PDA

View Full Version : Who will be division 2 state champs

pedeefrommarlin
07-24-2004, 06:56 PM
i would have to go with marlin its be a long coming.I think this is the year

Old Tiger
07-24-2004, 06:59 PM
I'm going with Jasper or Rockdale ;) Jasper is returning a helluva quarterback and always has speed. Don't be surprised to see Rockdale go far. That's all I'm saying about us.

HighSchool Fan
07-24-2004, 07:54 PM
don't count out Pilot Point, Atlanta barely beat them last year.

Old Tiger
07-24-2004, 08:00 PM
Speaking of Pilot Point I haven't heard much about them for the coming season. What are they gonna have? Where are the PP posters?

marlin fan
07-24-2004, 11:23 PM
Im gonna have to say Marlin or Jasper:D ;) :p :cool: :clap: :clap:

mwynn05
07-24-2004, 11:34 PM
ive got a feelin Marlin will get upset in district play..aint that right byron

marlin fan
07-24-2004, 11:45 PM
well, mark i hope that you are wrong i hope marlin goes 4-0 in district and goes 2 or 3 deep in the playoffs!!:D :cool: :clap: yay bulldogs:clap:

pedeefrommarlin
07-24-2004, 11:50 PM
marlin will shutout every team in district play

marlin fan
07-24-2004, 11:52 PM
um i dunno about that this is a hader district than last year

mwynn05
07-24-2004, 11:53 PM
do you want to put a wager on that peedee?

pedeefrommarlin
07-25-2004, 12:01 AM
i would be willing to put 100 bucks that no team will score more then 7 in district no team can match the speed the only team that might score more is mexia or madisonville and i doubt that

mwynn05
07-25-2004, 12:02 AM
no you said no one will score...why are you going back on your word now?

lobo12
07-25-2004, 12:02 AM
pedee, you are very confident

Pudlugger
07-25-2004, 07:18 AM
What is it about Marlin that produces so many bragging posters? Is it the water supply or what?

La Grange will win the Super Bowl. Oh yeah and the BCS too!

HighSchool Fan
07-25-2004, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Speaking of Pilot Point I haven't heard much about them for the coming season. What are they gonna have? Where are the PP posters?

I don't know for sure how many players they have coming back, however, I do know that they have the best high school coach in Texas there. If I remember correctly, their quarterback last year was just a soph. As long as G.A. Moore is coaching, you can't count out his team.

marlin fan
07-25-2004, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
What is it about Marlin that produces so many bragging posters? Is it the water supply or what? [/B]

Its not braggine its just makin the board a lil more funner!!!:p ;) :D :cool:

mwynn05
07-25-2004, 11:52 AM
funner? whats with the schools system there lol

bullfrog_alumni_02
07-25-2004, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
I don't know for sure how many players they have coming back, however, I do know that they have the best high school coach in Texas there. If I remember correctly, their quarterback last year was just a soph. As long as G.A. Moore is coaching, you can't count out his team. yea, this is by far the best coach in the state, id be willing to say top 3 in the country.

Old Tiger
07-25-2004, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
What is it about Marlin that produces so many bragging posters? Is it the water supply or what? Nope can't be that....remember they had horrible water supply there!

marlin fan
07-25-2004, 12:34 PM
Nope can't be that....remember they had horrible water supply there! Had!?!?!?!? you mean still is!!!

marlin fan
07-25-2004, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
funner? whats with the schools system there lol
The School Sysem in Malrlin Sucks!!!

Old Tiger
07-25-2004, 12:41 PM
Hail Ol Marlin High.....
Our Alma Mater for life.....
We are the bulldogs....
Our water sucks so bad....
we hope to get out of here....
so we can drink the tap WATER
Yay Purple Ya Gold
Go Marlin fight fight fight!

lol

marlin fan
07-25-2004, 01:13 PM
Hail Ol Marlin High.....
Our Alma Mater for life.....
We are the bulldogs....
Our water sucks so bad....
we hope to get out of here....
so we can drink the tap WATER
Yay Purple Ya Gold
Go Marlin fight fight fight!

lol
Haha so funny and so true!!:D :cool:

zeke
07-25-2004, 01:55 PM
Since Matthew328 quit doing the team profiles after District 17, would someone with a copy of DC Texas Football, post how many starters and lettermen Marlin(District 18) has returning!!!! Thanks in advance. I thought they graduated almost their entire group of starters, but I could be wrong.

VERNONLION#1
07-25-2004, 01:59 PM
Is there a web site that you can go to instead of getting the mag. :thinking:

Bobcatwideout
07-25-2004, 02:04 PM
Returning starters O/D 3/3 Letterman R/L 10/22

Mustang '89
07-25-2004, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Bobcatwideout

Letterman R/L 10/22

Can anyone tell me what the 10/22 means?

fury900
07-25-2004, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by zeke
Since Matthew328 quit doing the team profiles after District 17, would someone with a copy of DC Texas Football, post how many starters and lettermen Marlin(District 18) has returning!!!! Thanks in advance. I thought they graduated almost their entire group of starters, but I could be wrong.

