PDA

View Full Version : football

swatermustang55
07-25-2004, 12:30 PM
sweetwater is gonna go to tha playoffs and kill wylie so idk wut u r thinkin bc we r gonna be good this year just bc we lost alot of talant we r gainin alot of talent as well so go rethink ur predictions.

3afan2K3
07-25-2004, 12:35 PM
Welcome to the 3adownlow

bullfrog_alumni_02
07-25-2004, 12:37 PM
wow, nice first post! welcome aboard.

Old Tiger
07-25-2004, 12:43 PM
Welcome to heavan :)

Ranger Mom
07-25-2004, 12:49 PM
Hey Bullfrog,

I think you meant to quote swatermustang55 instead of 3afan2K3 -- that darn sure wasn't his first post!!:D

bullfrog_alumni_02
07-25-2004, 03:07 PM
yea i hit the wrong quote button, sorry...:doh:

jason
07-25-2004, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by swatermustang55
sweetwater is gonna go to tha playoffs and kill wylie so idk wut u r thinkin bc we r gonna be good this year just bc we lost alot of talant we r gainin alot of talent as well so go rethink ur predictions. :rolleyes:

mwynn05
07-25-2004, 03:36 PM
sweetwater is gonna go to tha playoffs and kill wylie so idk wut u r thinkin bc we r gonna be good this year just bc we lost alot of talant we r gainin alot of talent as well so go rethink ur predictions. any bids on how long he will last?

BHKrystal06
07-25-2004, 05:22 PM
Prolly not till Week 0....:rolleyes:

jason
07-25-2004, 05:28 PM
i bet he never makes another post...just found the board and felt like runnin his mouth...

espn1
07-25-2004, 05:40 PM
He would just come back as someone else anyway.:confused:

BlueBlood
07-25-2004, 06:19 PM
sweetwater is gonna go to tha playoffs and kill wylie so idk wut u r thinkin bc we r gonna be good this year just bc we lost alot of talant we r gainin alot of talent as well so go rethink ur predictions.

Nice post by the Wylie coaches.

espn1
07-25-2004, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by BlueBlood

Nice post by the Wylie coaches.
If you could actually spell you might fool someone. But, seeing that you can't, everyone now knows that you are one in the same. That same being swatermustang55. Good try though.:evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin:

Black_Magic
07-26-2004, 07:52 AM

what talent areyou talking about? I believe Snyders JV beat Sweetwaters JV by 21 last year even considering the sympathy TD Snyder gave you guys at the end of the game by playing all the scrubs. Maybe the talent your refering to is coaching talent. I hear that Swater will have ALL new coaching staff from the bottom to the varsity staff. Is that the talent you are refering to?

lobo12
07-26-2004, 09:57 AM
black magic where are you from

spiveyrat
07-26-2004, 10:49 AM

German?

Black_Magic
07-26-2004, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by lobo12
black magic where are you from
Graduated from Snyder but no longer there.

wildstangs
07-26-2004, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
what talent areyou talking about? I believe Snyders JV beat Sweetwaters JV by 21 last year even considering the sympathy TD Snyder gave you guys at the end of the game by playing all the scrubs. Maybe the talent your refering to is coaching talent. I hear that Swater will have ALL new coaching staff from the bottom to the varsity staff. Is that the talent you are refering to?

Well, I was trying to stay away from this thread but it keeps getting bumped up. First off I dont agree with the poster that started this thread. I predict Wylie will win the district. Magic, Sweetwater returns a few very talented players, especially the second string QB, that led the Mustangs to a 12 point win over your Tigers, which could have been worse had Sweetwater not given you guys a sympathy TD with under 3 minutes left.

I wonder if there will ever be a humble poster from Snyder.

Z motion 10 out on 2
07-26-2004, 03:19 PM
I think Swater will have a heck of a team again this year. I wasn't aware of any head coaching changes??? Carrillo (sp?) should come into his own this year as well as Thompson. Both are great athletes and Thompson is very fast. Swater will have a very good team.

wildstangs
07-26-2004, 03:22 PM
Z motion...Sweetwater has lost several assistant coaches. I think they will be just fine. They still have a very good group from the past few years and have brought in some quality replacements.

heck
07-26-2004, 04:40 PM
You should see the Snyder paper. They ran a sports story on how many coaches Sweetwater lost! Unbelievable how Snyder fixates on Sweetwater.

Just FYI, Sweetwater did loose a bunch of coaches. Just shows you what a successful program can do for a coach's career. Except for the girls BB coach (he retired and wanted to rehire but didn't get the offer and went to Iraan), all were offered great jobs and moved up...Baseball coach to Dripping Springs and beat out a lot of talent that was interested in that position. OC and Running backs coach to Iraan. Assistant baseball coach to Waco, don't know his situation and Boys basketball coach to LCU Athletic Director.

Best wishes to them all.

wildstangs
07-26-2004, 06:30 PM
Heck...Coach Carmichael went to Iraan?

mustang04
07-26-2004, 08:15 PM
first of all...whoever started this thread was just running their mouth. Whether it's a Sweetwater athlete, or a wylie coach trying to pump up his boys...I DONT CARE! BUT...black magic, if you knew how many injuries our JV had by the time they played ya'll last year, you would know that thats the resaon why it seemed like beating our JV was a breeze....i have friends from snyder, but i will have to say, i remember last year when Malcom Wells was on TV, blabbin his mouth about how he scored however many touchdowns in his last pre-district game, then come game-time, we shut him up...the mustangs let their actions speak for themselves, with the exception of the lil posters on here talkin mess just to sound cool. But honestly, I think our team will be just fine, they have a crap-load of talent, but they need the experience, who knows.....

oh well
07-27-2004, 12:30 PM
I agree 04 I would bet the poster that started this is not from sweetwater.

swatermustang55
07-27-2004, 02:59 PM
actually i am from sweetwater im gonna be a sophmore and im more than confedent that we will be just fine this comming year and i hope carillio is our startin qb because he knows when to get the ball off unlike thompson who is an awesome athelete but he would be better off as a rb

oh well
07-28-2004, 07:53 AM
My fault I figured it was someone just trying to start som bulletin board material.

