PDA

View Full Version : Divison II Playoff Predictions...

Matthew328
07-14-2004, 04:16 PM
ROUND ONE

Region I
Perryton vs Brownfield=Perryton
Monahans vs Sweetwater=Sweetwater
Vernon vs Sanger=Vernon
Carrollton Ranchview vs Hillsboro=Ranchview
Borger vs Lubbock Cooper=Borger
Midland Greenwood vs Snyder=Snyder
Iowa Park vs Pilot Point=Pilot Point
Bridgeport vs Glen Rose=Bridgeport

Region II
Farmersville vs Ferris=Ferris
Mt Vernon vs Wills Point=Wills Point
Gilmer vs Jefferson=Gilmer
Van vs Longview Spring Hill=Van
Van Alstyne vs Wilmer-Hutchins=Wilmer-Hutchins
Commerce vs Crandall=Crandall
Pittsburg vs Atlanta=Atlanta
Canton vs Tatum=Tatum

Region III
China Spring vs Fairfield=China Spring
LaGrange vs Rice Consolidated=LaGrange
Diboll vs Kirbyville=Diboll
Liberty vs Anahuac=Liberty
Waco Connally vs Marlin=Marlin
Caldwell vs Sealy=Sealy
Crockett vs Jasper=Jasper
Barbers Hill vs Bridge City=Bridge City

Region IV
Wharton vs Edna=Wharton
Liberty Hill vs Poteet=Liberty Hill
Devine vs Mathis=Devine
CC West Oso vs Raymondville=CC West Oso
Sweeny vs Yoakum=Sweeny
Wimberley vs LaVernia=Wimberley
Hondo vs Aransas Pass=Aransas Pass
Orange Grove vs Pt Isabel

ROUND TWO

Region I
Perryton vs Sweetwater=Perryton
Vernon vs Carrollton Ranchview=Vernon
Borger vs Snyder=Snyder
Pilot Point vs Bridgeport=Pilot Point

Region II
Ferris vs Wills Point=Wills Point
Gilmer vs Van=Gilmer
Wilmer-Hutchins vs Crandall=Crandall
Atlanta vs Tatum=Atlanta

Region III
China Spring vs LaGrange=LaGrange
Diboll vs Liberty=Diboll
Marlin vs Sealy=Marlin
Jasper vs Bridge City=Jasper

Region IV
Wharton vs Liberty Hill=Liberty Hill
Devine vs CC West Oso=Devine
Sweeny vs Wimberley=Sweeny
Aransas Pass vs Pt Isabel=Pt Isabel

ROUND THREE

Region I
Perryton vs Vernon=Vernon
Snyder vs Pilot Point=Snyder

Region II
Wills Point vs Gilmer=Gilmer
Crandall vs Atlanta=Atlanta

Region III
LaGrange vs Diboll=Diboll
Marlin vs Jasper=Jasper

Region IV
Liberty Hill vs Devine=Liberty Hill
Sweeny vs Pt Isabel=Pt Isabel

ROUND FOUR
Vernon vs Snyder=Vernon
Gilmer vs Atlanta=Atlanta
Diboll vs Jasper=Jasper
Liberty Hill vs Pt Isabel=Liberty Hill

SEMI-FINALS
Vernon vs Atlanta=Atlanta
Jasper vs Liberty Hill=Jasper

FINALS
Atlanta vs Jasper=Jasper

VWG
07-14-2004, 04:20 PM
It would be nice to see Vernon make another playoff run.
Just like they used to back in the 80's and early 90's.
The Lions should be strong this year, as long as they can get a little passing game to go along with that wing T.

marlin fan
07-14-2004, 04:36 PM
I wish Jasper would have stayed D1 ggrrrr

Matthew328
07-14-2004, 04:48 PM
Those be the breaks.....

olddawggreen
07-14-2004, 04:49 PM
Wow, Liberty Hill going to the Semi Finals, it could happen, but if Jasper is anything like they were last year, it could get very ugley for LH when they get there, very quick. I will have to pull for the Region 4 team though.:)

westTXbest
07-14-2004, 06:06 PM
lubbock cooper wont even get past the first round buddy.

westTXbest
07-14-2004, 06:08 PM
Snyder wont get even that close to the region 1 championship.

lobo12
07-14-2004, 06:11 PM
i dont think cooper will get past the first round either but they might surprise me. i think snyder has a chance to go pretty far

Matthew328
07-14-2004, 06:13 PM
Snyder playing for the regional championship isn't far fetched...I seem to recall them playing for a regional title last year.....I had Borger and Canyon mixed up..I actually had Canyon listed twice....if Cooper plays Borger I'd prolly pick Borger even though I have Cooper in my top 25..go figure....

