crane v bridgeport-----------crane
alpine v kennedale-----------kennedale
commerce v winnsboro---------commerce
wilmer-hutchins v gladewater-wilmer-hutchins
china spring v newton--------newton
giddings v rice consolidated-rice cons.
la grange v mathis-----------la grange
wimberley v yoakum-----------wimberley

just my thoughts. i wish all teams much luck except winnsboro and i only wish them a little luck

TAH054
11-27-2001, 02:08 PM
I'll have to disagree with you on the game between sinton and Bellville. The game will be close but I think that Bellville will take control in the 4th Quarter. Because they are coached to play at a different level.

tommymac22
11-27-2001, 03:03 PM
TAHO54
What type of coach would be too ignorant not to stress the fourth quarter, you act like the Bellville coach knows something that all of the other coaches in the state don't. To get this far in the playoffs you have to play all four quarters or else you will be starting b-ball practice. I'll also take Sinton in this one.

bros543
11-27-2001, 03:18 PM
i think giddings will beat rice. I'll try to catch that game since its in my back yard. And i think that the mathis takes the win.

Specklebelly
11-27-2001, 03:28 PM
Nice picks, Im taking China Spring over Newton though. China Spring has looked very good so far in the playoffs, I think they can pull off the upset.

As for Bellville, they have yet to play an offense with anything even close to the firepower that Sinton will come with. All of the big wins Bellville has had have come against run oriented teams. They have not had to prepare for a passing team all year, not to mention one with talent like Sinton. From what Ive seen from Bellville, they will not have the defensive back talent to contain Sinton. Bellville is in for a rude awakening this week Im afraid.

MCAT
11-27-2001, 03:42 PM
I think bellville will lose, not to talk trash, but when i look at who they have played in the playoffs thus far although are good teams, they have been young or unhealthy, and the score has not been convincing. Sinton is the real deal, so i think the winner of this game wins out. I dont see bellvilles offense being real productive this week, so bellvilles only hope is to create more than two turnovers.Granted that any given day anybody can beat anybody in the highschool playoffs. Please dont bark at me for posting this, just let me know what yall think..thanks, cat

Jacket2000
11-27-2001, 03:51 PM
I agree completely. Sinton has yet to be really be challenged. As far as playing at a higher level, if outscoring your opponents 578-84 isnt playing at a higher level, then Id love to know what TAHO is calling a "higher level".
J2K

MCAT
11-27-2001, 04:03 PM
yall are right, i dont think bellville has seen a passing team yet, i could be wrong..i think bros543 was right about them perhaps picking on the secondary, from what i've seen, bellvill has good line backers, with good defensive ends. BUt i worry about their secondary and their two tackles. I think the success of their secondary so far should be credited to the linebackers and defenses ends(shoquist, and houston- i could have the wrong names) getting pressure on the quarterback. Thats just to say, if i was going to attack their defense, i would just have to say those are the weaker spots.
cat

the claw
11-27-2001, 04:45 PM
I'll pick giddings from what I've been hearing about them. Hopefully it will be a good game. I plan on trying to catch it since its on campus.

g-town fan
11-27-2001, 05:55 PM
Rice? are you kidding me? you must not of heard about the buffaloes this year. they are awesome. 3 rb's who can hurt you at any time, and the "wrecking crew" defense. they are going to go farther than this round. it will be a great game, but i gotta pick giddings. eye of the tiger, you need to learn a little more about the teams you pick before you make your predictions. anyway, mark my words, the buffaloes WILL not falter, they WILL win!!!
giddings 17---Rice 10

Specklebelly
11-27-2001, 06:13 PM
g-town fan, enlighten me and tell me what YOU know about Rice Consolidated. You criticize eye of the tiger for needing to know about teams before he picks, so you tell me what makes you so sure Giddings will win. Im betting that you have no idea what Rice has. You are taking Giddings because they are your team, that is your #1 reason. Rice could have 11 D1 prospects and you would still take Giddings because they are your team and you have no idea how good Rice is. Oh wait, did you say Giddings has the "wrecking crew" defense"!!! Well that's reason enough for me, I'd better change my prediction, Im taking Giddings too.