Black_Magic
07-28-2004, 10:37 AM
#1 Last years varsity game is history. Yes sweetwater won. congrats. year before snyder won. those two games are history. As far as last years JV game. Snyder had the top 4 sophmores on the varsity. 1. Became the newcomer of the year and all district. another was all district as well. Snyders JV went 9-1 and beat the opponents an average of 28 a ball game. so I think that is a better predictor of next years team than thinking of what last years senior class did.

wildstangs
07-28-2004, 06:57 PM
JV results dont always turn into success at the Varsity level. Why not put your blind hatred of Sweetwater aside, and let the game be settled @ Mustang Bowl in October.

wildstangs
07-28-2004, 07:18 PM
Black Magic...I got a question for you....where were you last night? :)

News

Vandals destroy baseball field

By J. Kyle Martin/The Reporter News Editor
Late Monday night, the Sweetwater Mustangs baseball field was destroyed by vandals driving a dooley pickup, according to spokesperson with the Sweetwater Police Department.

The drivers of the truck entered the northwest gate where leftfield is located. The gate was reported to have a lock on it from the summer league baseball games but it was left unlocked. The vandals opened the gate and drove onto the playing field, the spokesperson said. The marks left behind by the vandals have created damages in the amount of approximately $5,000, investigators noted.

Sweetwater Independent School District (SISD) maintenance crew members were out on the field Tuesday examining the damages and preparing to bring in more dirt and grass to fix the vandalism.

"It's a shame that someone did this," said SISD maintenance worker Micheal Hurd. "It's going to take a lot of dirt and grass to fix this mess."

Reportedly, there were a lot of people around the baseball field at the time of the incident. Sweetwater Police are still searching for leads into who the vandals could be. The incident happened just west of the Nolan County Coliseum, where the Amateur Junior Rodeo Association (AJRA) is holding its National Finals Rodeo.

"There are a lot of trucks, even dooleys, surrounding the AJRA. The fact is that it could've been anyone. Heck, it could've been rival baseball players from another town that got beat by our team this year. You never know until someone who actually saw it take place speaks up," said David Murphy, maintenance worker for SISD.

The school district leases the field out over the summer to the area summer leagues. The baseball field is SISD property, which leaves the school district the victim of vandalism and at the financial loss of fixing the damaged field.

Black_Magic
07-28-2004, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Black Magic...I got a question for you....where were you last night? :)

News

Vandals destroy baseball field

By J. Kyle Martin/The Reporter News Editor
Late Monday night, the Sweetwater Mustangs baseball field was destroyed by vandals driving a dooley pickup, according to spokesperson with the Sweetwater Police Department.

The drivers of the truck entered the northwest gate where leftfield is located. The gate was reported to have a lock on it from the summer league baseball games but it was left unlocked. The vandals opened the gate and drove onto the playing field, the spokesperson said. The marks left behind by the vandals have created damages in the amount of approximately $5,000, investigators noted.

Sweetwater Independent School District (SISD) maintenance crew members were out on the field Tuesday examining the damages and preparing to bring in more dirt and grass to fix the vandalism.

"It's a shame that someone did this," said SISD maintenance worker Micheal Hurd. "It's going to take a lot of dirt and grass to fix this mess."

Reportedly, there were a lot of people around the baseball field at the time of the incident. Sweetwater Police are still searching for leads into who the vandals could be. The incident happened just west of the Nolan County Coliseum, where the Amateur Junior Rodeo Association (AJRA) is holding its National Finals Rodeo.

"There are a lot of trucks, even dooleys, surrounding the AJRA. The fact is that it could've been anyone. Heck, it could've been rival baseball players from another town that got beat by our team this year. You never know until someone who actually saw it take place speaks up," said David Murphy, maintenance worker for SISD.

The school district leases the field out over the summer to the area summer leagues. The baseball field is SISD property, which leaves the school district the victim of vandalism and at the financial loss of fixing the damaged field. well in your second paragraph from the end it mentioned " rival baseball players from another town that got beat by out team this year" Well, that leaves Snyder out! Snyder spanked the stangs in a 10 run rule( by about 18+) if Im not mistaken this past season LOL..... I was boring my self to sleep watching traiding spouses.

wildstangs
07-28-2004, 08:24 PM
Woops! Damn....I guess it was someone from Merkel :)

lobo12
07-28-2004, 09:50 PM
from listening to some of the posters i get the impression that snyder hates sweetwater so that doesnt mean that it couldnt have been someone from snyder

wildstangs
07-28-2004, 10:23 PM
Lobo...I was just joking with Black Magic. I figure it was some of the rodeo kids in their big ole' pick up trucks. Funny story about Snyder hating Sweetwater though. A few years ago (back when i was in school) some Snyder JV football players wrote all over our school windows. Several of the words were misspelled...including Sndyer!

Buffalo
07-29-2004, 06:04 AM
Wildstang that is funny the same thing happened in 1999 and someone wrote all over all school how sweetwater rules etc. not any of the words were spelled wrong though. I still bet it was not athletes in either case