PDA

View Full Version : Is West Orange Stark's gonna be any good this year

3afan2K3
07-16-2004, 10:25 PM
in tennis?

jason
07-16-2004, 10:28 PM
yeah...they're gonna flop in football though...

Ray_BearKat
07-16-2004, 10:37 PM
They have a better chance since they lost that A;)...but I doubt they will win a state championship in tennis.:D

GS#17
07-16-2004, 10:45 PM
I copied this off the website properties. I hope the mods don't mind. It's the standard WOS thread formula.

Non WOS-fan Thread Initiator: WOS is (insert phrase)....

WOS Response: We think we'll be good, but we're just happy to be playing on a level playing field.

Other fan: You arrogant $#@$!

WOS Response: We're not arrogant. We're just saying our talent pool will be more in line with our competition's talent pool.

Yet another fan: Hey, don't be defensive! You brought up the subject, now you're upset. Wow, some people have such thin-skin! If you don't like it, leave!

WOS Response: We didn't bring it up!

Other fan: Hey, who's going to watch (insert team) play (insert team)?

Thread lost in tangent. ;)

Sans Couth
07-16-2004, 10:50 PM
Can someone who has been here for a long time dig up some of the "welcome to 3A Celina" threads and show them to the WOS fans.:p

JasperDog94
07-18-2004, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Sans Couth
Can someone who has been here for a long time dig up some of the "welcome to 3A Celina" threads and show them to the WOS fans.:p Didn't we lose some of that stuff in the move to the new server? That is a great idea though. And how about some of those Jasper threads? I don't remember Jasper getting this upset.

sinton66
07-18-2004, 03:59 PM
I don't remember Jasper getting all that upset either.

WOS92
07-18-2004, 03:59 PM
I'm sure folks in Jasper just handle themselves with a lot more class and dignity than we lowly WO-S fans. :rolleyes: :D

JasperDog94
07-19-2004, 08:33 AM
Maybe we just have thicker skin.

WOS1
07-19-2004, 09:13 AM
I'm not going to get in a debate here with my Jasper friends, but when I first came here in February, I distinctly remember someone sending me a message stating that they "caught hell" when they dropped.

j_dog
07-19-2004, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by WOS1
I'm not going to get in a debate here with my Jasper friends, but when I first came here in February, I distinctly remember someone sending me a message stating that they "caught hell" when they dropped.
Yes, we did catch quite a bit of flack. Unfortunately, some of it was deserved because a few youthful Jasper posters thought Jasper was unbeatable, which was not a valid belief. It also was not wise to post that even if you think it. But even mild, valid positive statements of support for our team were attacked, just as WOS has been attacked for simply supporting their team without any derogotory attacks on other teams. So, I empathize with you WOS guys. :) But, I guess somebody has to be the punching boy. Last year, it seemed that it was Burnet. Now it is WOS. Who knows who it will be next. :rolleyes: Eventually, maybe we can all just get along. :)