View Full Version : Another WOS Thread

BlueBlood
07-16-2004, 12:43 PM
WOS--"Warriors on Stallions"

Next?

WOSgrad
07-16-2004, 01:00 PM
No! No! No! No! No! No!

Not warriors...wimps! Son, you gotta know the rules! Any portrayal of WO-S in glorious terms such as warriors is banned on this board!

Please don't be offended, I am just trying to save you from being placed into the Association of Arrogant Braggards...better known as WO-S supporters!

BlueBlood
07-16-2004, 01:08 PM
OK--How about--"Women on Steriods"

WOSgrad
07-16-2004, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by BlueBlood
OK--How about--"Women on Steriods"

NOW YOU ARE GETTING IT!! That is brilliant! And you hit us with two insults in one shot!!

The "women" indicates that we do not have the wherewithall to compete on the football field and the "steroids" reference fits right into the cheating and stealing theme.

You are indeed a quick study and will do well here.

Phil C
07-16-2004, 01:17 PM
I can't speak for everyone but to WOS and all the other new WOS posters we are glad you are on and you have the right to be proud of your team and support them. It is the UIL that placed WO in 3A because of the declining enrollment and that has to be excepted. Most of us are glad you are on and keep posting and you have the right to brag and be proud of your team and their accomplishments. We consider everyone here to be friends and good arguments never hurt anyone. Heck, I get called on the carpet once in a while because I like women's soccer. So jump in and enjoy the friendship and maybe we can meet if Sinton plays WOS in the playoffs someday in the future. Of course right now the two teams have to concentrate on the season and the district play before the playoffs. If I haven't said so to all the new WOS posters - welcome aboard.

CHS_Grad '85
07-16-2004, 01:27 PM
:clap: :clap: Well said Phil C... :clap: :clap:

WOSgrad
07-16-2004, 01:49 PM
Phil,

I know that your sentiment probably reflects the sentiment of most of the board posters. Although I do say probably because of many topics and posts that give me wonder.

I have no problem with those who express that their school could defeat WO-S. Right now, everybody is 0-0 and as I have expressed we drop to a classification with many great schools. As I am proud of my alma mater and the team that they field, I would not take offense to those on this board that feel and express the same pride about their teams.

What I have had the problem with is what seems to be the habitual attempt to show that the emperor wears no clothes. the very first day, I was viewing a post from a Gainesville supporter that WO-S was overrated. Shortly thereafter, during another thread, a Jasper tried to imply that WO-S had dozens of UIL violations under its belt. Sometime later, a longtime poster on this board offers a post that was full of nothing less than outright lies that if published in any media source would be slanderous that WO-S has sacrificed everything else to win football games. When we respond, we are told that we are coming to close to crossing the line. We attempt to both explain and ask for information and we are basically told to hit the highway. Shortly thereafter, another poster attempts to use quotes from WO-S coach from a recent article in attempt to hold him out, intentionally omitting those quotes which would bely the implication. Many other posters, including one moderator, jump on the bandwagon, to again accuse WO-S of taking 3A for granted (I did notice that the sheep went silent one the controverting quotes were published here).

If we show pride in our team, we are braggards.....if we give insight into past shortcomings we are preparing excuses in case of failure.

Don't get me wrong, we do not expect members to bow down to WO-S and I hope that they would not as I would not to others. But all of this has been thrown our way in the span of a few months and some wonder why WO-S posters are quick to the trigger? Phil, I would predict that if Sinton had fallen under the same accusations in such a short period of time, that a backlash from those Pirate posters would be forthcoming...or at least I would hope so.

There was a post that was about everyone hearing about WO-S. Given what has been posted for the most part, I can assure you that the WO-S posters are tired of it as well. If you are indeed tired of hearing about WO-S, I will tell you what I told another poster who lodged the same complaint....stop whining about it and post something about your school. I am interested and will certainly look.

