PDA

View Full Version : Region 1 Football

westTXbest
07-18-2004, 11:47 PM
Hey lets talk some region 1 football on this board.

VWG
07-19-2004, 09:47 PM
Where are all the panhandle supporters out there?
Borger, Canyon, Perryton... ??

HighSchool Fan
07-19-2004, 09:52 PM
If Gainesville stays healthy, they should win Regoin 1

Ranger Mom
07-19-2004, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by VWG
Where are all the panhandle supporters out there?
Borger, Canyon, Perryton... ??

I don't think I ever remember a single poster from any of those schools on this board.....I need to go recruit some from Rivals, they had a few Canyon posters there last season!

westTXbest
07-20-2004, 01:51 PM
who do u think will win div. 2 region 1, i thiink there r plenty of teams that can . So im not so sure about this one.

D. R. Hooks
07-20-2004, 03:17 PM
c'mon, anyone from Wylie around here?

http://www.flickingerweather.com/wos.JPG

Z motion 10 out on 2
07-20-2004, 04:17 PM
In DII Vernon will be the team to beat. Wylie and Vernon will have a good matchup before district that should tell a lot about both teams.

But Wylie will go DI.

vet93
07-20-2004, 05:50 PM
Wylie has some holes to fill but they have a very good nucleus coming back. Case Keenum started last year at qb as a soph. and should be able to build on last years season. They will have alot of kids to choose from as usual. Sandifer coached teams usually begin to peak about week 10-11. Therefore, with their schedule...don't be surprised if they have a few losses. They could very well give Gainesville a run for their money in Region 1 if things go well for them in developing some linemen and a good back or two to compliment Keenum. I agree with Z-motion in giving Vernon the nod for the DII favorite....I just hope that my poor young Bearcats can survive when we scrimmage Vernon:eek:

VWG
07-20-2004, 06:08 PM
I agree that Wylie will give Gainesville a run in Division I.
Having a talented QB like Keenum with playoff experience is a major plus.
The other factor that will always help Wylie is the athletes they have to choose from. Wylie, as other larger schools do, they just reload.

wildstangs
07-20-2004, 07:05 PM
Division 1 looks to be MUCH tougher than last years. Wylie and Gainesville are my pick to battle for the title, but watch out for Decatur. Looks like they will go D1 and should give Gainesville a good game.

In Division 2, I agree that Vernon is loaded. Other than them, I look for the usual suspects to be pretty good: Sweetwater, Greenwood, Snyder, Graham and Pilot Point. I keep hearing Ranchview is pretty good as well. Guess we will have to see.

westTXbest
07-20-2004, 09:44 PM
I like your div 2 picks wildstangs those r the teams in the hunt, in div1 i think its going to be wylie and gainsville.

wildstangs
07-20-2004, 10:24 PM
Cant wait for the Wylie VS. Decatur, and Sweetwater VS. Greenwood games. Could be early previews of the playoffs.

Z motion 10 out on 2
07-21-2004, 11:53 AM
I agree with Wildstangs that Decatur needs to be watched. I would like to see them go DI and challenge Graham, Wylie, and Gainesville.

There are so many good teams in Region I year in and year out...Graham, Wylie, Sweetwater, Vernon, Decatur, Perryton, Midland Greenwoood, and on and on.

Perryton has had some good teams over the recent past I wonder if it is a coaching thing or if they have just had the athletes.

It is always interesting to see a team come from nowhere and shock us all. Who will it be this year? I'll be watching Iowa Park this year. They are my darkhorse.

I also agree with VWG that Graham and Vernon have to both find a passing game if they want to give it a real run. Have to have some balance and both of these teams will need that passing game to bail out the running game when these other really good teams that they play stack 11 men in the box.

westTXbest
07-21-2004, 12:51 PM
Wildstangs these Sweetwater vs Greenwood matchups r one the best games every year, besisdes Greenwood and Andrews.