PDA

View Full Version : Checking Out.

Sans Couth
07-30-2004, 01:43 PM
To all of my friends and enemies,

It is with a heavy heart and a shallow mind that I stand before you today to tender my resignation as the 3adownlow jester. For quite some time I have spent untold hours of my personal time doing my best to keep this community entertained. Yes it is true, I do it for myself as well, because I am the kind of person who can laugh at himself. (especially when the jokes are as good as mine). But I also do it for the sake of the board. This is a great community, and I have enjoyed almost every minute of the time I have spent here, but some things have happened that can’t be undone, and quite frankly, I just don’t have the heart to do it anymore.

You see folks, I personally couldn’t care less which team wins it all or loses it all or shows up to play this great game that we all love, but I do care a great deal about the kids that play the game, and I intend to spend more time with mine. Lately however, it seems that I can’t say anything about anyone without some overzealous fan thinking that I care enough about their team, town, or community, to really have any stock in what their particular team does. I guess you really have to wear a chip on your shoulder if someone like me can make a comment about your team or fans and cause you to take it so hard.

I would like to go on record as saying this. “I have never had a problem with any of the discussion on this bulletin board. I have never backed down from a spirited debate, and every time that I have been involved in a disagreement, it has always come to pass, and the community has survived. But I just won’t tolerate being talked about on other boards, and being made out to be someone that I am not. I have over 2000 posts on this board, and only a handful of them were about a particular subject, but to listen to some folks talk, you would think that handful of posts describes not only my character, but my entire existence. Well I don’t intend to waste any more of my time trying to change any ones mind about me, because I really don’t care what folks think about ME. But I do care about my hard work here, and I just don’t want to do it anymore, if I have to put up with the stuff that comes with it.”

On a final note: I would like to take this time to remind everyone just how lucky we are to have the game of football. We live in a country that provides such a wonderful life, that we can forget about everything else that is going on in the world and devote every ounce of our being to what a bunch of kids are doing on a Friday night. As 2adays start Monday, and the season gets underway in a few weeks, try to remember to say a prayer of thanks for the opportunity that we all share this season. Countries under the rule of tyrants do not play football. There are people living on this same planet, that will never know what it is like to dress up and act crazy about a silly little game. They will never know what it is like to spend the entire day at work on Friday anticipating the smell of Frito Pie and the taste of Dr Pepper, and knowing in their heart that no Champagne and Caviar could ever come close to pleasing the pallet when consumed in the bleachers. There are folks right here in our own country that will never understand that for 3 hours on a Friday night, it doesn’t matter what kind of car you drive, or how nice your home is, or how happy you are in your work, because for 3 little hours, there is no place on earth you would rather be than sitting on cold aluminum and stomping your feet. So when the flag goes up next month at that first game and you are standing there with your hand on your heart, don’t be ashamed to smile and say to yourself “Life as I know it is GOOD, and nothing else matters.”

Peace

BHKrystal06
07-30-2004, 01:52 PM
Sans, don't go! I like having you here!

Ranger Mom
07-30-2004, 01:54 PM
I feel sick to my stomach!:(

Sans....you and I will talk later!!:)

Old Tiger
07-30-2004, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by BHKrystal06
Sans, don't go! I like having you here! Ditto. Your a great guy that means no harm. We like having you around and what would Trivia Question be without you! You made it what it is today! In my final thought on the subject you you leaving I wish you would stay and enjoy posting and have fun with it and not care what any of these people say about you or think about you!

chaingang
07-30-2004, 01:56 PM
Come on man. where ya going?

BHKrystal06
07-30-2004, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I feel sick to my stomach!:(

Sans....you and I will talk later!!:)
I wanna talk to you later too!

bullfrog_alumni_02
07-30-2004, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Sans Couth
To all of my friends and enemies,

It is with a heavy heart and a shallow mind that I stand before you today to tender my resignation as the 3adownlow jester. For quite some time I have spent untold hours of my personal time doing my best to keep this community entertained. Yes it is true, I do it for myself as well, because I am the kind of person who can laugh at himself. (especially when the jokes are as good as mine). But I also do it for the sake of the board. This is a great community, and I have enjoyed almost every minute of the time I have spent here, but some things have happened that can’t be undone, and quite frankly, I just don’t have the heart to do it anymore.

You see folks, I personally couldn’t care less which team wins it all or loses it all or shows up to play this great game that we all love, but I do care a great deal about the kids that play the game, and I intend to spend more time with mine. Lately however, it seems that I can’t say anything about anyone without some overzealous fan thinking that I care enough about their team, town, or community, to really have any stock in what their particular team does. I guess you really have to wear a chip on your shoulder if someone like me can make a comment about your team or fans and cause you to take it so hard.

I would like to go on record as saying this. “I have never had a problem with any of the discussion on this bulletin board. I have never backed down from a spirited debate, and every time that I have been involved in a disagreement, it has always come to pass, and the community has survived. But I just won’t tolerate being talked about on other boards, and being made out to be someone that I am not. I have over 2000 posts on this board, and only a handful of them were about a particular subject, but to listen to some folks talk, you would think that handful of posts describes not only my character, but my entire existence. Well I don’t intend to waste any more of my time trying to change any ones mind about me, because I really don’t care what folks think about ME. But I do care about my hard work here, and I just don’t want to do it anymore, if I have to put up with the stuff that comes with it.”