Marlin lettermen R/L: 10/22. returning starters O/D: 3/3.

crabman
07-25-2004, 02:21 PM
R/L means Returning and Lost to Graduation. Therefore 10 returning lettermen and 22 lost to graduation.

Mustang '89
07-25-2004, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by crabman
R/L means Returning and Lost to Graduation. Therefore 10 returning lettermen and 22 lost to graduation.

Thanks. I've been reading this mag. for years and could never find anything that tells you what it means. I finally got up the courage to ask.

zeke
07-25-2004, 03:04 PM
Thanks BOBCATWIDEOUT & FURY900.
Marlin - returning starters O/D 3/3 Letterman R/L 10/22.
The odds are against Marlin for making a deep playoof run. Traditionally, in 3A, teams that go deep in the playoffs have had a strong senior class and lots of returning starters.
The new District 18 will be much tougher than your previous district opponents. Although the athletic talent may be down for Mexia, Fairfield, and Groesbeck when compared to the last few seasons.....Marlins talent level would appear to be down as well. It should make for an interesting district championship hunt.

mwynn05
07-25-2004, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by zeke
Thanks BOBCATWIDEOUT & FURY900.
Marlin - returning starters O/D 3/3 Letterman R/L 10/22.
The odds are against Marlin for making a deep playoof run. Traditionally, in 3A, teams that go deep in the playoffs have had a strong senior class and lots of returning starters.
The new District 18 will be much tougher than your previous district opponents. Although the athletic talent may be down for Mexia, Fairfield, and Groesbeck when compared to the last few seasons.....Marlins talent level would appear to be down as well. It should make for an interesting district championship hunt. almost my thoughts exactly. dont get me wrong marlin will be very good but they will be down and i think someone will beat them in district play

marlin fan
07-25-2004, 03:50 PM
if all this talk i here about Mexia is correct Marlin Should lose to Mexia in District play and go 2or 3 deep in the playoffs

zeke
07-25-2004, 04:31 PM
MarlinFan, Every team in our district had senior rich teams last season. Lots of players will have to play at the varsity level who haven't done it before.
I believe Marlin and Mexia are the only 2 teams in the new district who have experienced starting QB's which is a major offensive advantage.
It will be interesting to see which team makes adjustments in their offensive scheme since last season.

pedeefrommarlin
07-25-2004, 06:52 PM
yes its true we dont have many starters returning from last year but the ones we have back were top threats last for example:

#7 Jeremy Sanders- QB outstanding soph year will better his Jr year

#2 Tank Smith- RB will be ready to go out with a bang his Sr year

#32 Lamondria Williams- RB' DE will bring the blazing 4.3 speed

#21 Devon Hughes- CB had a big interception in playoofs against La Grange returned for a TD and ran a punt back against La Vega also for a TD

once we find a few O line and we are a contender for the state championship

Buckeye80
07-25-2004, 07:57 PM
I heard everyone talking up Marlin but no one even mentioned the defending champion Atlanta Rabbits. Am I mistaken or did Atlanta completely dismantle the Marlin offense everyone talked up last year just like they did to my Buckeyes? I'm all about being a "homer" but I don't think Marlin has a state championship in them this season with a brand new "O" line. I don't think Atlanta will win either, but they at least deserve a mention.

pedeefrommarlin
07-25-2004, 08:16 PM
i dont think there are really any teams that could beat Alanta last year and i garantee if marlins can put together a stout 0 line they are in the state championship probaly to meet jasper just a guess

Chris Hart
07-25-2004, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by pedeefrommarlin
i dont think there are really any teams that could beat Alanta last year and i garantee if marlins can put together a stout 0 line they are in the state championship probaly to meet jasper just a guess It's impossible for Marlin and Jasper to meet for state, they are both in reg 3. They would have to meet several games before state.

marlin fan
07-25-2004, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
It's impossible for Marlin and Jasper to meet for state, they are both in reg 3. They would have to meet several games before state.
yes if marlin makes it far enough Marlin Vs. Jasper should happend about the 3ed round of the playoffs

downlower
07-26-2004, 02:08 AM
No, it would not happen, even if Marlin and Jasper make it to the 3rd round, they will be playing different teams. Marlin will most likely be in Div. 2 and Jasper will most likely be in Div. 1.

mwynn05
07-26-2004, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by pedeefrommarlin
i dont think there are really any teams that could beat Alanta last year and i garantee if marlins can put together a stout 0 line they are in the state championship probaly to meet jasper just a guess actually i saw atlanta lose a game to mt. pleasant (4a).

spiveyrat
07-26-2004, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by downlower
No, it would not happen, even if Marlin and Jasper make it to the 3rd round, they will be playing different teams. Marlin will most likely be in Div. 2 and Jasper will most likely be in Div. 1.

