PDA

View Full Version : Roger Clemens is choking

3afan2K3
07-13-2004, 07:58 PM
Roger Clemens gave up 6 runs including two home runs in the first inning in the all star game. One of the home runs was hit my Rangers player Alfonso Soriano.

Old Tiger
07-13-2004, 08:04 PM
strange....

3afan
07-13-2004, 08:04 PM
kinda neat seeing muhammad ali in the pre game - too bad that fantasia girl nearly ruined it with that terrible national anthem

JasperDog94
07-13-2004, 08:14 PM
In all fairness to Roger, Sammy Sosa couldn't catch a cold in right field. He missed two balls that hung up in the air plenty of time for him to get to em.:mad: :mad: :mad:

slpybear the bullfan
07-13-2004, 10:16 PM
It also didn't help he had an error from 2B with 2 outs... Nothing makes a bad pitching outing worse than having to get 4 outs in an inning...

downlower
07-14-2004, 12:07 AM
Are you joking? The two balls hit to Sammy were two hard hit balls. Don't blame Sosa just because Clemens choked. Whose fault was it when he gave up two home runs to Ramirez and Soriano. Clemens didn't come ready to pitch, maybe because he knows his astros won't make it to the World Series.

Old Tiger
07-14-2004, 12:12 AM
Doesn't Sosa get paid to catch line drive balls, pop flies, more less any ball hit to him?

downlower
07-14-2004, 12:22 AM
I don't know doesn't Clemens get paid to not allow 6 runs in one inning, give up two home runs. What about Kent, doesn't he get paid to field a ground ball that a 13 year old kid could field.

3afan
07-14-2004, 06:41 AM
someone on the radio this morning suggested that Piazza might have been tipping pitches to the AL batters to make Clemens look bad. thinks thats possible?

HighSchool Fan
07-14-2004, 06:58 AM
I heard the same thing this morning on ESPN radio. It wouldn't surprise me since the game has no bearing on the regular season.

slpybear the bullfan
07-14-2004, 12:17 PM
IMHO,

I highly doubt radio talk that says Piazza would do that. That is just what it is... Radio Talk.

Roger did not come tonight with his A-Game. And now, the AL will have the home field advantage in the playoffs.

JasperDog94
07-16-2004, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by downlower
Are you joking? The two balls hit to Sammy were two hard hit balls. Don't blame Sosa just because Clemens choked. Whose fault was it when he gave up two home runs to Ramirez and Soriano. Clemens didn't come ready to pitch, maybe because he knows his astros won't make it to the World Series. Sorry I'm just getting back around to this but it was too good to pass up:

Here are the answers to your questions:

No
Rogers
Are you on crack?

When the ball hits you, you should make the catch. Especially since it's the "All Star" game. Don't get me started on Sosa. He didn't deserve to start (IMHO).

You have shown your true colors with that last statement. As a matter of fact, that has to be one of the dumbest insinuations I've ever read. Yeah, Roger is going to throw the All Star game, in his home town, in front of his family, in front of the entire baseball world just because he thinks: "Well...since we won't make the World Series I might as well throw the All Star game."

Do you even realize how stupid that sounds? I can normally let stuff like that roll off my back, but that statement reeks of ignorance.