PDA

View Full Version : Calallen Beat Robstown in baseball last night

Phil C
03-12-2003, 12:24 PM
I am doing three things I know that maybe I shouldn't do in these posts but someone might be interested. One is I am reporting a baseball game. Two I am reporting one from 4A not 3A. Three it is second hand information. A person I don't even know was at the Circle K in Sinton last night at the same time I was told me he was at the game and said Calallen won by one run in the eighth or nineth inning (my faulty memory here). He said Calallen got the winning run in the extra inning when their batter hit a pop fly for an easy out but the two Robstown players ran into each other and the ball dropped and enabled a runner to come to home to win the game. This game was not in the local paper today so someone may want to know. Both of these teams are in the top ten teams in 4A. Calallen is No. 1 and I think Robstown is No. 9. Calallen is being challenged by someone in their own district now and both teams should make the playoffs. Robstown has won State twice in 4A baseball in the past and could be a challenge to Calallen in the playoffs since both of the teams should get to the playoffs easily. Robstown may do to Calallen what Gregory-Portland did to them in football last year. The teams meet again this year and perhaps again in the playoffs. I was also told that some of the fans got angry after the game and were fighting. But he didn't have any more details because he left as quick as he could. Once again this is second hand information for what it is worth. I thought most posters would like to know this information but if I am wrong please let me know and I will wait on more accurate information next time.

big daddy russ
03-12-2003, 12:56 PM
No way, Phil, keep it coming. I'm a Coastal Bend homer and love to know what's going on no matter what classification, especially when it's the powerhouse teams of the area. I want to say Calallen and Robstown have combined for something like five state baseball titles in the past 13 years. That was a huge game between two perennially top-tier teams. Thanks for the info.

District303aPastPlayer
03-12-2003, 12:59 PM
sounds like a new group is taking over the board: Coastal Bend Homers :D :D

big daddy russ
03-12-2003, 01:02 PM
<small>[ March 12, 2003, 01:02 PM: Message edited by: big daddy russ ]</small>