PDA

View Full Version : Robert Strait

crabman
07-30-2004, 04:34 PM
Did any of you catch the two-part Robert Strait interview on Victoria's KAVU Channel 25 last night. Part one was at six o'clock. It had one of his highlight reels from high school. I didn't move to Cuero or follow Cuero until a few years ago. I had never actually watched him run. That was un-freaking-believable. It was almost like a cartoon. He ran over, around, and through people. It was like watching Herschel Walker in a JV game. The yards after first contact were just phenomenal.

Part two at ten o'clock got into his Baylor and Cleveland career (or lack of it) They talked about his drug problems and his eventual jail time. He is out now. He looked great. He was very contrite. (Always wanted to work that word into a sentence) He is heading back to Baylor to finish his degree in secondary education. He wants to be a coach. With his felony conviction, he could never coach in a public school but I am sure there are a lot of private schools that would take him. It was good to see him talking about his problems and moving on. It may be an act but it sure looked sincere.

I envy anybody that had a chance to live through his high school career and got to watch him.

Old Green
07-30-2004, 07:50 PM
I saw it. It's a shame to mess up like that. He's good at heart. He just took the wrong path.

Crabman. You might say he was poetry in motion. He could do it all.

bd62
07-30-2004, 10:21 PM
in all my yrs. of watching high school football i have never seen any back like him. when he was a soph.. i saw him win the high jump and shot put at regional.now that is some feat.
one yr. cuero was playing yoakum and he broke thru the line and the only kid between him and goal line was a 140 lb. safety. the kid broke down when robert got close to him and he felt sorry for him and went around him instead of running over him. found out later he was friends with the kid off field.
robert was a man among boys. sure hope he has got his act together because he has got a lot of life left to help young kids.