PDA

View Full Version : Care Package for Big19 & The Troops in Iraq

ej2525
07-21-2004, 07:29 PM
If anyone would like to contribute to a care package for Big19 & his fellow troops please PM me or reply to this post if you would like to contribute to the cause. I am volunteering to send the package to his attention to share with all of his fellow troops.

sinton66
07-21-2004, 07:50 PM
I think this is an excellent idea and encourage any 3A Downlow member with the means to do so.

ej2525
07-21-2004, 09:22 PM
It's the little things that count the most!!

Quote from Big19:

"One thing I would like to see is have a few kids draw up some signs to post around letting the troops know that they are missed and thoguht about. I have seen many signs from all over, but none from the greatest state (Texas). Just a thought."

Ranger Mom
07-23-2004, 11:08 PM
What kinds of stuff do they NEED?

I read somewhere that they like Baby Wipes and panty hose(I can't remember what that was for, but it made sense to me at the time)!

I would like to get them some stuff that would make their living conditions a little more tolerable!

exbccards76'smom
07-23-2004, 11:57 PM
I heard today on the radio, the forces in Iraq are wanting Gatorade. If you buy it in the powder form, it would probably make it over there ok. The person on the radio suggested calling the local recruiting office and ask how to send it to the troops. I here the temp get up to 120 in Iraq in the summertime.http://img44.exs.cx/img44/6803/coollogo_com_8403648.gif

Ranger Mom
07-24-2004, 12:57 AM
Here is a site that I found that has a list. Maybe Big19 can check it out and let us know what he thinks.

Big19, if you read this, please let us know what will come in handy for you and your troops.

I wanna send something, but want to send what you need.

Soldiers Wish List (http://www.badgersden.com/MaysFamily/Soldiers/Items.htm)

BIG19
07-24-2004, 12:59 AM
Gatorade is what a lot of people here are drinking. We are basically drinking out of 1.5 liter bottles of water. If you are going to send any, send it in the powder form. that is the best way to get it here. My wife sent me 4 Diet Cokes the other day and packaged them in zip lock bags and they made it just fine. It is going through the US Post Office, so they can tell you the best way to wrap whatever. Just use common sense and all will be good.

Ranger Mom, you would be surprised at how the living conditions are. They really are not that bad here. We are in A/C tents with up to 10 people per tent. I think what is needed is just the thought that people are thinking about the people here. If you are going to send something, anything is great. Here is a short list, gum, hard candy, chap stick, cookies (favorite to many), snacks of any kind, really anything that says hey we are thinking of you!

exbccards76'smom
07-24-2004, 09:15 AM
Big 19,

thanks for everything you are doing for us over there in Iraq. I appreciate it. This is something else I heard on the radio the other day. A group of people were trying to get the Gatorade people to donate gatorade to send to the troops. They were told that Gatorade doesn't donate to anyone. I hope everyone can donate enough to help our troops out.

http://img44.exs.cx/img44/6803/coollogo_com_8403648.gif

Old Green
07-24-2004, 10:58 AM
Thanks guys for the sacrifices you making for us and this great country of ours.

I will send something to you guys.

Thanks RM for that Link.

BIG19
07-25-2004, 12:15 AM
Please do me a favor and don't forget the troops over in Afganistan (that is where Bullfrog_Alumni_02 is currently stationed). Send him a package as well, if you can. PM him and get his address. Thanks again for all the support and kindness.

ej2525
07-25-2004, 09:42 AM
Jason,

I think that would be perfect for him... My wife & I are already putting together a package to send in about 1 week or so. I have Big19's address. If you want to send it your self I have the address. If not, send it to me with a letter/note from you & I will include your stuff with our package. It's going to be from friends on 3ADL if you want to pass the word more. Let me know what you want to do.

P.S. Empty your PM box it's full

ej2525

ej2525
07-25-2004, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by BIG19
Please do me a favor and don't forget the troops over in Afganistan (that is where Bullfrog_Alumni_02 is currently stationed). Send him a package as well, if you can. PM him and get his address. Thanks again for all the support and kindness.

Got an address for Bullfrog_Alumni_02?

Pudlugger
07-25-2004, 01:02 PM
Count me in. Where do we send the goodies? Thanks Big19 for your sacrifices and vigilance. We all owe you and your fellow troops a great debt. God bless you and keep you safe.

bullfrog_alumni_02
07-25-2004, 01:51 PM
hey sinton66 just told me about this thread, here is my addy

Henley, Johnathan, A
CJTF 76, Jise, CGS
APO AE 09354

anything you send will be more than appreciated and shared w/ everyone. some of the people i work w/ are asking for bite sized candy bars or snacks in general. thanks for all your support.

ej2525
07-25-2004, 01:59 PM
Now we have 2 packages to send (1 to Iraq & 1 to Afhganistan) anything you would like to contribute to these guys send them to me & I will send both packages to both Big19 & Bullfrog. Do any of you think setting a deadline - (Say 1 week - Aug. 1) getting me any donations to the cause & I will send the packages to them overseas? My address is:

3802 Wood Gardens Ct.
Kingwood, TX 77339

These guys deserve this for what they are doing! It's the least we can do.

jason
07-25-2004, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by ej2525
Jason,

I think that would be perfect for him... My wife & I are already putting together a package to send in about 1 week or so. I have Big19's address. If you want to send it your self I have the address. If not, send it to me with a letter/note from you & I will include your stuff with our package. It's going to be from friends on 3ADL if you want to pass the word more. Let me know what you want to do.