BrahmaFan
11-27-2001, 06:38 PM
MCAT....Burnet had a highly rated passing attack....St. Thomas of Houston had a great passing attack with a fast QB...but I'm sure Sinton has a good passing attack also...it will be a hellava game...dont underestimate Bellvilles offense..they can score!

kolbe
11-27-2001, 08:31 PM
i have to aggre with brahmafan. burnett had a qb with over 1000 yards passing. the bellville defense has been doing a good job against the pass, the pass rush is very good and the linebackers and secondary have done a good job with the pass. it will be a great game.

MCAT
11-27-2001, 08:38 PM
brahmafan, i dont mean anything personal, bellville is a great football team, but everyone can not possibly win, it wouldnt be fun that way. What i'm saying is, the past two games bellville has played have been close, and that sinton is a notch or two better than burnett or bandera, so.....

josh_b_9_QB
11-27-2001, 08:40 PM
BUFFALOE STAMPEDE WARNING: Rice ya better be ready..b/c Giddings isn't going to go down without a fight. But your predictions are wack, eye of the tiger...RICE OVER GIDDINGS??? Are you insane?? Come on. I am going to pick the Buffaloes 27-10. If Rice wants to win, they better start to play like GODS...B/c when we execute...we win...and thats exactly what we do...WIN!!!!

eye of the tiger
11-27-2001, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by josh_b_9_QB:
BUFFALOE STAMPEDE WARNING: Rice ya better be ready..b/c Giddings isn't going to go down without a fight. But your predictions are wack, eye of the tiger...RICE OVER GIDDINGS??? Are you insane?? Come on. I am going to pick the Buffaloes 27-10. If Rice wants to win, they better start to play like GODS...B/c when we execute...we win...and thats exactly what we do...WIN!!!!

Well I don't think I'm insane, but I have probably been called worse things than that. I think if went to Giddings I would at least know how to spell buffalo. But back to football. I think Giddings has a good football team. I think Rice is just a little better. I merely stated my picks. I have been wrong before. La Grange beat you guys and Rockdale almost beat you amd I think Rice is better than both of those teams, so I'll stick with my insane pick. Good luck to your Buffaloes (use the e and then add s to make buffalo plural).

cak23
11-27-2001, 09:18 PM
i have to agree with brahma fan and kolbe. bellville's front 7 has played tramendous all season, and their secondary has played well in big games too. this game between bellville and sinton should be a great matchup.

gdornon11
11-27-2001, 09:45 PM
mcat,
for your info our so called "weak" secondary or what ever your saying has had about 13 interceptions and the linebackers have had about 6. how can you say burnet wasnt a passing team with a qb with 1600 yards coming into the game vs. bellville. i would say he got SHUT DOWN!!!! comment?

kolbe
11-27-2001, 10:57 PM
yes the burnett qb could not even get off a pass most of the time because of the pressure he had on him. a lot of teams do not know how good bellvilles defensive front 4 are. there were a lot of intential grouding calls too because of the secondary and linebackers great coverage.

MCAT
11-28-2001, 06:13 PM
kolbe, dornon, sinton is not burnett and surely is not the other teams yall have played. I'm sure you all are playing for the brahmas, so i want to make sure i wish you all the best of luck. This forum is to discuss football, so i'm not trying to discourage or tear you guys down. Have a good game on saturday, i should be there
cat

BrahmaFan
11-28-2001, 06:20 PM
Thats the thing about football...talk is cheap..its what happens on the field that counts....

g-town fan
11-28-2001, 10:35 PM
eye of the tiger, he mispelled the word and you know it. are you perfect or something? im sure he knows how to spell it, he was probably just typing fast and didnt think to double check the spelling. lay off man, we know that is just your prediction. its cool. if your predictions really mattered, then i might start listening to you, but they dont. just like mine dont. we know you are just making a statement, oh yeah and by the way, we lost to lagrange our first game of the season and we looked like crap, we didnt even look close to the team we do now. and rockdale, that was a fluke game too. the way we are playing now, it is gonna b hard to stop us. i am not saying we are unstoppable, just near that. just calm down and chill man. aint no reason to try to go off on some1. go buffaloes!!! is that the correct spelling eye of the tiger????

