PDA

View Full Version : Trip through Hwy 77

footballgal
07-14-2004, 03:52 PM
In route to Bryan, Texas we went through Hwy 77, almost all the way there, until we took Hwy 21, & boy were we glad we did. It was especially nice to see all of the towns mentioned on this site on the way up there; First one was Odem, then Sinton, lovely town to go with the nice folks from Sinton; then Refugio (very historical), didn’t drive through Goliad but saw the sign, so now I know were it’s located, Hallettsville, Schulenburg was one of my favorite small town, physically very pretty town. Then Giddings and the last town before getting to Bryan, was Caldwell. And saw a lot of signs with 3A downlow places; Cuero, Smithville, Yoakum, Eagle Lake are some that come to mind. On the way back we went towards San Antonio, to Cotulla to visit with my parents and past through the first time, the beautiful town of Bastrop, I loved all the trees, very different from where I grew up, or where I now live. Especially all those big beautiful trees, going down the road, it looked as if I was driving through a tunnel made out of pine trees! :)

footballgal
07-14-2004, 04:27 PM
Sorry Phil C I just saw your post!:o

Phil C
07-14-2004, 04:32 PM
No problem footballgal. If you are ever going through Sinton let me know and maybe we can meet for a few minutes even though I know sometimes it is hard with a tight travel schedule. I am sure you had a great trip and if you ever can travel this way around Christmas and go through Halletsville be sure to time it where you go through there at night because they have that courthouse lit up great with Christmas lights. It is awesome

sinton66
07-14-2004, 05:07 PM
Welcome back footballgal! Long time no hear from. You doing ok?

c-town_balla
07-14-2004, 10:55 PM
You missed cameron by a little bit on 77

sinfan75
07-15-2004, 05:06 AM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
You missed cameron by a little bit on 77 I drove through Cameron last weekend. I came to the conclusion that it's a much more relaxin drive than bein on 35. I may have lost a little bit of time but it sure beat the hell out all that traffic. Plus got to see some real nice country side. That's the way I'm goin from now on when I make my annual trip tp Denton.

footballgal
07-15-2004, 03:20 PM
Thanks! Phil C, I will keep in mind.

And Thank you Sinton66!! I have been doing OK, been real busy with my son's whole senior experience and now getting him ready for college then at work; but yeah, I have been around... just looking, but now it's getting closer and the blood is really starting to pump again :D I love the signature that SintonFan made for you! Hey SintonFan can you hook me up??? SinFan75 Sorry for sending you the e-mail, I meant to send it to SintonFan. :)

footballgal
07-15-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
You missed cameron by a little bit on 77

Yes, I saw the sign that pointed to Cameron, I remember now, my hubby said Cameron Yoemen!

It was need as we would do that for everytown, if we knew what the mascot was.