On a final note: I would like to take this time to remind everyone just how lucky we are to have the game of football. We live in a country that provides such a wonderful life, that we can forget about everything else that is going on in the world and devote every ounce of our being to what a bunch of kids are doing on a Friday night. As 2adays start Monday, and the season gets underway in a few weeks, try to remember to say a prayer of thanks for the opportunity that we all share this season. Countries under the rule of tyrants do not play football. There are people living on this same planet, that will never know what it is like to dress up and act crazy about a silly little game. They will never know what it is like to spend the entire day at work on Friday anticipating the smell of Frito Pie and the taste of Dr Pepper, and knowing in their heart that no Champagne and Caviar could ever come close to pleasing the pallet when consumed in the bleachers. There are folks right here in our own country that will never understand that for 3 hours on a Friday night, it doesn’t matter what kind of car you drive, or how nice your home is, or how happy you are in your work, because for 3 little hours, there is no place on earth you would rather be than sitting on cold aluminum and stomping your feet. So when the flag goes up next month at that first game and you are standing there with your hand on your heart, don’t be ashamed to smile and say to yourself “Life as I know it is GOOD, and nothing else matters.”

Peace
if this is what you want sans, im not gonna stop ya, but you have my aplause, and the last paragraph brought a tear to my eye. i hope im not steping over my boundaries saying this, but you're always gonna be welcomed here. :clap:

spiveyrat
07-30-2004, 02:16 PM
In tribute, I think I'll have a Whopper tonight. ;)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-30-2004, 02:20 PM
Don't make yourself a stranger, Sans. You know how to talk to me, and I hope that we can talk more often in the future. I wish that you could stay, but if this is what you have to do, then do it. I wish you the best Sans, I really do.

3afan2K3
07-30-2004, 02:25 PM
See you on YIM.

CRHSeagle
07-30-2004, 03:33 PM
All though I never really directly talked to you Sans, your post were at least enjoyed by me. 3adl is not gonna be the same without you. :clap:

Gobbla2001
07-30-2004, 05:34 PM
That last paragraph blew me away...

WOO HA... Can't wait for this stuff...

But on a more personal note, I don't like you, Sans, you're just one more idiot in a world of, well, idiots... Why, you may ask? Cuz you don't think Cuero's gunna do any good this year...

Yulp, you're an idiot for that...

Nah, Nice post man...

mwynn05
07-30-2004, 05:41 PM
too bad your leaving really sucks..ill just talk to you on YIM

Rabbit'93
07-30-2004, 06:02 PM
Man first PAINTBALL.....then PPHSfan.....now Sans. What's the world coming to. Sans please don't let people bother you that much. I really enjoy your witty posts and would hate to see you go. I'll throw in a whopper!!!

Chris Hart
07-30-2004, 07:20 PM
Sans, I too enjoyed your time here on the Downlow, but I understand where you are coming from. Having to deal with something like what you have dealt with, would make coming here no fun at all. I hope that one day you will change your mind, but if not we would welcome you with open arms over on the 4A board. I hope you consider that.

But, if this is an underhanded attempt to try and get out of sending Sintonfan the gift certificate you promised him, than I am truly ashamed of you.:D

The 4A board needs a Sans immediately!:)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-30-2004, 07:57 PM
How is the board going to make it though without him.....

X Man
07-30-2004, 08:24 PM
Gee...............let me get the tear cups out and start the violin music.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-30-2004, 08:27 PM
C'mon, keep comments like that to yourself. There's no place for that here, so why don't you jump back on your WOS message boards and say crap like that there.

WOS1
07-30-2004, 08:36 PM
X, your a little late, again. Let's let this one die out padna...;)

slpybear the bullfan
07-30-2004, 09:02 PM
Sans Couth has been a big contributor to this board. I have a lot of respect for him and the decisions he makes.

Sans, if you need a vacation, I understand. Your screen name is always welcome to post and I also will try and holler at you on YIM...

Have a good time friend,

aamove
07-31-2004, 12:22 AM
Sans, I'll miss your post. Hope to see you back soon.

X Man
07-31-2004, 09:32 PM
You people are way to sensitive! From all the shots taken at WOS through the years, people here are prone to jump up and take shots back. If Sans Couch wants to quit, that's his business, but he sould not let the actions of others (including me), dictate what he does.
On the other hand, he said he does not really care about football that much anyway, so I amn sure there are boards where he can entertain others.
I catch up on the end of things because I only frequent these boards a couple times every couple of weeks. I did see the volleys flying several weeks back, and took a couple myself, but I will say this, WOSGRAD was in the thick of defending WOS from remarks, and although some of you may have been offended by it all, WOSGRAD is a great guy who you would probably like, if you had met under different circumstances.
Hey Sans, if you want to talk football, come on back and lets all try to start over. (but get rid of the awful picture of A.E.!)

X Man

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-31-2004, 09:40 PM
He didn't leave because of the fighting with the WOS people.