PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys, progressing, but defiantely not there

Tackle75
09-29-2003, 09:16 PM
I am a die hard Cowboys fan, no matter how lean things get. I loved em' when Landry was there, and when Jimmy guided us to the Domination of Buffalo in 2 Super Bowls. I loved watching the Triplets dominater for several years in the NFL, and I almost cried when Jerry Jones did his best to make the Cowboys continue on winning, but his efforts backfired, and the Cowboys became the Doormat of the NFl for the past 3-4 years. But when a little bit of Humility and intelligence finally kicked back in for JOnes, he got the man to do the Job right, again! And now the Cowboys appear to be on the right track. HOwever, just as I stated yesterday on the Cowboys pre game show, I dont feel Quincy Carter is there yet, and I still have my reserves about him being the Q of the future. I just think he tends to be totally irradic and uppredictable at times, and as soon as Parcells is gone, he will revert to his old trends, at least in my book. I would love to see the Cowboys draft Manning's little brother next year.

crzyjournalist03
09-29-2003, 09:25 PM
I disagree about Carter. When Parcells trains guys, they stay trained. Even if Big Bill is only here for three years, I think that what you have from Quincy then will be what you'll get from then on. I've liked him from day one, and I think that he'd be an above average QB by now if he hadn't been benched last year and hurt the year before. Given time, I really like this team's potential. As much as the D gets blasted, they're not the worst in the NFL, and the WR's are the best threesome in the league, with the possible exception of Pittsburgh. Hambrick still has a lot to prove, but I think we'll learn a lot about him this week as he gets his chance to prove himself to Emmitt.