PDA

View Full Version : Jasper Basketball

kepdawg
07-13-2004, 05:09 PM
from kjas.com

In resignations, Clay Davis, head basketball coach for Jasper High School, has transferred to another district due to family medical reasons. At this time, there is no coach for the upcoming year.

Old Tiger
07-13-2004, 05:17 PM
is it too late to start looking for on?

JasperDog94
07-13-2004, 08:09 PM
It's never too late. Maybe too late to find a really good one, but never too late. Besides, Jasper's never been really good at basketball anyway.

KTJ
07-13-2004, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
is it too late to start looking for on?

Gainesville is in the same boat. So no.

kepdawg
07-13-2004, 09:59 PM
According to someone on Texas Hoops, the assistant has been hired.

j_dog
07-18-2004, 11:22 PM
Losing Coach Davis is very regrettable for Jasper. But, he was carrying a very big burden with his son being ill. I wish him the very best in what he does in the future.

Now, here is a golden opportunity for someone. The coach who took over after Coach Davis at Tatum took what he left to the state tourney. At Jasper this year, he reportedly had a returning 10 juniors from the JV who were state tourny material.

kepdawg
07-18-2004, 11:53 PM
Do you know anything about the assistant that got the job?

JHS_c/o_06'
07-19-2004, 05:29 PM
Ok....i dont play basketball.....I play football....but coach davis has to be the best teacher ive ever had.....i just saw him at dinner....maybe 2 nights ago at elijah's(and i realize unless your from Jasper or that area you dont know what that is...its a local chain...i think) Dang....this really really sucks. But yeah....he was gone alot do to his son's illness......he was doing alot better the last time i knew. So coach....if you read this...this is Ian....and thanks for putting up with us and we'll all miss you. I hope your son gets better and good luck wherever your going.