PDA

View Full Version : Just a "Twig"

Z motion 10 out on 2
07-16-2004, 07:11 PM
See Barbosa's comment on the All state Team. He called Eric Favors (Vernon's premiere corner) a twig.

Z motion, get real. Eric Favors all-state. D1 material. That is funny. The kid is a twig he is very small and to small to play major D1 college ball.

Just looked at the 2003 depth chart of Texas A&M corners:

LCB
31 Sean Weston 5-10 180 Sr-3L Inglewood, Calif. (Gardena Serra)
26 Jonte' Buhl 5-10 171 Jr-2L Pflugerville, Texas (Connally)
36 Broderick Newton 5-11 175 Fr-HS Fort Worth, Texas (Aledo)

RCB
11 BYRON JONES 5-10 184 Jr-2L Bay City, Texas (Bay City)
6 Bryant Singleton 5-11 187 So-1L Galveston, Texas (Ball)
18 Melvin Bullitt 6-1 186 Fr-HS Garland, Texas (Naaman Forest)

The big guy seems to be 6-1 and a whole 186 pounds. Hummm. Favors is 5'10" and 170. Just think... 1 more pound and he would be exactly what the #2 left corner is. But you called him a "twig." Come on now give this kid some credit.

sinton66
07-16-2004, 07:46 PM
So, that's why the Ags lose all the time? 'Cause they're all too small?;)

Z motion 10 out on 2
07-17-2004, 07:42 AM
From an Aggie friend of mine, he says, "The Aggies never lose...they just get outscored."

For what it is worth!

VWG
07-17-2004, 09:59 AM
Favors can play... hands down.
Sounds as if Barbosa is trying to spark some debate.
That's like saying the Henderson kid from 4A WF High a few years back was too small. Took Wichita Falls High to the semi-finals a few years back and he couldn't have been over 5'-10" and a buck-eighty.
There are several kids in high school football that aren't prototype D1 prospects. Some of those "smaller" kids are the best kids on the team.

barbosa
07-17-2004, 12:11 PM
In my opinion I personally do not think that favors is D1 material. I do not believe he is 170lbs but z motion can say what he wants. I would like to see where favors is getting recruited by OSU. Favors isn't even the best player in the district. I think the FS from Iowa Park is a better defensive back even though they play fs and cb. But overall talent I believe the kid from graham is a better football player than favors.

vet93
07-17-2004, 12:56 PM
Hey....Barbosa...Aren't you the kid that was saying that Graham always has to play the tough teams and Vernon gets the easy route??? I thought so. I am sorry...but your credibility on evaluating talent and football teams may not be too good!! I think that I will stick with VWG and Z-motions analysis.

Originally posted by barbosa
In my opinion I personally do not think that favors is D1 material. I do not believe he is 170lbs but z motion can say what he wants. I would like to see where favors is getting recruited by OSU. Favors isn't even the best player in the district. I think the FS from Iowa Park is a better defensive back even though they play fs and cb. But overall talent I believe the kid from graham is a better football player than favors.

VWG
07-17-2004, 11:31 PM
and the kid from WF High is playing at Rice, still Division I.....