PDA

View Full Version : “There are some great 3A teams...

WOS1
07-19-2004, 02:52 PM
and none of them are going to roll over for us by any means,” Hooks said.

Just for the record. This is from Coach Hooks latest interview.:D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-19-2004, 02:55 PM
What was the point of this thread?

WOS1
07-19-2004, 03:01 PM
Just posting a comment made by Hooks. Is there something confusing about it?

Phil C
07-19-2004, 03:51 PM
If that is true it sounds like he feels that he has the 3A State Championship in the bag for the next two years.

WOS92
07-19-2004, 03:55 PM
Are you serious? He's saying exactly the opposite! Believe me.

JasperDog94
07-19-2004, 03:56 PM
Man, so much tension. Here's my .02 cents (for whatever it's worth):

Just let it go. I've learned that you're not gonna change some people's opinions. When anyone continually posts stuff, then get's defensive about it, it's just going to keep the controversy going.

Here's an idea: LET'S PLAY SOME FOOTBALL!!!!:p :D

Phil C
07-19-2004, 04:01 PM
Good point Jasper but I didn't post this thread. ;)

vfunk
07-19-2004, 05:21 PM
I think Phil read this post wrong as I did at first.

SintonFan
07-19-2004, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
If that is true it sounds like he feels that he has the 3A State Championship in the bag for the next two years.
LOL
Phil you crack me up!:D

WOS1
07-19-2004, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Phil C

You're killing me Phil...;) :)

Supertilley
07-19-2004, 06:34 PM
(and none of them are going to roll over for us by any means,” Hooks said.)

This guy named hooks. That you all totaly no nothing about, is respected by every single coach that he goes against. I would be willing to bet that the coach at sinton knows alot about coach hooks. Or anyone of your teams coachs for that matter. I am sure they know his kicking plays allready. Being a coach is way different that being a fan. Fans will brag. But you will never see or hear a coach braging. As a FACT, every single coach that I have ever played for gave us less credit that we deserved. And I imagin that 70% of h.s. football coaches are like that. They are more hard on their kids that they are soft. "Tennis is a different story."
Coach hooks knows that his player are going to read that article. Why would he make it seem that he is going to have a cake walk? To make his kids heads swell? I don't think so. You have no ground to assume that he meat to man handle the whole 3A with one hand!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-19-2004, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by WOS1
Just posting a comment made by Hooks. Is there something confusing about it?

No

WOS1
07-19-2004, 10:40 PM
OK

slpybear the bullfan
07-19-2004, 10:45 PM
Please read the post carefully. At first I read it as... "none of them are going to roll over us." Of course, what here really said was "none will roll over FOR us."

Hooks was doing the old be humble and scuff the dirt routine for the press. All coaches do it.

Man... I am still waiting for 2 a days and already all the WOS bantering is getting to me.... LOL ... It is going to be some great times this season on the LOW!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-19-2004, 10:50 PM
Slpy is right...I need to brush up on my reading capabilities....If he wouldn't have said anything, I would have never caught it.

PhiI C
07-19-2004, 11:40 PM
HOW ABOUT THEM SPURS BEATING THE NETS FOR THE 2003 NBA CHAMPIONSHIP!! BEST NBA SERIES WE EVER HAD! :)

WOS1
07-19-2004, 11:40 PM
OOOOOH... so that's why you were questioning the thread like that. I was beginning to wonder BBDE...:p

SintonFan
07-20-2004, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
Please read the post carefully. At first I read it as... "none of them are going to roll over us." Of course, what here really said was "none will roll over FOR us."

Hooks was doing the old be humble and scuff the dirt routine for the press. All coaches do it.

Man... I am still waiting for 2 a days and already all the WOS bantering is getting to me.... LOL ... It is going to be some great times this season on the LOW!
Is anyone going to tell me that we can't read? I read what Coach Hooks said. It's not even a question of wording!!!!!! I also understood he WAS being humble. I also understood PHIL WAS having fun with the WOS posters.
Unfortunately, I felt I had to make sure PhiL's words were taken by all in there proper context.:mad: Talk about political correctness. This is getting old....:( :( :(
Sorry slpy... just MHO...

JasperDog94
07-20-2004, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Supertilley
This guy named hooks. That you all totaly no nothing about, is respected by every single coach that he goes against. Don't make the assumption that nobody outside the Golden Triangle knows nothing about Coach Hooks. You know what happens when you assume, right?:doh:

Supertilley
07-20-2004, 12:16 PM
I am sorry for making you cry jasperdog. I didn't know how important it was for you, just know something about hooks. Next time I will remember how easy it is to offend you. Very sorry.