Thank you for the welcome, but I hope you can understand why we have not felt so welcome so far.

CHS_Grad '85
07-16-2004, 02:18 PM
WOSgrad - I think it's just a way to weed out the bad posters... I for one FINALLY logged on when a certain poster went berserk causing the other members of this forum to bash Caldwell... once that one person was rom'd (& rom'd & rom'd & rom'd, etc...) all that was left was some really good folks from Caldwell who like to talk football... we've all been where you are now... but like Phil says "to all the new WOS posters - welcome aboard"...

GUNHO
07-16-2004, 02:29 PM
I like Gobbla2001s," 3A's WOrSt nightmare"

He said it,not me.

Oh wait.I forgot to give the whole quote...don't want to give the wrong idea ya know.The rest of it said..."along with a few other teams",or something like that.:D

Bigdog1
07-16-2004, 02:55 PM
:thinking:

sinton66
07-16-2004, 05:27 PM
Well, WOSgrad, let me correct some of your mis-information here.

Any portrayal of WO-S in glorious terms such as warriors is banned on this board! Please don't be offended, I am just trying to save you from being placed into the Association of Arrogant Braggards...better known as WO-S supporters!

NOTHING about WOS has been banned. I haven’t seen ANYONE refer to any of you as braggarts.

I was viewing a post from a Gainesville supporter that WO-S was overrated

Do Gainesville people NOT have a right to their opinions as do you?

We attempt to both explain and ask for information and we are basically told to hit the highway.

“WE” weren’t told anything. My comment was to YOU and YOU ONLY. I didn’t TELL you to leave, merely suggested if you couldn’t appreciate our efforts or weren’t happy with the way we run this board you’d be welcome to go elsewhere. And by the way, I didn’t run to another board and bad-mouth you either. Can you say the same?

Many other posters, including one moderator, jump on the bandwagon, to again accuse WO-S of taking 3A for granted

Again, do other posters and MODERATORS have a right to their opinions as you do?

Phil, I would predict that if Sinton had fallen under the same accusations in such a short period of time, that a backlash from those Pirate posters would be forthcoming...or at least I would hope so.

Where on earth did you get the idea that WOS is the ONLY school/town that Old Cardinal has done this to? He’s done stuff like this to practically everybody on the site. Yes, even SINTON (in 2001). The Sinton fans that were on here at that time disputed his facts and let it drop. They didn’t call him names, just corrected his misinformation and let it go.

All of the WOS posters are welcome here, even you. However, you should take some advice here, drop the legaleze BS. Stop trying to make things so personal. Good grief, counselor, you’re an ADULT, aren’t you?

One last piece of advice, only a MORON would decide to take on a moderator or Admin. You want to stay, stay. You want to go, go. Just make up your mind and quit crying about our board.

Sans Couth
07-16-2004, 05:50 PM
To the fine folks who happen to be WOS fans, and to a couple of you who are just too thin skinned:

You may as well get used to it. You are the new kid on the block with a reputation for winning, and since the dawn of time, that means you will have to be run through the mangle.

I have surfed these football boards since the invention of the internet, and you are not the first nor the last that get treated this way.

When Celina moved UP into 3A a couple of years ago, you should have seen the disrespect they got. They were told by folks in 3A how they were going to be whipping children now that they were with the big boys. They were told how their 57 game winning streak was a result of playing inferior teams. Well poor little ole Celina only got to play for two seasons in the mighty 3A, and it only took 12 games for someone to finaly knock them off of that horse they rode in on, when they missed an extra point in the second round of the playoffs. The following year they could only muster ten wins in twelve games and they were sent back to 2A with their tail between their legs, because of their 21-3 3A record. Just like the gunfigher that longs for some peace in his old age....your reputation preceeds you, and you can either sit quietly and prove it on the field, or you can bawl about it and beg for more. The choice is yours.