RBARKER
07-14-2004, 09:25 PM
No Love For Barbers Hill :crying: Oh well The Eagles haven't done much to give ya faith. This year maybe they can open an eye or two we have a real good class coming up.

lobo12
07-14-2004, 09:35 PM
matthew i have a question, you have sweetwater beating monahans in the playoff bracket, but you have monahans in the top ten in region one and not sweetwater. i am confused

VERNONLION#1
07-14-2004, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by VWG
It would be nice to see Vernon make another playoff run.
Just like they used to back in the 80's and early 90's.
The Lions should be strong this year, as long as they can get a lit
tle passing game to go along with that wing T.

VWG, We are all probably thinking the same around here. If we can get a passing attack to help the running game it will be interesting.

Matthew328
07-15-2004, 06:51 PM
Good question....I guess if my playoff picks are based on me being pinned down to pick one...Monahans/Sweetwater would be a very close matchup to me.....I'd prolly pick the Mustangs on a hunch

barbosa
07-15-2004, 07:31 PM
It's very funny how every year VERNON gets the easy playoff draw in district 5-3a. Graham beats them every year and has to play the toughest teams. Vernon I believe played Venus first round last year and Graham drew Wylie, come on give me a break. I would have loved to see VERNON play Wylie in the postseason. And now VERNON draws another walkover and Graham draws the DEFENDING state champs.

wildstangs
07-15-2004, 10:00 PM
Lots of people make fun of Graham for losing in the first round all the time...but you do have to admit they usually draw tough teams. How many years in a row has it been Wylie?

VERNONLION#1
07-15-2004, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by barbosa
It's very funny how every year VERNON gets the easy playoff draw in district 5-3a. Graham beats them every year and has to play the toughest teams. Vernon I believe played Venus first round last year and Graham drew Wylie, come on give me a break. I would have loved to see VERNON play Wylie in the postseason. And now VERNON draws another walkover and Graham draws the DEFENDING state champs.

Vernon will play Abilene Wylie during non-district. I guess you didn't see the schedule on one of the post awhile back. And no we didn't play Venus in the 1st round last year. They played Decatur and we played Brady. If you would like I will send you a ticket to the Wylie game on 9-17-04 in Vernon. P.S. we played Wylie in the postseason 3yrs. ago.

vet93
07-16-2004, 10:05 AM
I find this post laughable. To blame Graham's lack of playoff success on having to play the "tough" teams while Vernon gets off easy is ridiculous. Graham has played some tough teams...no doubt but many of those teams they should have beaten (at least on paper). The last two years they lost to Wylie. The year before that they lost to Sweetwater and in 2000 they lost to Ballinger. In 2000 Ballinger was the second place team to Wylie who went on to the state finals. Are you saying that Graham would have faired better against Wylie that year? The next year Graham lost to a Sweetwater team that was beaten by both Ballinger and Wylie. The next two years they were beaten by Abilene Wylie. Wylie was the first place team in both years but Ballinger actually went further in the playoffs than Wylie in 2002 after beating Vernon and Kennedale. Of the four games mentioned, Graham would have been considered the favorite in 3 of them. Now, tell me where Graham is getting the hard path and Vernon is getting the easy.

Originally posted by barbosa

Matthew328
07-16-2004, 11:26 AM
Whaaaa Whaaaaaa Vernon gets easy teams.....but Graham has to play hard teams....Whaaaaaa Give me a break....if Graham was a contender they would have gone out at least one of those years and beaten someone....I do recall Vernon playing Wylie in the playoffs and just beating them like a drum...and Wylie was 10-0 and ranked in the state Top 5 that year...

bd62
07-19-2004, 01:09 PM
surprized you have yoakum losing in first round. they have lots of playoff experience (12 games the last 4 yrs.) they have 24 seniors and 10 offensive ,7 defensive starters back.4 kids have started in 6 playoffs games. they have the potential to do well this year.but time will tell.

bullfrog_alumni_02
07-19-2004, 02:32 PM
Granted, Silsbee has been a pretty awful team the last few years, but their record wasn't helped at all by playing in a very tough district. They lost to Jasper 27-14 and Liberty 14-0, and they lost to Vidor 28-27, Beaumont Central - a playoff team in 4A - by just 3-0. So they weren't getting blown out too badly in EVERY game.

this sounds alot like lake worth the past two seasons, and they were in alot tougher of a district then too, i think the bullfrogs can pull off a lucky third place in a moderately difficult district w/ decatur, bridgeport, castleberry, carrolton ranchview, little elm and lake worth. im pretty sure they will be slaughtered by decatur and bridgeport, but they were doing ok in district last year, but just could get anything to go into their favor, they went 2-8 last year, ive looked ate the magazines and the forums online and i think they can go atleast 6-4 this year, possibly maiking the playoffs.

Z motion 10 out on 2
07-20-2004, 04:14 PM
I agree with Matt and I think Vernon has every chance to get back where they were last year. Of course a lot of things have to happen, but the Lions are primed for a championship. This will be the year for them.

