PDA

View Full Version : Death of '02 Liberty Hill Panther Graduate/Football Player

LHMom
07-14-2004, 09:32 PM
The town of Liberty Hill extends our thoughts and prayers to the family of Levi Jones. Levi was an '02 Liberty Hill graduate and football player. Levi was now on the Tarleton State University football team. He was killed in a single-car accident around noon on Monday.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-14-2004, 09:42 PM
My prayers go out to him and his family....

Chris Hart
07-14-2004, 10:16 PM
I hate to hear that LHMom, we just lost a coach this past weekend. My prayers are with the families of both young men.

kaorder1999
07-14-2004, 10:20 PM
praying now

PhiI C
07-14-2004, 10:40 PM
I concur with what has been said. A tragedy.

maroonpirate04
07-15-2004, 01:44 AM
It's a very tragic thing that happened on Monday. My prayers are with you. Especially when a young kid who had hopes and dreams for the future is suddenly taken away. Believe me I went through this sort of thing here in Sinton. In the summer of 2001 a formal employee of mine was in a fatal accident and was instantly killed. We worked together at Sonic Drive Inn. The sad thing about it was that I was the last person to say good-bye. Hoping to see her the next day. The next morning I get a call from one of her friends crying telling me she was in an accident on her way home that evening from work. From that moment my heart stopped couldn't believe it. I said to myself "I just saw her last night. "From time to time I still remember her telling me "Bye Bye
See you in the morning Tony Bolony" with a big smile. My heart goes out you and your family. God Bless You, And keep you safe

BrahmaMom
07-15-2004, 11:15 PM
So true: Life is fragile, handle with prayer. My heart and prayers go out to the family and friends and the community of Liberty Hill. These tragedies affect everyone in town, just about. Hey, the Tarleton State team is going to have a rough August, too. God bless those as they struggle to accept their loss.

WOSgrad
07-16-2004, 01:06 PM
So true. I don't know that we ever realize how one death, no matter who it is, affects so many.

Prayers and thoughts to anyone who was affected by this one.

LH Panther Mom
07-20-2004, 12:18 AM
LH Mom, I don't know if you made it to the funeral - there were so many people I don't believe I saw 20% of everyone there. That was definitely the hardest funeral I've attended in quite some time.

sinton66
07-20-2004, 07:02 AM
My condolences and prayers are with his family, friends, and community.

LHMom
07-20-2004, 09:20 PM
Yes, LH Panther Mom - we were there, too. And it was definitely the most emotional funeral I've ever attended. I don't know how God helps parents to get through that...

On a happier note - we had our coach's visit today for my youngest one and we are READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL! Less than 2 weeks to 2-a-days!

We'll see you at Panther Stadium!
Building the Tradition!