PDA

View Full Version : Countdown Til Season '04

maroonpirate04
07-30-2004, 09:33 PM
Hey Today's marks sounds like the flick
28 DAYS LATER:doh: :thinking: :confused: :D

Gobbla2001
07-30-2004, 10:42 PM
In 28 days we'll be playing West Oso... Aren't they the bears?

I didn't know bears were down there...

You'd figure they'd be..... I dunno, Hammerheads or Trout or c101's or something....

What is this?

Nah, looking forward to this game, should be a good one...

BTW, what's Oso's stadium like? I wanna know if I can take my time getting there or if I need to take nice clothes to work...

District303aPastPlayer
07-30-2004, 10:46 PM
take nice clothes from work and change at the Whataburger on Bear Lane. Its a decent sized stadium, from what i can remember. Never been to a game there that i wasnt playing in...

Gobbla2001
07-30-2004, 10:52 PM
Hmmm... Football, Whataburger.... WhatACombo...

Thanks man...

bd62
07-30-2004, 11:04 PM
gobbla we played them there 2 yrs. ago. i dont think it will hold the cuero fans. it probably want be much of a game. they had lots of srs. last yr. they allways have talent but they cant handle the gobblers . game will be long because 2 or 3 bears will lay on the field after every play in second half.
aint it great that football season is almost here.

Gobbla2001
07-30-2004, 11:05 PM
I'll expect a good one... Kinda hard after you said all of that though ha...

Thanks man...

Those Dogs read?

bd62
07-30-2004, 11:13 PM
they are working hard. most seniors we have ever had.(25) probably have 40 plus on varsity which is unheard of in yoakum.
they better be ready with that non-dist schedule and the dist. is lot tougher with edna coming in.
in my opinion cuero is the top team and then us. the other 4 will be fighting for third. its pretty even after the top 2.

Gobbla2001
07-30-2004, 11:16 PM
Yah, the Cuero/Yoakum game should go down to the wire... You guys are my big worry in district...

Is that guy who caught all of those passes in last year's game coming back? QB?

bd62
07-30-2004, 11:30 PM
wilemon the w.r. is gone and he was only sr. starter on offense. he has a brother who played on jv. and will start on defense and play some offense. i think this years team has more potential than the playoff team we had the last 4 yrs. just got to do it on the field.
i know that cuero is set for the next 4 yrs. because i have seen there varsity play 3 games last yr. and know the talent coming back. there jv was good but there freshman were outstanding.and then there that hargrove kid who will be a freshman. he a speed burner.timed him at the yoakum j.h. track meet in the 200 meters and when he came around the corner i thought he was the only one in the race because he was so far ahead of everone. you guys are going to have some fun over there in the next few yrs.

Gobbla2001
07-30-2004, 11:33 PM
Well I hope it turns out like you're saying...

But I'm also hoping Yoakum can keep it up, you guys have some classy folks there...

bd62
07-30-2004, 11:43 PM
we had 5 good yrs. and should have another one. after this yr. out talent level goes down but as long as the present coaching staff is there they will be competive. the cuero-yoakum games the last 4 yrs. have been something else. all 4 games decided in last minute with one o.t. yoakum won in 2000 and 2001. cuero won the last two. hope we can stay with you guys this yr. but after that i am afraid its not going to be as close.

Gobbla2001
07-30-2004, 11:50 PM
Well, I'm hoping you're wrong, it's always a great atmosphere, and the last four years have been great... I'm hittin' the sack...

Adios!!!