1. Liberty
2. Barbers Hill
3. Huffman
4. Cleveland
5. Splendora
6. Tarkington

mwynn05
07-31-2004, 02:44 PM
looks pretty good (i guess i know nothing about any of the teams) most people would have just put there school in 1st

bullfrog_alumni_02
07-31-2004, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
looks pretty good (i guess i know nothing about any of the teams) most people would have just put there school in 1st nah, she wants to be the second place team and beat the first place team in an upset...:D

BHKrystal06
07-31-2004, 02:46 PM
lol yea bullfrog, thats it:D

mwynn05
07-31-2004, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
nah, she wants to be the second place team and beat the first place team in an upset...:D that could be it haha

Hupernikomen
07-31-2004, 09:51 PM
I am at that 6th place team you mention there, and well I agree with you picks. Liberty brings back some good talent including the bruising FB Swift and QB Smart, so they deserve the nod on last years performance. But I think everyone in this district knows that beating you guys will not be an easy task.

Huffman might give you guys a shot for second place (interesting that DCFB picked them 2nd IMO) and Cleveland might continue to improve and fight for that 3rd spot.

Good Luck.

BHKrystal06
08-01-2004, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen

Huffman might give you guys a shot for second place (interesting that DCFB picked them 2nd IMO) and Cleveland might continue to improve and fight for that 3rd spot.

Good Luck.

I agree that Huffman will give us a run for our money this year and as Cleveland continues to improve, it will be harder to stay at the top spots. But I just put everyone how I see it...

Good luck to ya'll too.

RBARKER
08-02-2004, 09:04 AM
I see it like this

1.) BH
2.) Liberty
3.) Huffman
4.) Splendora
5.) Cleveland
6.) Tarkington

Yes I'm going to be the home town fan and pick BH #1. Liberty Beat BH last year but it was very close, BH will have Huffman and Liberty at Home this year that is why I give BH the Nod. BH hasn't lost a district game at home in 5 years and I think they can keep the streak alive. BH will have a lot of weapons this year with a returning QB and a great stable of athlets from the JV team plus a Move in RB from 5A Clear Creek (I Think) that was a starter last year. The top three should have some close games this year Huffman and Liberty are loaded so it will not be any easy task but I have faith that the Eagles will win this year.

falcons79
08-02-2004, 09:34 AM
I know BH and liberty are going to be tough wins, but I believe this year we have the team to do it. I know everybody thinks that we don't have crew we might have alittle trouble, but the fact is we have so many kids that took a back seat to crew last year, but will come up and replace him with no trouble this year. As everyone knows our line is hugh and seems to continue to grow. So I think everyone will be surprised by Huffman this year. I personally like the picks of Huffman taking number one.

chaingang
08-02-2004, 10:05 AM
I didnt think Liberty was that strong. I dont know much about that district, but I just havent heard that much about Liberty. I also think Huffman will make a run for #1 imo.

RBARKER
08-02-2004, 10:46 AM
Hey Falcons79 I heard that your QB from last year moved to BH. Whats the deal with that? Seems kind of strange to me knowing that BH already has the QB position tied up. Maybe we can get some of your Linemen over here J/K :D

RBARKER
08-02-2004, 11:09 AM
Krystal, Have you or blueblood heard anything on the the Scrimmage schedule yet ? I assume BH will scrimmage someone next week, but haven't heard anything.

falcons79
08-02-2004, 11:13 AM
I don't want to say to much, the kid is a friend of my sons, but he was kicked off the team and was not going to be able to play for huffman this year. He went to alot of schools around here and BH was the only one that said they would take him and let him play. As far as the linemen, my son is one of them, there is not chance your going to get them, they are a bunch of great kids and will stay with huffman.

RBARKER
08-02-2004, 11:17 AM
Thanks for the info Falcon79 and goodluck to your son and on the upcoming season. BH krystal will have the Downlow T-shirt for the BH/ Huffman game hope we can all meet and sign the shirt.

Hupernikomen
08-02-2004, 01:29 PM
RB:

Must be nice to get qbs and rbs that started at other schools the previous year to move into your district :thinking:

Falcon:
probably not a good idea to say the kid went from school to school trying to find somewhere where he could play either...barbers hill was were his family moved too ;)

I doubt there is anyone on this present Huffman team that will replace Crews completely. Despite that kid's issues he was a tremendous running back and not one like him comes along every year at any 3A school. Although with the line you guys have coming back this year if you have a good rb those 5 up front may make him look great.

It will be a shootout in 23 AAA between BH, Liberty and Huffman again this year. RB I know it has been 5 years since BH lost a home district game, but seems like it had been just as long since they lost a district game period until last year.

falcons79
08-02-2004, 01:54 PM
Your right, thats why I didn't go in to details, but his family moved there because they were going to let him play. I don't mean anything by this, we here in huffman hope the best for him in BH. I know the other players feel the same, in fact he was here saturday night playing a pick up game of football with the guys.

RBARKER
08-02-2004, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
RB:

Must be nice to get qbs and rbs that started at other schools the previous year to move into your district :thinking:

RB I know it has been 5 years since BH lost a home district game, but seems like it had been just as long since they lost a district game period until last year.

Yes it is nice to get some talent from other teams our way :D

You are correct about BH and their district record. Records are there to be broken and it could happen this year, but the Eagles are tough at home so we will just have to wait and see.

BHKrystal06
08-02-2004, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by RBARKER
Krystal, Have you or blueblood heard anything on the the Scrimmage schedule yet ? I assume BH will scrimmage someone next week, but haven't heard anything.
Nah, but I can ask. I see the players everyday.

RBARKER
08-02-2004, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by BHKrystal06
Nah, but I can ask. I see the players everyday.

Cool, if you think about it ask and let me know I'm ready to see some action.

BHKrystal06
08-02-2004, 04:56 PM
Cool, if you think about it ask and let me know I'm ready to see some action.
I'll ask tomorrow then get back to ya.

RBARKER
08-02-2004, 05:07 PM
2 a days begin and the 2004 season is coming . Here is a pick form the BH web site from todays practice. Man I can't wait!

http://eteamz.active.com/bheagles/images/VarPract.jpg

Eagles52
08-03-2004, 04:31 PM
I'm excited about the season coming up, our practices are going pretty well, everyone is working hard and getting better but the picture wont start to really clear up any until we put on the pads and see where everything falls into place. I just hope everyone stays healthy and safe at every school this season.

Old Tiger
08-03-2004, 04:34 PM
2 a days begin and the 2004 season is coming . Here is a pick form the BH web site from todays practice. Man I can't wait!

http://eteamz.active.com/bheagles/images/VarPract.jpg What's the orange helmets for?

RBARKER
08-03-2004, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
What's the orange helmets for?

I assume so you can tell who's on D and who's on O.

RBARKER
08-03-2004, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Eagles52
I'm excited about the season coming up, our practices are going pretty well, everyone is working hard and getting better but the picture wont start to really clear up any until we put on the pads and see where everything falls into place. I just hope everyone stays healthy and safe at every school this season.

Hey Eagles52 do you know who yall will be scrimmaging and when?

BHKrystal06
08-03-2004, 05:37 PM
I went out there and asked Doc today during practice, but all he told me was...

Crosby - here
Lumberton - there

RBARKER
08-04-2004, 07:41 AM
Thanks for checking on it for me. That gives me something to look foward to.

BHKrystal06
08-04-2004, 04:46 PM
No prob.

Eagles52
08-06-2004, 02:54 PM
all I know is Crosby a week from Saturday