2. Carrollton Ranchview
3. Bridgeport
4. Castleberry
5. Lake Worth
6. Little Elm

what do u think, in youe opinion, who will win district

bullfrog_alumni_02
07-31-2004, 04:30 PM
its obvious who the favorite in the district. decatur comes out strong, and will IMO make it to atleast the regional final or the state semi-finals. are you planning on an upset of bridgeport, becasue they are from what i have heard a solid team. i do think decautur will win the district but bridgeport will take second, and third place is up for grabs. the rest of the district has ups and downs, meaning their pro's are comparative to the con's. i just dont know who i want to predict is in third place yet. we'll have to wait to see how everyone plays.

CRHSeagle
07-31-2004, 08:21 PM
This is how I see it going down

1.Decatur- Always a solid team and having both Brian Christian and Chandler Dane wont hurt them either. They will probably take first.

2. Bridgeport- Even after they lost Phillip Daughtery they still made the playoffs and played good throughout the year. Thats why I see them continuing their success.

? Carrollton Ranchview- Alot is expected from this first year varsity team. If they have success early in the season they could possilby take third.

? Castleberry- Our new coaching staff has brought in a whole new system that the whole team is hyped up about. We did really good in 7-on-7 but we never entered a SQT because we started practicing to late in the season.

? Little Elm- Although I don't know much about them they could very well help decide who makes the playoffs

? Lake Worth- After painting our lion green I cant wait till we play them. They had a down year last year but I dont think that will happen again.

First and second are probably the only two spots that are guaranteed. The rest could go either way. More than likely I see Little Elm finishing last and Castleberry, Ranchview and Lake Worth fighting for third.

slpybear the bullfan
07-31-2004, 09:24 PM
Interesting analysis... Here are some thoughts, not predictions...

I think Decatur is the Hands Down favorite. They lost some key players, (McKinney, et al), but the have some good younger kids that can move up. Decatur has one of the hardest pre-district schedules in the state, IMHO.

Bridgeport will be stronger this year, with a good crew returning on both sides of the ball. They definitely can contend for a postseason spot, but a lot of football needs to be played before we start thinking that way.

Lake Worth impressed me last year. If I recall the game well, I think the coaching could have been a little stronger. Just curious, did anything change on the coaching front down there?

Castleberry has always struggled to keep up with the top of the pack. It will be interesting to see the new offense and look.

Little Elm has always started the year with a feeling that this will be the year they take the next step. I guess we will hear that again this year. They do play the Bulls good each year, so we won't take them lightly. Just curious, does the coach have any heat on him there this year.

Ranchview - Obviously, this is the dark horse. Quite an impressive run through some big JVs last year. Anyone who is foolish enough to believe DCTF and think they will struggle in 3A is welcome to come to my poker night. I think they have the potential to suprise a LOT of folks.

By the way, myself and Bullfrog Dad will be making sure there is a "7-3a Scattershooting" thread each week where we can all talk up the latest about our teams. I am looking forward to seeing each of you there in about two weeks...

CRHSeagle
07-31-2004, 11:17 PM
We need some Little Elm poster's!

rhino33
07-31-2004, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by CRHSeagle
We need some Little Elm poster's!

crhseagle did u get my pm

CRHSeagle
07-31-2004, 11:30 PM
yeah