MCAT
11-28-2001, 11:07 PM
how does sinton and bridge city match up against eachother? assuming that brigecity will win.

BrahmaFan
11-28-2001, 11:09 PM
MCAT...Your something else....HaHa

BrahmaFan
11-28-2001, 11:10 PM
MCAT...Are you Jimmy the Greek?

MCAT
11-28-2001, 11:16 PM
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/smile.gif

[This message has been edited by MCAT (edited November 28, 2001).]

BrahmaFan
11-28-2001, 11:19 PM
MCAT...what does spelling have to do with being Jimmy the Greek?

MCAT
11-28-2001, 11:34 PM
brahmafan, its obvious i cant read....sorry..

jykoy
11-28-2001, 11:45 PM
MCAT, you are not appreciated in this forum. Get out.

MCAT
11-28-2001, 11:53 PM
granted koy, i'm sure alot of people care about where you are going to school, but i'm sure most of the people in this forum couldn't care less where you go. The purpose for me being in this forum is to talk football, not make sure YOU appreciate me. I miss-read brahmafan, however, he has made many pointless corrections to people's spelling on here as if it WERE a spelling bee. and i jumped to conclusion that it was another one of his remarks.so sorry jykoy...

SintonFan
11-29-2001, 01:54 AM
Bridge City has nothing to do with Sinton playing Bellville. Let's stick to the games at hand.

VIC68
11-29-2001, 03:25 AM
I JUST THINK THAT SINTON WILL BEAT BELLVILLE

eye of the tiger
11-29-2001, 09:40 AM
Well g-town you and josh came down on me pretty hard for a simple prediction and I responded. I dont want to spar with you guys and I really do wish your team much luck in the playoffs. Ill even mispell tigre to make up for it. lol--good luck guys

Originally posted by g-town fan:
eye of the tiger, he mispelled the word and you know it. are you perfect or something? im sure he knows how to spell it, he was probably just typing fast and didnt think to double check the spelling. lay off man, we know that is just your prediction. its cool. if your predictions really mattered, then i might start listening to you, but they dont. just like mine dont. we know you are just making a statement, oh yeah and by the way, we lost to lagrange our first game of the season and we looked like crap, we didnt even look close to the team we do now. and rockdale, that was a fluke game too. the way we are playing now, it is gonna b hard to stop us. i am not saying we are unstoppable, just near that. just calm down and chill man. aint no reason to try to go off on some1. go buffaloes!!! is that the correct spelling eye of the tiger????

bend-m-over
11-29-2001, 10:48 AM
G-town, is Josh your son. You were very quick to defend him. All eye of the tiger was doing was making predictions. I don't think he was trying to ruffle feathers. It sounds to me that you and Josh are very insecure and afraid of losing. You two are way too defensive when you even think of the possibility of losing. You will probably also be the first two blaming Coach Ivey and his staff for losing, when this wonderful playoff run ends. Getting into the playoffs in Texas High School Football is a dream come true. Getting to the 3rd round is icing on the cake. Make your predictions, support your team and be gracious in victory or defeat, and above all thank god for being able to live in such a great country and pray that all participants in this great sport come out healthy.

bros543
11-29-2001, 10:53 AM
Amen brother, playoffs are awesome.

Crow22
11-29-2001, 11:10 AM
No, MCAT is Jimmy the GEEK.

MCAT
11-29-2001, 11:22 AM
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/wink.gif

MCAT
11-29-2001, 11:25 AM
thats pretty clever of you crow. cute.

josh_b_9_QB
11-29-2001, 07:41 PM
Bend-m-over,
No I am not G-town fan's son, and the reason G-town defended me is b/c we are from Giddings, we stick togather, anyone disses our team, we stick up for each other. C'mon playa you should know that one. If someone dissed you and your team, don't you think that someone from your town or one of your friends would try to stick up for you? You know they would. Anyways, thanx G-town fan. Buffs on top 24-17. GO BUFFS!!

