PDA

View Full Version : West Columbia

Old Green
07-18-2004, 04:40 PM
Anyone know their schedule? I see they Play Yoakum and Barbers Hill.
Are they playing any of their old 4A district foes?

bc 76
07-18-2004, 07:58 PM
Old Green I don't know who West Columbia plays but this is a team that might surprise some people.They had a very young team last year,and have a very good staff if i'm not mistaken the head coach was on Allan Weddell staff at La Marque.Wharton will be the team to beat but it would not surprise me if the Roughnecks do well in the playoffs.They have given Bay City lots of problems the last 2 yrs.

necks3
07-18-2004, 08:09 PM
The roughnecks will scrimage Texas City and El Campo. They will play Yoakum, Brazosport, Lamar Consolidated, Hempstead and Barbers Hill in non-district.

Old Green
07-18-2004, 08:22 PM
Thanks guys. I knew WC had a young team last year and played Bay City down to the wire. Who are some of the key players to watch out for necks3?

necks3
07-18-2004, 08:31 PM
Jared Flanel was the newcomer of the year as a freshman last year playing rb/wr and db. Senior Nolan Darthard leads the necks secondary and is a rb. The necks most dominating player is senior Andrew Jones he's a force on the line and is hard to stop. If the necks play up to their potential this team could be very good and surprise a lot of people.

bc 76
07-18-2004, 08:40 PM
Old Green Neck3 can tell you more about the West Columbia team,I can tell you this most West Columbia teams have lots of size and speed.I think they have kept the same offense&defense that Dean De Atley ran when he was the head coach at Columbia.Coach De Atley and coach Lane were on the La Marque staff during those 5 straight championship apperances by the Cougars.

Old Green
07-18-2004, 08:41 PM
Thanks neck3. WC is one of my picks to do quite well in Region 4 this year

WOS1
07-18-2004, 08:41 PM
I too think that WC will be a "dark horse" this year and will be a force before it's all said and done. They haven't got a whole lot of press, but I know there presence will be felt.

Old Green
07-18-2004, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by WOS1
I too think that WC will be a "dark horse" this year and will be a force before it's all said and done. They haven't got a whole lot of press, but I know there presence will be felt. You are right WOS1. They haven't had a lot of press but last those young guys gave Bay City fits. I am predicting to do quite well.

Old Green
07-18-2004, 08:46 PM
OhYea! Welcome aboard Necks3!:)