Abilene Wylie vs Gainesville=Gainesville

Region II
Kennedale vs Lindale=Kennedale

Region III
Manor vs West Orange-Stark=W Orange-Stark

Region IV
Cuero vs Sinton=Sinton

SEMI-FINALS
Gainesville vs Kennedale=Kennedale (Upset Pick)
W Orange-Stark vs Sinton=W Orange-Stark

FINALS
Kennedale vs West Orange-Stark=W Orange-Stark

oh well
07-13-2004, 01:53 PM
What about Div 2?

WOS1
07-13-2004, 02:00 PM
I wish it would play out that way except for the upset over Gainesville. I would love to see WO-S play all the teams mentioned plus G'ville.

RBARKER
07-13-2004, 02:35 PM
Man without Burnet, Forney and Everman it seems like DIV I is a little watered down from past years. WOS looks like they have it pretty easy untill they face Manor Sinton and Gainesville. You never know what team is going to be the spoiler though. I wonder if any team that has droped from 4A to 3A and won the state title that year before?:thinking:

oh well
07-13-2004, 05:29 PM
I may be wrong but Monahans has a larger enrollment then Seminole. It is wrong in Dave Cacmpbells book. I could be wrong though does anyone else know for sure. This would put Monahnas in with Wylie then things could change.

lobo12
07-13-2004, 05:31 PM
i think monahans has a bigger enrollment

Old Tiger
07-13-2004, 05:32 PM
check UIL site

olddawggreen
07-13-2004, 07:46 PM
I wish them the best, but I really don't expect to see Bandera make it to the first round in Division 4. If Im wrong my hats off to them.

Old Green
07-14-2004, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
ROUND ONE

Region I
Canyon vs Levelland= Levelland
Seminole vs Abilene Wylie=Wylie
Graham vs Gainesville=Gainesville
Decatur vs West=Decatur

Region II
Royse City vs Kennedale=Kennedale
Quinlan Ford vs Kaufman=Kaufman
Gladewater vs Texarkana L-E=Liberty-Eylau
Lindale vs Carthage=Lindale

Region III
Gatesville vs Mexia=Mexia
Manor vs Bellville=Manor
Rusk vs Silsbee=Rusk
Huffman-Hargrave vs W Orange-Stark-WOS

Region IV
West Columbia vs Cuero=Cuero
Bandera vs Somerset=Somerset
Carrizo Springs vs Sinton=Sinton
Zapata vs LaFeria=LaFeria

ROUND TWO

Region I
Levelland vs Abilene Wylie=Abilene Wylie
Gainesville vs Decatur=Gainesville

Region II
Kennedale vs Kaufman=Kennedale
Texarkana Liberty-Eylau vs Lindale=Lindale

Region III
Mexia vs Manor=Manor
Rusk vs West Orange-Stark=W Orange-Stark

Region IV
Cuero vs Somerset=Cuero
Sinton vs LaFeria=Sinton

ROUND THREE
Region I
Abilene Wylie vs Gainesville=Gainesville

Region II
Kennedale vs Lindale=Kennedale

Region III

Region IV
Cuero vs Sinton=Sinton

SEMI-FINALS
Gainesville vs Kennedale=Kennedale (Upset Pick)
W Orange-Stark vs Sinton=W Orange-Stark

FINALS
Kennedale vs West Orange-Stark=W Orange-Stark
It's possible Cuero will go Division II. Gonzales has 14 starters back that are pretty good. The QB is dangerous running and passing.

oh well
07-14-2004, 12:50 PM
Borger is bigger then Canyon

bd62
07-14-2004, 01:29 PM
i would have to go with cuero over sinton. they both have lots of returning starters but cuero beat sinton last year. they play a non-dist. game which should be a good one. like old green said cuero would be d2 if gonzales gets in playoffs.

Matthew328
07-14-2004, 03:55 PM
Canyon is bigger than Borger.....Canyon is 864 Borger is 832..

Seminole is 634 Monahans is 629

Matthew328
07-14-2004, 04:49 PM
I agree Div 1 doesn't look nearly as tough as the past few years...

