PDA

View Full Version : Tour de France - Thursday

Phil C
07-22-2004, 11:20 AM
It looked like with a fairly safe lead that Lance was going to just coast the rest of the races since it is almost over but today he came on strong at the end and edged out Kloden at the finish line. This gives him a lead more than four minutes over second place Bosso. Only a disaster will stop him now since there are only three stages left. A lead like that is like having a 25 point lead in a football game with eight minutes left to play in the fourth quarter. Some of the experts said he had it won yesterday so it should be much so today. GO LANCE GO!

Phil C
07-22-2004, 01:30 PM
What a great race and photo finish! In the last mile Lance was willing to coast and let his teammate Landis win (who had done an outstanding job for him today) but Ullrich got ahead of Landis and then Kloden hit it strong and got a good lead on everyone and the announcers thought he had it won but then Lance kicked in and gained and just beat him near the finish line. Way to go Lance!! Go! Go! Go!

Old Tiger
07-22-2004, 01:32 PM
Phil Phil Phil......:rolleyes: :thinking: This topic is not football related...:eek: :p :D

Phil C
07-22-2004, 01:35 PM
Oops! :o

RBARKER
07-22-2004, 01:37 PM
Keep them coming Phil I enjoy the updates :clap:

Old Tiger
07-22-2004, 01:38 PM
I'm afraid if I had moderator powers I would have to ROM you for contradicting yourself....:D

Phil C
07-22-2004, 02:12 PM
Who's contradicting? :eek: Also I never repeat mysefl! I repeat I never repeat myself! OMG! I'm repeating myself!!

JasperDog94
07-22-2004, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
A lead like that is like having a 25 point lead in a football game with eight minutes left to play in the fourth quarter. Ask the Oilers if a lead that big is safe.:eek: :devil: :devil: