PDA

View Full Version : Any Marines?

X21AAAPlayer
07-22-2004, 04:58 PM
Any marines out there? I'm planning on enlisting in the delayed entry program and I want to know what to expect and where I need to be before I leave for bootcamp. Please help me out!

bullfrog_alumni_02
07-22-2004, 06:19 PM
im not a marine, but i expect its not too different from the army's d.e.p. your recruiter would actually be the best person to talk to for advice as to what you will need and will also be able to better answer all of your questions, since that is his job. im in the army btw, if you have any questions that you may not be able to get from a recruiter pm me and ill give you my emial addy.

Old Tiger
07-22-2004, 06:35 PM
Good luck with everything x21aaaplayer and we thank you for what your are about to do

TXMike
07-22-2004, 06:46 PM
Marines Discussion Forum (http://forums.military.com/1/OpenTopic?a=frm&s=78919038&f=69719858)

The link above is to a great discussion site for Marines. They actualy have many different military-related forums but this one is just for Marines . They often get inquiries like yours. Go visit them.

You are doing a great thing and it is a decision that you will reap rewards for for the rest of your life. Thanks!!

X21AAAPlayer
07-22-2004, 07:49 PM
Man I really appreciate all of your help! As of now I'm planning on signing and taking my asvab next weekend in houston. More than likely I'll be a reserve for the first year or maybe 6 months, but after that I may go active. I'll still be around:) SEMPER FI

sinton66
07-22-2004, 07:58 PM
Good luck to you, and please stay in touch with us. We're proud of you.

BHKrystal06
07-25-2004, 04:10 PM
Good luck Kris. I'm proud of you.

Buckeye80
07-25-2004, 08:06 PM
Recruit devil, I was in the Corps for five years (96-01). PM me what you need to know and I'll give you the straight "poop". If I don't hear from you before you leave, just remember this. It's never good enough, clean enough, fast enough, or sharp enough. That's part of it Man. Just remember! Never give up on yourself and what your ultimate goal is. I saw people get through boot camp that I would have lost some serious money on. You'll make it as long as you believe in what they tell you. They say things for a reason. ;)

Semper Fidelis
Sgt "Buckeye" / Resigned

X21AAAPlayer
07-25-2004, 09:23 PM
Well heck yeah I want to know as much as possible from as many people as possible that have been there. I am going in on the buddy system with a friend and we have the choice of what bootcamp to go to.... We're leaning towards Paris Island.