PDA

View Full Version : Tour de France should get interesting!

Phil C
07-15-2004, 08:36 AM
Now that we are in the second half and the rough mountain part about to start. They say Lance is right where he wants to be so maybe he will make his move soon and take the lead and win it. They are about to start his strong point. GO LANCE GO!

HighSchool Fan
07-15-2004, 08:49 AM
I think Lance will win the Tour by more than 1.5 minutes.

pakrat
07-15-2004, 08:27 PM
Come on Lance! Pedal for all of us couch potatoes! Show those frenchmen a thing or two!

turbostud
07-15-2004, 08:34 PM
The tour should get very interesting Fri or Sat. Look for alot of attacks against Lance. U.S. Postal will have alot of pressure on them the next few days.

WOSgrad
07-16-2004, 10:36 AM
Lance put the hammer down in Stage 12.

He jumped from sixth to second. Although he is still 5'24" behind the leader, he shaved almost four minutes off of that lead today.

More importantly, he put some major time between him and his rivals. He is now 3'37" ahead of Ullrich, 4'24" ahead of Hamilton, 5'18" ahead of Heras and 6'42" ahead of Mayo.

It looks like the only contender within striking distance is Ivan Basso who is 1'09" behind Lance.

If the French don't want Lance to win, maybe they should not snoop around on him...it only seems to fire him up!!

Phil C
07-16-2004, 01:12 PM
You are right there WO. Lance made up some ground today and is in good shape. The race tomorrow looks like it will be even tougher with tougher mountains. We will see what happens. GO LANCE GO!!

WOSgrad
07-16-2004, 01:19 PM
Very true, Phil. I think that Lance will be sporting yellow by the end of the weekend.

For anyone who wants to follow the race as it is going, they can go to the following:

http://www.letour.fr/ Then click on the "oln." It gives updates and even has an option for you to listen along (but I haven't tried it yet)

pakrat
07-16-2004, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by WOSgrad
Lance put the hammer down in Stage 12.

He jumped from sixth to second. Although he is still 5'24" behind the leader, he shaved almost four minutes off of that lead today.

More importantly, he put some major time between him and his rivals. He is now 3'37" ahead of Ullrich, 4'24" ahead of Hamilton, 5'18" ahead of Heras and 6'42" ahead of Mayo.

It looks like the only contender within striking distance is Ivan Basso who is 1'09" behind Lance.

If the French don't want Lance to win, maybe they should not snoop around on him...it only seems to fire him up!!

Impressive! Impressive! Just do it Lance!

mwynn05
07-16-2004, 10:26 PM
they just need to re-name it the tour de lance

Z motion 10 out on 2
07-17-2004, 07:56 AM
Lance was moving with a purpose yesterday. He is on a mission. Don't you know those French Fries wish they had'nt gone sinffing around Lance like WO stated. He is going to make the other riders pay now.

pantherpop
07-17-2004, 09:51 PM
What an athlete. By the way, what is it with all those idiots running along side the riders. That's just looking for an accident. I did like the guy with the horns on his head and the American flag. It all reminds me of the running of the bulls in Spain. Lance is really showing those two faced French people what its all about

turbostud
07-17-2004, 10:05 PM
If Lance wins this tour the French will go nuts. Think about it, an American will become the all time best cyclist in history on French soil, in a French race which happens to be the Superbowl of cycling. It should give them one more reason to hate Americans and I cant wait.

pantherpop
07-18-2004, 11:47 AM
After Lance wins this thing, I say we clean up in Iraq and send the troops into France and take care of that little problem we have with them. Actually that shouldn't take more than a couple of pickup trucks full of soldiers to mop up those sissys over there!