PDA

View Full Version : Sports Injuries

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-22-2004, 10:28 PM
Tuesday night I sustained a severely sprained ankle. It swole up immediately, and I was taken to the ER in fear of a broken bone. The x-rays came back good, and I was released and given crutches. The emergency room physician said that it would be a two week minimum, and said that it would more than likely take six weeks to heal due to the severity of the sprain. Friday, I went and saw a massage therapist out of Round Rock for my pulled hamstring, and he worked on me and in an hour, he had fixed it. I went and saw him again tonight for my ankle. It was swolen up, my ankle, my toes, the whole works. He worked on me for two hours and he fixed it. This guy is really good at what he does, and if I have any pulled or strained muscle I will go and see him again. The experience is painful, but it works. I went in on crutches today and would have walked out two hours later if he hadn't advised me to stay on the crutches until the swelling subsides. This is where I went.

Therapy Central of Round Rock

207 W Bagdad Avenue
Round Rock, TX 78664

(512)-244-6241

Old Tiger
07-22-2004, 10:48 PM
you should really be careful....2 a days is in less than 2 weeks

Old Green
07-23-2004, 06:01 AM
Hope you get better in time for the season opener BBDE.
Going to physical therapy works. I am going to physical therapy for bulging discs in my neck. Follow his directions . You will be alright.

olddawggreen
07-23-2004, 10:06 AM
Sorry to hear about your sprained ankle Big Blue, my son has been dealing with one this summer, he first sprained it at a 7 on 7 tournament and then again at reciever camp in Stephenville. Just take it easy and listen to your doctor or trainer. It will get better but it seems that once you sprain it, its easy to do it again. You will probably need to wear a brace or have it taped real good for 2 a days. Ive broken my ankle 3 times and sprained it numerous times in my life and I know its no fun. Take care of yourself and good luck!:)

Old Tiger
07-23-2004, 11:08 AM
there is a girl in our grade that has broken her ankle like 10 times!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-23-2004, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by olddawggreen
Sorry to hear about your sprained ankle Big Blue, my son has been dealing with one this summer, he first sprained it at a 7 on 7 tournament and then again at reciever camp in Stephenville. Just take it easy and listen to your doctor or trainer. It will get better but it seems that once you sprain it, its easy to do it again. You will probably need to wear a brace or have it taped real good for 2 a days. Ive broken my ankle 3 times and sprained it numerous times in my life and I know its no fun. Take care of yourself and good luck!:)

Well, this guy told me to keep it stretched out and not to wear any sort of a brace on my ankles or tape them. I've rolled my ankles a couple of times, but it was never anything that I couldn't walk off. If it is still bothering your son, or it happens again, it would be a great idea to go see the guy I went to for mine. He has my full faith and confidence to help me out and get me going again. It is a very painful experience, but what he does is great and it works. If you want some more info I can send it to you if you want. Thanks for the support olddawg, and maybe you can come and watch Casey and I play next year on ya'lls off week if we are playing. :D

Old Tiger
07-23-2004, 02:15 PM
That sounds like a great idea BBDE and if it's a home game we can get a bite to eat at DQ or something?

Green Ranger
07-23-2004, 05:18 PM
Little hint Bud, You may feel better and PT's are good but it will still take a good couple weeks before I would get back on the field. If you stretched ligaments the only thing for those to heal really is time. The point of the crutches is to take some of the weight off of the ankle at the same time still use it. Not to mention, if you went to the ER you need a Doctors note, not a PT's note to be cleared to play football by UIL Rules.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-23-2004, 09:38 PM
It will only take a few days for it to heal. It would take longer than that if I hadn't have went to this guy. He manually stretches the muscles, which tense up in order to prevent blood flow. It does this so that you will stay off of your ankle while it heals. What he did was restore the blood circulation, which in turn dramatically reduced the swelling and returned movement to my ankle. Now all I have to do is take it easy and allow the slight tearing to heal and I'll be okay in a week. All I have to do is stretch it out and I should be okay. The only reason I went to the ER was to make sure I hadn't broken a bone, which I had not, and I don't believe that I will need any clearance to play. You may not get back on the field for a couple of weeks, but come Aug. 2nd, I will be out on the field ready to play.