I don't think Atlanta will beat Vernon if they end up playing each other. They didn't have a very big football team numbers wise last year and were very top heavy with seniors. Now I saw that Atlanta team play and it was pure athleticism that beat Vernon. Their players were just better. Vernon had the coaching. Remember it was 26-14 in the 4th quarter with about 4 min left. Vernon had the ball at the Atlanta 8 yard line. Vernon went out on 4th down by an under thrown pass to a wide open #33 that would have scored. 26-21 and the mo on Vernon's side...anything could have happened in that game. My point being that Atlanta lost all those talented athletes. Vernon still has the coaching and it should be better as the head coach will be in his 2nd year. In addition, Vernon I believe will have better athletes this year than last. Not taking anything way from last years team, as they were very salty. But I feel like this year Vernon is ready to win the championship. It will be hard to beat them.

Oakflat
07-20-2004, 08:46 PM
I believe Silsbee will be alright in 3A. From what I hear they have a lot of young talent. It is hard to win with a lot of youth but it can be done.
I would also like to see Kirbyville play Diboll in round one, that would be an interesting game. They split the last two years, and I think that Kirbyville would take them this year. They return about 13 guys who have started for two years and have the talent to play 3 or 4 rounds.

duckbutter
07-21-2004, 09:35 AM
Kirbyville is my darkhorse for region 3 and I think a lot of teams will make the mistake of overlooking them this yr. I think they have learned that they can win and play with teams that usually dominated them in the past. No doubt about it, Kirbyville will be salty and Jack and Co. are doing a good job of motivating the kids. The only weakness that I see for them this yr is at the QB position but with an extra yr of maturity under his belt this could be his break out yr. Only time will tell.

Buckeye80
07-25-2004, 07:46 PM
Listen folks. Take it from someone who lives up here. The Atlanta Rabbits are never short on talent, just as my Buckeyes found out firsthand last season, and according to Matt will find out again this year (thanks Matt);) . If the Vernon Lion fans think they scouted Atlanta last year and figured them out....nah you didn't. They never field the same team two years in row. When I was in Junior High and we played them, they had alot of big kids. Those are the same kids that played Sealy for the state title in '94. We will see how it all plays out though. I will be ecstatic if my Buckeyes make it to the Regional Finals again! After all, we lost 16 starters. Best of luck to everyone not playing Gilmer.:)

Z motion 10 out on 2
07-25-2004, 10:37 PM
Buckeye

I have only seen the Rabbs play that one time against Vernon. I know that they did not bring many players with them because the sidelines where thin. The talk of that team was simply "speed" and that was an understatement. that teams was fast. I have never seen a big guy (Burns) run so fast. nevertheless, they were heavy with seniors which will be a challenge to replace.

remember this is not the same team that will be back. Most of that team will be playing college ball. i don't thing they repeat or even come close.

Matthew328
07-27-2004, 07:00 PM
Atlanta is Always loaded......that town and school is blessed with insane speed

Z motion 10 out on 2
07-28-2004, 10:12 AM
Mt prediction is that Atlanta doesn't make it past the second round. To repeat or even come close is very hard. Especially when you don't return many starters.

I don't want to take anything away from that team last year...they were awesome. I'm talking this year now.

Atl_Rabb_Fan
07-28-2004, 02:16 PM
If I recall last year we were not expected to win District wasn't expected to make it past region or even think of a championship. I mean think about it we had no Passing game at all averaged two passes a game. No kicking game at all you could count the kicks made on one hand. We had no numbers at all we did good to have 30 players on the side line all year if even that much. We also didn't have much size on our lines and even after going 1-4 in non district in which at times they looked really bad. Oh yea they also lost a lot of guys the year before but still managed to prove all the doubters wrong and bring home the Championship. So just go ahead and over look them like a lot of people did last year and you will see the same thing you did last year. Cause no matter how bad the odds are against the Rabbs coach Sharnburg knows how to get the best out of a little and how to get his boys pumped up and ready to play.

Thanks for the respect Matt and everyone else.

timolivarez
08-02-2004, 06:30 PM
Perryton Rangers and Jasper finals game

Pudlugger
08-02-2004, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by bd62
surprized you have yoakum losing in first round. they have lots of playoff experience (12 games the last 4 yrs.) they have 24 seniors and 10 offensive ,7 defensive starters back.4 kids have started in 6 playoffs games. they have the potential to do well this year.but time will tell.

The Bulldogs will be tough this year. I think they will win R4 DII.:)

Black_Magic
08-03-2004, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by timolivarez
Perryton Rangers and Jasper finals game
Periton very well may have a good team this year. Traditionaly for the last few years at least that part of the state has not produced the talent to take it that far. I see them going to a third game in the playoffs but thats it.

BIG19
08-03-2004, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by olddawggreen
Wow, Liberty Hill going to the Semi Finals, it could happen, but if Jasper is anything like they were last year, it could get very ugley for LH when they get there, very quick. I will have to pull for the Region 4 team though.:)

I actually think LH can hand and very possibly take Jasper. As long as they are healthy through the season, they should do VERY well. Looking forward to watching them throughout the season. Good luck Panthers.

Matthew, I think you are going to be very close this year.

CowboyFan
08-04-2004, 02:04 AM
Sweeny over Yoakum, uummm I'm not to sure about that one...