PDA

View Full Version : Teams that will seak up on ya in region 1

Black_Magic
07-28-2004, 03:10 PM
I wonder if you guys have any idea on teams that may go way longer than predicted or may upset a big dog during district.

I think several may get into the playoffs or spoil a district championship.

For example Clyde beat wylie last year, could it happen this year??? :eek:
Seminole could win thier district:eek:
Sweetwater could sit home for the post season:eek:

All of these in my oppinion are a real posibility. what do you think?

lobo12
07-28-2004, 03:35 PM
i seriously dont think that seminole will win district or sweetwater will stay home. i think that seminole only has two key players back in hill at rb, and clay at wr. in my opinion merkel lost too many players to make the playoffs so i think it will be wylie winning that district. i thought that snyder had lost a lot of players from last year but i guess i was wrong. i think that sweetwater will take the second place spot in 4-3a

Black_Magic
07-28-2004, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by lobo12
i seriously dont think that seminole will win district or sweetwater will stay home. i think that seminole only has two key players back in hill at rb, and clay at wr. in my opinion merkel lost too many players to make the playoffs so i think it will be wylie winning that district. i thought that snyder had lost a lot of players from last year but i guess i was wrong. i think that sweetwater will take the second place spot in 4-3a
Nobody has lost more than sweetwater. Seminole I believe beat monahans and monahans won that district. and I hear monahans lost quit a bit with exception to some skill kids( middle LB) for example. Snyder did lose a few good people but Is going to be even better at RB ( if you can believe that) because of the move in from AZ. I hear this kid is the real deal and WAY better than the wells kid. couple that with the two preseason all state picks snyder has and they look tough. Snyder's JV last year was 9-1 and averaged over 40 pts per game .

oh well
07-28-2004, 05:16 PM
Nice humble post BM

VWG
07-28-2004, 05:17 PM
What about Borger up in the panhandle?

I would keep my eyes on WF Hirschi (drop down from 4A).... new coach may be able to turn things around in 3A.

lobo12
07-28-2004, 05:47 PM
monahans have basically everybody back on offense. if they can replace a great center, rb, and one receiver they will be good. defense is where they have to fill the main spots they lost two all state linebackers 2 defensive linemen and 3 defensive backs. about the seminole loss, it was after we had one game of running a new offense we switched to after about 30 yrs. teams can change alot in the time between pre district and district.

lobo12
07-28-2004, 06:05 PM
look what happened in yalls district last year greenwood beat district champ sweetwater and district runner up snyder in pre district and then lost to the third place finisher merkel in the playoffs. anything can happen

Black_Magic
07-28-2004, 06:07 PM
You right. Seminole will have a new coach and they have played well or beat a lot of team sin their new DISTRICT THAT is why I predict they will win that District. They finished 4th in one of the best 3A Districts last year. Their 9th grade class was very talented. Did you play Lamesa after Seminole or before?

lobo12
07-28-2004, 06:11 PM
thanks for reminding me of that game lol. we played lamesa the week before we played greenwood and we played seminole the second week of the season. the lamesa game was kind of misleading. we had over 330 yds of offense and they only had a little over 40. they recoverd a fumble for 97 yds to score. im not making excuses because they did deserve to win the game if they had a higher score

wildstangs
07-28-2004, 06:38 PM
The biggest surprise of the year for me would be seeing a humble poster from Snyder that isn't completely obsessed with Sweetwater.

Knightmoon
07-28-2004, 07:21 PM
I'll say it again. Merkel will beat one of the big three(Wylie,Sweetwater, or Snyder). Don't count Merkel out just yet. They do have some playmakers returning. They have a new head coach that has put together some good defenses in the past few years. They are in a tough district, but that's what makes it fun. I am not so sure that they may not beat two of the three. I can dream........

Black_Magic
07-28-2004, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
The biggest surprise of the year for me would be seeing a humble poster from Snyder that isn't completely obsessed with Sweetwater. I think a success would be for sweetwater to be able to keep at least half of thier coaching staff by the end of the year. ( i hear even Jackson was looking for a job as late as the first of July:eek: Maybe its " the sucess of the program" is the reason they left.. yeah right LOL!!! or maybe a bunch of fuitcakes on the school board.... I dont worry about the mustang bowl.. I believe that Snyder has spanked sweetwater 6 out of the last 7 meetings. If your the sports writer for sweetwater you may be able to confirm that little fact.:D

wildstangs
07-28-2004, 07:57 PM
Sweetwater and Snyder have pretty even over the last couple of decades in wins vs. each other. I dont care what you say though, Sweetwater has had a MUCH better prograrm overall than the Tigers. Snyder very rarely makes it past round one of the playoffs. As for the coaching thing, Sweetwater has only had 4 head coaches since like 1978. Pretty good fact if you ask me. The coaches leaving only shows how good a place Sweetwater is to coach. Everyone of those coaches have taken a better job than their current one.

Black_Magic
07-28-2004, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Sweetwater and Snyder have pretty even over the last couple of decades in wins vs. each other. I dont care what you say though, Sweetwater has had a MUCH better prograrm overall than the Tigers. Snyder very rarely makes it past round one of the playoffs. As for the coaching thing, Sweetwater has only had 4 head coaches since like 1978. Pretty good fact if you ask me. The coaches leaving only shows how good a place Sweetwater is to coach. Everyone of those coaches have taken a better job than their current one. Sweetwater has been 3a for about 4 years longer than snyder I think. Not playing Frenship, Plainview. ect.. unlike snyder. WE will see what happens in Sweetwater in Oct. maybe that soph class will be able to pull the weight for the team.

Z motion 10 out on 2
07-28-2004, 08:27 PM
Darkhorse in region 1 is ---- Iowa Park. This team is well coached and has a very good QB back this year.

wildstangs
07-28-2004, 08:28 PM
We were 3A two more years than you guys were. Both teams struggled in their last two years in 4A. Cant wait for this matter to be solved on the field. Only about 3 months away!

lobo12
07-28-2004, 09:26 PM
i think wildstangs is right, if i am not mistaken this is the first year in a while that ive seen snyder make it past the first round and before you say something yes i know yall beat us to do it

Buffalo
07-29-2004, 06:08 AM
Only 4 times in school history have they been past the 1st round. There is more fb tradition in sweetwater I think only having 4 head coaches in the past decades or so is part of it.