PDA

View Full Version : Tortilla Burgers

BullFrog Dad
07-14-2004, 01:32 PM
I've heard alot about them and I assume that tortillas replace the bun. But is there anything else in the recipe? At a recent cook-out the host served the hot links with tortillas instead of HD buns and they were great!

3afan2K3
07-14-2004, 01:33 PM
Tortilla Burgers are SO good

Ranger Mom
07-14-2004, 01:41 PM
The ones we had at the meet and greet had refried beans and picante sauce on them....I believe all the other "fixins" were that of your normal cheeseburger.

I liked them A LOT!! If we make burgers at home, I usually just use bread cause a hamburger bun is just too much.

Using the tortillas is a great substitute!

olddawggreen
07-14-2004, 05:05 PM
They are greaaaaaat! And hey if you can't eat it all, you can always throw the tortilla!!:D :D :D :D

sinton66
07-14-2004, 05:14 PM
We started off with two normal size flour tortillas. Spread some refried beans on one. If you're having cheese, put it on top of the beans. Then comes the patty. I use 1/2 pound of meat pre-cooked weight. I form the patty, then sprinkle with garlic salt and coarse ground black pepper and pat into the patty. Then it gets cooked over mesquite on a well seasoned pit. The patty then goes on top the cheese, then you add your other favorite fixings like onions, lettuce, tomato, JALAPENOS (key ingredient) and salsa. You spread mustard/mayo/Miracle Whip on the other tortilla and put it on top.
Eat it like a hamburger, but with fingers spread to help hold all the fixings in.