunt Jr. But, I don't know if he has the same talent as his father.

GS#17
08-02-2004, 10:10 PM
Thanks! I had wondered what had become of everyone. It sounds like they're all doing really well! :)

spiveyrat
08-03-2004, 06:44 AM
I believe Hunt was in the same class as those other guys. I'm almost certain he didn't go to college.

JasperDog94
08-03-2004, 09:03 AM
Unfortunately Hunt was a severe dicipline problem. Great athlete but a terrible attitude. I don't think he went to college either.

spiveyrat
08-03-2004, 09:56 AM
Yeah, I wanted to say that, but wasn't too sure exactly how to say it.

GS#17
08-03-2004, 10:04 AM
That's what I had always heard, but he was a great athlete and one of the best RBs I've ever seen on a HS level. Hopefully, he's doing well now, though. :)

Hupernikomen
08-03-2004, 06:47 PM
I was manager for that 87 team with all those guys you mention, James Bevil is another person from that bunch that comes to mind also. They really were a good bunch of guys. I saw Rafael at the Jasper/Manor game (i think it was). I do think that Chris Hunt went to college in Tennessee but I don't think he ever played or stayed in school very long. I am not real sure about this though.