P.S. Empty your PM box it's full

ej2525 hey ill send my own, its gonna be kinda big...

its empty now...thanks

bullfrog_alumni_02
07-26-2004, 10:46 AM
something interesting...to me atleast, my chain of command changed my leave from december to next month, and it just so happens that the "countdown till kickoff" count down, is also the countdown til i get home...just thought id share that little coincidence w/ the world...:D

ej2525
07-26-2004, 10:52 AM
Bullfrog.... I have some things I am going to be sending to you within the week. Should I still send it? Will you get it if it is sent out by this coming Friday?

bullfrog_alumni_02
07-26-2004, 10:56 AM
yea, it shouldnt take it more than two weeks to get here, and if it gets here when im there, it will be waiting until i get back. unless its something perishable, i think it will be fine. thanks again everyone, and big19.

pirate4state
07-26-2004, 11:04 AM
Here is a short list, gum, hard candy, chap stick, cookies (favorite to many), snacks of any kind, really anything that says hey we are thinking of you! Well, I want to send my famous chocolate chip cookies. :D Do you think they'll hold up in the 2 weeks it takes to receive them? :(

BIG19
07-26-2004, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Well, I want to send my famous chocolate chip cookies. :D Do you think they'll hold up in the 2 weeks it takes to receive them? :(

By all means, send them.

For those that do not have it, here is my address:

SSgt James Cain
MNC-I C2 Systems
APO AE 09342

sinton66
07-26-2004, 10:57 PM
Big19 and bullfrog_alumni_02, I have my shipments ready to go to the post office and will try to mail them before the end of this week. Three boxes each.;)

BIG19
07-27-2004, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
something interesting...to me atleast, my chain of command changed my leave from december to next month, and it just so happens that the "countdown till kickoff" count down, is also the countdown til i get home...just thought id share that little coincidence w/ the world...:D

b_a_02, that is good news, that you are going home - even if it is just for a few days....Hope you are able to take a game or two. I just hope they did not mess up any Christmas plans you were making. Take care, be careful, and God Bless!

bullfrog_alumni_02
07-27-2004, 10:22 AM
nah its all good big, i really wanted to go to the state championship games, but ill settle for some from my alma mater. the plans i had for christmas werent anything too big, just to go home and see family and friends. so i guess christmas is comming early this year...:D good luck over in iraq and God Bless.

sinton66
07-27-2004, 03:39 PM
Guys, my packages were taken to the post office at noon, so each of you have three boxes headed your way, totalling about 50 lbs. of goodies. Hope it gets there in reasonable shape. Enjoy, and please let me know when you get them.:D There's also a note in box #1 from me.

ej2525
07-27-2004, 03:51 PM
Two thumbs up for Sinton66 for being a good guy!!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :clap: :clap:

sinton66
07-27-2004, 06:57 PM
ej2525, this was a great idea you had. I'm more than happy to contribute. Thanks for your efforts too.:)

ej2525
07-27-2004, 09:19 PM
I wanted to make a difference... but OLD DOG made me think of "The Big Picture" by sending DCFB Mag to Big19. I didn't start this... just took it to another level I guess!!!

He inspired me to send something to our troops overseas. Big19 just happened to be a prime candidate in our group of 3ADLowers. No offense... I overlooked Bullfrog in the "big picuture" but now he is in my thoughts & prayers. My wife & I have said as long as I can remember that we wanted to let the troops know we were behind them. I guess this is my way of helping out in some way. Send Goodies!!!

It is the least I can do to say THANK YOU TO THE TROOPS AROUND THE WORLD!!! God Bless & keep all of you safe!! You will all have a friend in me & my family as long as I am around!!!!!

BIG19
07-28-2004, 05:12 AM
Once again I want to say THANKS to all of you. It really is amazing how this "little group of friends" come together for the better of some "unknown". All of you are the best in my book and I just wanted you to know it.

bullfrog_alumni_02
07-28-2004, 09:56 AM
Once again I want to say THANKS to all of you. It really is amazing how this "little group of friends" come together for the better of some "unknown". All of you are the best in my book and I just wanted you to know it. ill second that notion:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: