PDA

View Full Version : I'm back from vacation. Anyone miss me?

spiveyrat
07-19-2004, 07:07 AM
I know BBDE did! :p

Week 0 sure is getting close!

sinton66
07-19-2004, 07:19 AM
Heh heh, what does it say about you if your first thought after returning from vacation is of BBDE? LOL :D

So, tell us about your vacation spiverat.

BIG19
07-19-2004, 07:21 AM
Welcome back!! Hope the vacation was safely accomplished and fun was had by all!

JasperDog94
07-19-2004, 08:44 AM
I'm ready to hear some fish stories...:D

BHKrystal06
07-19-2004, 09:12 AM
Nope, I didn't miss you.....
Just joking! Welcome back and I wanna hear some vacation stories too! :cool:

spiveyrat
07-19-2004, 09:27 AM
66: Two weeks of bass fishing on Big Sam Rayburn! Doesn't get any better than that! Didn't have any "hitches" to get in the way either i.e. mechanical failures and such. The trip was smooth as silk. Caught lots of bass and a few crappie too. Largest bass was around 5 lbs. My dad lost (yep, the one that got away) one that was at least 6 lbs and could have been more. We got a good look at it. The fight was pretty calm and uneventful til the fish saw the boat. It ran in the other direction and my dad had not checked his drag. Yep, too tight and the fish broke off. If anyone finds a silver Devil's Horse in the Tiger Creek area, please contact Bearkatdad. I saw an unusual catch twice in the same trip. My brother-in-law caught a decent size bluegill on a buzzbait. Then later I caught one on a small crankbait. He had the whole back treble hook in his mouth. I thought it was going to be a nightmare to get out, but it came out pretty quick (much to my surprise). Largest crappie I caught was over 16 inches long and was probably in the 2 lb range. Wish I could have caught about 20 of those. The water was high and I'm sure a lot of the fish were in the water not acessable by boat due to button bushes/buck brush. The worst part of the trip was leaving. Next to that was my son being sick the second week and not being able to enjoy much of the outdoors. And then there was that damn humidity... Ugh! I was saturated the whole trip. I've never sweat so much. Ozarka's sales should be up this quarter. We went through a LOT of water. That's all I can think of now. More later?

SintonFan
07-19-2004, 10:30 AM
Glad you're back spiveyrat. Two weeks fishing? I'm jealous...
I love crappie. They are the lightest, best tasting fresh water fish IMO.

JasperDog94
07-19-2004, 11:02 AM
Crappie are pretty tasty. mmmmmmm.....tasty......aggghhhhhhhhhh......

bullfrog_alumni_02
07-19-2004, 01:36 PM
im sure ill get flamed for this but im not much of a seafood person, thats also why i joined the army not the navy:D

bullfrog_alumni_02
07-19-2004, 01:37 PM
oh and welcome back spiveyrat

pakrat
07-19-2004, 01:56 PM
Glad to see you're back, 'cause I thought you got blowed away in one of them twisters you took pictures of. Guess you got blowed to big Sam Rayburn. Such luck.:D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-19-2004, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
I know BBDE did! :p

Week 0 sure is getting close!

Oh, you know that I, of all people, missed you . :p ;)

Glad to see that your fishing expedition went well and you caught some fish. It sounds like they had some pretty nice bass out there. :D

JasperDog94
07-19-2004, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
im sure ill get flamed for this but im not much of a seafood person, thats also why i joined the army not the navy:D Why would you get flamed for this? Different strokes for different folks. My wife hates the taste of shellfish. That just means I have to go elsewhere to get my fill of crawfish....like a crawfish boil.:D

Phil C
07-19-2004, 04:18 PM
Welcome back Spiv!!

SintonFan
07-19-2004, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Crappie are pretty tasty. mmmmmmm.....tasty......aggghhhhhhhhhh......
Did you get a fish bone stuck or something?:p

j_dog
07-19-2004, 09:37 PM
Sorry, didn't realize you were gone. :D :)

Bulldog92
07-19-2004, 10:38 PM
Our pal Mr. j_dog beat me to the punch. I was thinking exactly what he said as I was reading down the list and darned if he didn't go there before I got the chance. Anyway, I'm glad you had a good time back home and got some r&r at the lake. :D

spiveyrat
07-20-2004, 07:18 AM
Thanks guys! I'm feeling the love :inlove: I think?

JasperDog94
07-20-2004, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Did you get a fish bone stuck or something?:p Actually that was a really bad Homer Simpson impression.:)