PDA

View Full Version : Say it is't so Ricky!/NFL Shocker (Merged Thread)

3afan2K3
07-25-2004, 01:00 AM
http://espn.go.com/

Old Green
07-25-2004, 01:03 AM
Wasn't he pretty good in Baseball? Maybe he play pro Baseball.

Bobcatwideout
07-25-2004, 01:07 AM
Wow I defintely did not see this coming!

mwynn05
07-25-2004, 02:11 AM
he wants to travel

Pudlugger
07-25-2004, 07:12 AM
Sounds like Williams is a stoner. He'll regret his choices sooner or latter, especially if the money runs out. Sad.:(

intocable_cowboy
07-25-2004, 08:32 AM
Say it aint so Ricky...

WOS92
07-25-2004, 09:10 AM
I'm not surprised.

3afan2K3
07-25-2004, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Old Green
Wasn't he pretty good in Baseball? Maybe he play pro Baseball.
I think thats Cedric Benson that is good at baseball

HighSchool Fan
07-25-2004, 10:23 AM
Ricky played minor league baseball his first few years at Texas.

mwynn05
07-25-2004, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Sounds like Williams is a stoner. He'll regret his choices sooner or latter, especially if the money runs out. Sad.:( thats an unfair observation just because hes different doesnt that make him a stoner

sinton66
07-25-2004, 12:05 PM
He didn't SAY that he is a stoner, he said "sounds like". There is a small difference. Pud's comment may not be all that far off. It wouldn't surprize me, after all, it happens to some of the best that have ever played. Remember all the drug-related charges involving various Dallas Cowboy players? Big money can be a very corrupting influence on people that have never had it before. I hope in Ricky's case that it's not the reason, but like I said, it wouldn't surprize me.

Old Tiger
07-25-2004, 12:15 PM
Didn't he get fined by the NFL once for drugs?

Pudlugger
07-25-2004, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
thats an unfair observation just because hes different doesnt that make him a stoner

Plus the recent positive urine test for marijuana. Read the link it's all there.

WOS92
07-25-2004, 01:08 PM
According to the stories, this was his second offense in the NFL. I believe he was busted once in college as well, but I might be mistaken.

Pudlugger
07-25-2004, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Didn't he get fined by the NFL once for drugs?

The news story linked to above says he tested positive for marijuana this summer and was to be fined four games salary this fall. That's what i was referring to. Walking away from his great gift is unfathomable and maybe his judgement is impaired. Just my take. sorry if it offends but there you have it.:devil:

sinton66
07-25-2004, 01:17 PM
LOL, I didn't even read the link, but I've read enough of Pud's stuff to know he doesn't make "off the wall" careless comments.;)

PhiI C
07-25-2004, 09:31 PM
Ricky Williams retiring from the NFL? Just when the Dolphins and he are ready for a great year. :(

espn1
07-25-2004, 09:38 PM

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-25-2004, 09:55 PM
I think that it's ridiculous and a waste of talent....

j_dog
07-25-2004, 10:05 PM
It is most likely a negotiating ploy for something he wants. :rolleyes:

Many athletes threaten to quit, but very few ever walk away at their prime.

Old Tiger
07-25-2004, 10:26 PM
Could it be a way to get ouf of his contract with Miami? Could something be wrong within the Dolphins organization that he doesn't like? Only he knows the answers to questions like this.

3afan2K3
07-25-2004, 10:29 PM
I heard that he announced it then left on a plane for I think Asia, he wants to travel. I also heard that he doesnt like being in public, whenever he was down in New Orleans while he was doing interviews before and after games he would have his helmet with visor on.

True94
07-26-2004, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I think that it's ridiculous and a waste of talent....

i dont think its a waste of talent. the man is leaving in his prime while he can still walk. i grew up in austin when he went there and it was great watching him destroy other teams. If he is done and doesnt want it anymore i believe he has accomplished enough. No way is he a waste of talent, he is arguably the best college running back ever, he won a rushing title, been to a pro bowl and made a good amount of money doing it. Not to mention he is a legend in texas, i think he didnt do to shabby for a former fullback.

Phil C
07-26-2004, 11:05 AM
Well he has probably made enough money to last him the rest of his life if he uses it wisely. He will be missed though. He was great at UT. Thanks Rick and good luck at whatever you do.

Old Tiger
07-26-2004, 11:15 AM
Heard on ESPN this morning that he drinks a gallon of water before each piss test to help him pass. Or something like that. He also has social anxiety. I just don't understand why after only 5 seasons.

crzyjournalist03
07-26-2004, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Heard on ESPN this morning that he drinks a gallon of water before each piss test to help him pass. Or something like that. He also has social anxiety. I just don't understand why after only 5 seasons.

maybe he felt bad for getting around the league's drug policy. He openly admitted he forgot to take his "special liquid" the time that he failed a test and that he's been on drugs for his whole career. Maybe he wants to go to Asia because something like that would be legal, I don't know...it's not my place to speculate, but I just hope he doesn't try to come back. After abandoning his team the week before training camp, I would hope that other teams in the NFL would have the decency to deny him another chance if he decides he wants to play again.

JasperDog94
07-26-2004, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
After abandoning his team the week before training camp, I would hope that other teams in the NFL would have the decency to deny him another chance if he decides he wants to play again. You're dreaming if you think every NFL team is going to just turn him away if he wants to come back. That just doesn't make sense. Do I agree with how he did it? Absolutely not. But if he wants to come back, every team in the NFL will be courting him.