Sans Couth
07-16-2004, 05:52 PM
I guess I should also say this. There were many who treated them with the respect they deserved as well. You will find BOTH anywhere you go. I for one, like THIS board, and 99% of the posters here are pretty classy folks. Myself not included of course.:D

BlueBlood
07-16-2004, 09:02 PM
I remember when old cardinal use to rip Barbers Hill by using back handed comments about five years ago. He is pretty sly the way he words things.

GS#17
07-16-2004, 09:03 PM
welcome aboard

Thank you! :)

sinton66
07-16-2004, 09:12 PM
I'm not offended by difference of opinions. However when a poster is angry with another poster and we step in only to have that anger turned towards us personally and towards our site, I probably will get somewhat offended. We're pretty proud of this site, and we like how it's run. If WOS fans hang around long enough, you'll feel the same way.

GS#17
07-16-2004, 09:52 PM
Sinton, I'm assuming you're talking about my edited post. Apparently, we're all human and some things are going to offend all of us at one time or another. No harm done, and I think/hope all of that is in the past. :)

sinton66
07-16-2004, 10:03 PM
As far as I was concerned, it was forgotten until he brought it back up. If it fades away, it will be forgotten again.

GS#17
07-16-2004, 10:14 PM
66, if you believe the point of WOSGrad's post was about Sinton or your earlier comment on another thread, I think you may want to re-read what he wrote. Either way, my point is it's time to move forward, and from what you posted, you apparently agree. :)

Again, I thank those who welcome me to the board, and I look forward to many positive discussions in the future. :)

Sans Couth
07-16-2004, 10:18 PM
How about

Withdrawn
Outcast
Soporose

or

Withheld
Odius
Scrubs

or

Wasted
On
Saturdays:D

Sans Couth
07-16-2004, 10:19 PM
How about

Whiz
On
Sans Couth?:eek:

GS#17
07-16-2004, 10:23 PM
While Wasted On Saturdays certainly describes me in my younger years, I figured you'd include something like "World Of Sans." :)

WOS92
07-16-2004, 11:45 PM
Winners Of State sounds nice :D

HighSchool Fan
07-17-2004, 12:22 AM
Winners of Summer talk

SintonFan
07-17-2004, 01:26 AM
Whimsy Or Satiric :D

pakrat
07-17-2004, 03:38 AM
We Only Shine

Worst Of Sins

Walk On Seas (as in Water)

We Own State!

SintonFan
07-17-2004, 03:54 AM
Wuppin' On Someone!
Wrong! Our State!
Why? Only Sincere...
:D
j/k

HighSchool Fan
07-17-2004, 04:13 AM
We're On the Sidelines (during playoffs)

BlueBlood
07-17-2004, 08:15 AM
"Walloping one-way stampede"

WOS1
07-17-2004, 10:08 AM
Win one soon (I hope)

BlueBlood
07-17-2004, 12:00 PM
"We own Sinton"

SintonFan
07-17-2004, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by BlueBlood
"We own Sinton"
/\ /\ /\ /\ /\

"Wasted on Sangria":p

BlueBlood
07-18-2004, 07:16 AM
"Whizzing on Sans"

D. R. Hooks
07-18-2004, 05:05 PM
I think we'll stay out of this one....

http://www.flickingerweather.com/wos.JPG

chaingang
07-19-2004, 09:52 AM
In highschool, our cross town rivals called us Weenies On a Stick.
Sorry DR, had to.

pakrat
07-19-2004, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by chaingang
In highschool, our cross town rivals called us Weenies On a Stick.
Sorry DR, had to.

As in Stick Horses?

X Man
07-21-2004, 04:04 AM
You guys got it all wrong. The "Warriors" was the 9th Grade team at West Orange before we merged with Stark. The Varsity mascot was "Chiefs" back then. (personally, I like "women on 'stangs")

spiveyrat
07-21-2004, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by WOS1
Win one soon (I hope)

Hopefully not until week 1. ;)