You're wrong. Jasper has the second highest enrollment numbers in it's district. Silsbee is now in Jasper's district and is a 4A drop-down. It is likely they will make the playoffs.

downlower
07-26-2004, 01:23 PM
I thought that Silsbee was 0-10 last year, didn't think they had a very good chance at making the playoffs. But then again, they could make the playoffs and i said Jasper will most likely be in Div. 1.

JasperDog94
07-26-2004, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by downlower
I thought that Silsbee was 0-10 last year, didn't think they had a very good chance at making the playoffs. But then again, they could make the playoffs and i said Jasper will most likely be in Div. 1. Silsbee's record is deceiving. They played several close games last year. They were continually out-manned with numbers. Now they have numbers on their side. I think they'll beat Buna and Shepherd. That leaves Jasper, Kirbyville, Coldsprings and Silsbee with three spots available. I like Silsbee's chances.

WOS92
07-26-2004, 02:04 PM
We've played Silsbee for the last few years in district, and their record definitely has been deceiving. District 20-4A was a nine-team district with five potential strong playoff teams in PN-G, Nederland, WO-S, Beaumont Central and Beaumont Ozen. Silsbee kept several of those games, as well as the game against Jasper, respectably close. I expect them to make the playoffs.

j_dog
07-26-2004, 02:38 PM
Yes, I strongly agree, Silsbee will be in the playoffs. Just hope it is not as the District Champion. :) People who knock them for their 0-10 record last year just have no sense of how tough a district they were in the last two years. Nor, of how close Silsbee played those games. A break here and there and it could have been an entirely different season. Just wonder where all the Silsbee fans are.

JasperDog94
07-26-2004, 02:49 PM
Let Silsbee win a couple of games and they'll be on here. They're probably some of our numerous "guests".

WOS1
07-26-2004, 04:49 PM
Silsbee ALWAYS has talent and they have a good coach, they just haven't been able to put it all together the last couple of years. They'll get it together. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see them get second in that district.

Hupernikomen
07-26-2004, 11:29 PM
wasn't too long ago silsbee was playing lamarque for a chance at the semis. I saw silsbee on two occasions last year and they were a quality team with a brutal schedule. besides the eight 20-4A games their other two games were Jasper and Liberty and they played both of those very well.

Supertilley
07-27-2004, 08:45 AM
I think last year that silsbee almost upset central. What was it? Like 3-0? And Central made the playoffs.

RBARKER
07-27-2004, 09:04 AM
Sillsbee will be fine, Remeber Bridge city came from that same district and was 0-10 in 1999 when they were 4A. Then they dropped to 3A in 2000 and went 9-3 two rounds deep in the Div I playoffs.

Hupernikomen
07-27-2004, 10:39 AM
RB I agree, but having said that I don't think they would have made the playoffs in our district last year. Liberty beat them and I am fairly confident that BH and Huffman could have beat them last year.

duckbutter
07-27-2004, 01:21 PM
I've said it once and I will say it again, Kirbyville will make a strong run at the district title this yr. They are loaded and experienced and will beat teams that overlook them.

swatermustang55
07-27-2004, 03:06 PM
dont count out sweetwater just because we are the under dogs and we dont have the best chances doesnt mean that with the right amount of preperation prayer and luck we could climb right to the top:)

Z motion 10 out on 2
07-27-2004, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by swatermustang55
dont count out sweetwater just because we are the under dogs and we dont have the best chances doesnt mean that with the right amount of preperation prayer and luck we could climb right to the top:)

I'm a sweetwater fan after watching last years team. Too bad Vernon and Swater didn't schedule a non district game. It was turing into good rivalry.

WOS1
07-27-2004, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
RB I agree, but having said that I don't think they would have made the playoffs in our district last year. Liberty beat them and I am fairly confident that BH and Huffman could have beat them last year.

Didn't Liberty beat BH and Huffman? I realize you were just stating your opinion, but you can't really compare scores when they are all losses. I saw Silsbee twice last year and they were probably the best 0-10 team in the state.

j_dog
07-27-2004, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by duckbutter
I've said it once and I will say it again, Kirbyville ...will beat teams that overlook them.
You are so right. Jasper almost learned that lesson two years ago. :(

JasperDog94
07-28-2004, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by j_dog
You are so right. Jasper almost learned that lesson two years ago. :( Yeah, but they made up for it last year.

j_dog
07-28-2004, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Yeah, but they made up for it last year.
Very true. That was my point. Jasper will be ready for them this year also I do believe. :)

sic'em
07-28-2004, 03:48 PM
to the person who asked about pilot point, i am from pilot point, but live in forney now. it looks like they will be pretty decent with a chance of being pretty good. the region 1 thing helped out a ton. getting second behind gainesville will give them a ticket to prob at least the quarters. they will have a soph at qb that coach moore groomed all last year to be this years starter. he played 5 guys in the backfield last year and played a lot of underclassmen on defense last year also, even though they dont show up as "returning starters", they should be especially tough on d. on september 10, we will find out whether they have a shot at going deep or not. thats the night of the celina game.