BellvilleDude
11-29-2001, 10:27 PM
talking about passing teams we played st thomas. great passing team with locke something like that they made it to tapps 5A state game we stopped them too

SintonFan
11-29-2001, 11:01 PM
Sinton's not a passing team. Their a running team 1st.

bleedgreen
11-29-2001, 11:18 PM
Crane better get ready for AIR BRIDGEPORT. I've never seen a more pass-happy team and now they are starting to get the running game in gear.

BigTwanky
11-29-2001, 11:28 PM
Hey Specklebelly...how do u figure that China-Springs will take Newton in the upset...just out of curiousity...I respect your opinion but i was just wondering why you give C.S. the edge.

bros543
11-30-2001, 11:17 AM
bellvilledude, who are you? (curious)

g-town fan
11-30-2001, 12:18 PM
bend-m-over have some respect, you spell God with a capital letter, not god!!!

alanclay37
11-30-2001, 01:28 PM
Kolbe, you have to give that QB from burnet some props, he is just a soph. If he had some blocking he could be great. And in the next two years dont be surprised when you see him taking Burnet to state. Sorry guys a little of subject.

Specklebelly
11-30-2001, 03:41 PM
Big Twanky, I personally think Newton is the best team in 3A division 2. They played very sloppy against Sealy though. I think China Spring will present some very interesting matchup problems for Newton with the spread offense. I have a feeling they are going to come in with a very creative offensive gameplan and jump on Newton early. CS showed me they can win the pound it out game when they beat a VERY good Yoe team in Round 1. That impressed me.

They also got Newton off of their home away from home field. I feel Newton has had an unfair comfort advantage going into all of their games in Huntsville since they play there so much. They ought to know that field backwards and forwards. Playing in Conroe leveled the playing field in my opinion. I just see an upset in the making.

duckbutter
11-30-2001, 04:37 PM
I don't know why you think Huntsville would be an advantage to Newton because they have only won 1 of the last 3 playoff games there.

Specklebelly
11-30-2001, 05:53 PM
Duckbutter, give me a break. First of all, they have won 2 of their last 3. Beat Rice last year, lost to Marlin then beat Sealy this year. Thats 2 out of 3. Who was the last team to beat them there not named Marlin? I dont know who it was but its been since either 1997 or 1996, one of the two. Over that same time, Newton has played at least 50% of their playoff games in Huntsville. They are comfortable playing there and its the first stadium they suggest playing at whenever they play someone west of College Station. They have built an advantage playing there and they know it. Im off to College Station now, good luck to everyone tonight and tomorrow except Giddings.

[This message has been edited by Specklebelly (edited November 30, 2001).]

TheEagleMan
11-30-2001, 09:08 PM
You took the words right out of my mouth.
I just love football.

TheEagleMan
11-30-2001, 09:09 PM
You took the words right out of my mouth.
I just love football.

kegger
11-30-2001, 11:45 PM
I am disagreeing about the part of bellville not playing hard teams. They played sealy and la grange in the regular season and burnet and bandera were also good. Sinton has not even played anyone near as good as
Bellville and they may be the ones who need a rude awakening

g-town fan
12-01-2001, 01:04 AM
Game over at Kyle Field. Giddings wins 24-8. Outstanding game!!!

SintonFan
12-01-2001, 02:37 AM
Anyone who doesn't believe Bellville hasn't played at least a few hard games is delusional. Sinton has played a couple, at least. Today's game is gonna be too cool! I got good seats. Sinfan75, where r u gonna be?

bleedgreen
12-01-2001, 08:06 AM
Refer to my posting of Nov 29...10:18PM.
I hope it's Bridgeport and Kennedale in The Regional final. "He who scores last,will win." I just love wide open offensive football. Both teams have so many weapons.

eye of the tiger
12-01-2001, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by g-town fan:
Game over at Kyle Field. Giddings wins 24-8. Outstanding game!!!

congrats on a big win. i must have been insane to pick rice. LOL. good luck the rest of the playoffs

g-town fan
12-01-2001, 11:17 AM
Thanks eye of the tiger. Once again, we know it was just your prediction, but we were just trying to support our team. No harm done and maybe you will lean a little more towards us in your next picks.

I love high school football!!!!!!