District303aPastPlayer
07-20-2004, 12:44 PM
I am sorry for making you cry jasperdog. I didn't know how important it was for you, just know something about hooks. Next time I will remember how easy it is to offend you. Very sorry.
its posts like this which lead me to believe that you a) wont be around for long, and b) are still in high school given your lack of respect.

JasperDog94
07-20-2004, 01:33 PM
I am sorry for making you cry jasperdog. I didn't know how important it was for you, just know something about hooks. Next time I will remember how easy it is to offend you. Very sorry. To quote Sans Couth: YAWN...

Supertilley
07-20-2004, 05:54 PM
Ok so I assumed he didn't know hooks. Regaurdless, the point of the post was to inform people about hooks. Not to find out if Jasperdog knows who hooks is or not. But he had to put his cocky remark on the board, to make him look like a big hero. That post was not even for you jasperdog. That is why I said "YOU ALL" in sted of "ALL OF YOU." So I take it that you assumed I was talking to you, and you know what happens when you assume?

Air Raid, Tx,
Don't tell me anything about respect. I am allways going to take up for myself. Even if it means disrespecting someone who disrespected me. If I get kicked then I get kicked.

slpybear the bullfan
07-20-2004, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Is anyone going to tell me that we can't read? I read what Coach Hooks said. It's not even a question of wording!!!!!! I also understood he WAS being humble. I also understood PHIL WAS having fun with the WOS posters.
Unfortunately, I felt I had to make sure PhiL's words were taken by all in there proper context.:mad: Talk about political correctness. This is getting old....:( :( :(
Sorry slpy... just MHO...

SintonFan... you may not have been the person(s) my comments were directed at... I read it wrong the first time and I thought others may have too.

WOS1
07-20-2004, 09:09 PM
tilley,
I don't think JasperDog94 meant anything by his post, dude.

JasperDog94
07-21-2004, 09:04 AM
This guy named hooks. That you all totaly no nothing about... I wasn't taking anything personal. There are several people on this board that are familiar with coach Hooks. When you say "you all" I'm taking that to mean "you all". Maybe you can enlighten me as to who you meant when you said "you all". All thought the word "all" included everyone....as in "all a' yous guys". Not to be confused with an awl, which I won't even go into right now.

My point was this: Don't assume that nobody else on this board (not just me) doesn't know anything about Hooks. If you want to take it personally, then fine. If not, "all" the better.:D

WOS1
07-21-2004, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
I wasn't taking anything personal. There are several people on this board that are familiar with coach Hooks. When you say "you all" I'm taking that to mean "you all". Maybe you can enlighten me as to who you meant when you said "you all". All thought the word "all" included everyone....as in "all a' yous guys". Not to be confused with an awl, which I won't even go into right now.

My point was this: Don't assume that nobody else on this board (not just me) doesn't know anything about Hooks. If you want to take it personally, then fine. If not, "all" the better.:D

I think tilley is just a little on edge with all the stuff that's happened here over the last several days. He's really a good guy. I think, he thinks, you were starting some crap with him. He hasn't been here long enough to know who you have to look out for and who you don't.

JasperDog94
07-21-2004, 09:16 AM
True enough. I know you've probably figured it out by now, but most of my posts try to encompass a little bit of humor. If we can't laugh at ourselves, then we are in some serious trouble.:D

WOS1
07-21-2004, 09:20 AM
I know... but I think that was tilleys first post. He's pretty much a blank slate right now.

Supertilley
07-21-2004, 12:05 PM
Your right! Your right! I have been reading this board for about 2 months. Sorry to snap like that. I really mean it. When you keep quiet for so long it builds up. Totaly sorry guys.

SintonFan
07-21-2004, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
SintonFan... you may not have been the person(s) my comments were directed at... I read it wrong the first time and I thought others may have too.
My words weren't directed toward you slpy even though I quoted you. :o
I guess some can't read(talking about Hook's comment) though. I know you can read slpy...
:p :)

slpybear the bullfan
07-21-2004, 07:32 PM
...I can also dance and sing!

"ooohh... Rock me Col. Zaeus!"

slpybear

(yeah, THAT episode.)

sinton66
07-21-2004, 08:29 PM
You younguns are always bringing up stuff us old timers never heard of.:D