GS#17
07-14-2004, 05:42 PM
Interesting to see you picked WOS to win it all in D1 and Jasper in D2. Only six weeks until both teams meet up -- the week 0 game between WOS and Jasper should be an instant classic.

lobo12
07-14-2004, 06:06 PM
where did you find that seminole is bigger than monahans? i always thought they were smaller. if this is true then there is no way possible that monahans will be in division 1 is there

westTXbest
07-14-2004, 06:12 PM
Seminole is smaller than Greenwood. if he got it fomr Dave Cambells probably aint right.

Matthew328
07-14-2004, 06:14 PM
Nope didn't get it from Dave Campbell's....I had the ADM's posted a LONG time ago....and it is straight from the UIL....

lobo12
07-14-2004, 06:24 PM
i know this is changing the subject but monahans is scrimmaging shallowater and i was wondering if they were any good because i know they lost a great qb

westTXbest
07-14-2004, 10:16 PM
shallowater is ver good lobo 12 they gave gwood all they wanted thispast season and they went all most to stae this year, but i dont know what they lost.

Mustang '89
07-15-2004, 02:50 PM

Region III

Matthew, I think you picked the wrong "Mustang" in this one.;) :thinking:

pakrat
07-15-2004, 08:46 PM
Sillsbee didn't win any games last year. Does this mean you think they have moved into a very weak 3A district?

huff78
07-19-2004, 01:07 AM
Now me, I'm thinkin the dirty birds from Huffman pull the upset of the year which takes one of the horses out of the race.:D

WOS92
07-19-2004, 07:43 AM
I think WO-S will get fairly deep into the playoffs, and I'd LOVE to see a WO-S/Gainesville final.

JasperDog94
07-19-2004, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by pakrat
Sillsbee didn't win any games last year. Does this mean you think they have moved into a very weak 3A district? Silsbee will beat Buna and Shepherd for sure. That leaves 4 teams for 3 spots. I think Silsbee will probably beat Coldspring but we'll have to wait and see.

WOS92
07-19-2004, 09:02 AM
Granted, Silsbee has been a pretty awful team the last few years, but their record wasn't helped at all by playing in a very tough district. They lost to Jasper 27-14 and Liberty 14-0, and they lost to Vidor 28-27, Beaumont Central - a playoff team in 4A - by just 3-0. So they weren't getting blown out too badly in EVERY game.

JasperDog94
07-19-2004, 11:10 AM
Thanks WOS92. I didn't remember all the scores, but they did play competitive football. They just were consistantly on the short end of the stick.

WOS92
07-19-2004, 11:12 AM
Conversely, they did lose some of their best players. So who knows? Silsbee is a wild card. I'm going to predict them coming in in the top three in district, though. Just a hunch.

duckbutter
07-19-2004, 01:06 PM
I agree, I think Silsbee will finish 3rd behind Kirbyville and Jasper.

bullfrog_alumni_02
07-19-2004, 02:14 PM
sorry i just saw the Div II thread.

GUNHO
07-20-2004, 12:13 PM
If Silsbee dose not make it that would put Jasper in D1.That would make the people in D2 happy I'm sure.

chaingang
07-21-2004, 09:05 AM
That would make it a Jasper-WOS playoff showdown once again. It never fails to happen. The only bad thing about that is that the second time would be for real.

JasperDog94
07-21-2004, 09:23 AM
It would be like old times. Unfortunately for us Jasper always came out with the short end of the stick.:doh: :doh:

chaingang
07-21-2004, 10:25 AM
It always was a great game no matter who won. It is an old rivalry and there is tradition between us. Even though i would rather not play yall when it counts, it would be like old times.:)

Supertilley
07-21-2004, 06:08 PM
It is that kind of talk that is going to make week 0 explode. I love it. I can't wait to be sitting in Mustang stadium feeling all of the energy from both sides of the stands, hearing the train go by in the 3rd, and smelling them good old turkey legs cooking. Guys I hope your ready!

JasperDog94
07-21-2004, 07:16 PM
The only down side to the entire thing is that it's week 0 and both teams will still be working the kinks out. That said, both teams will be facing the same problem, so it should be a great game.

j_dog
07-21-2004, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by GUNHO
If Silsbee dose not make it that would put Jasper in D1.That would make the people in D2 happy I'm sure.
Not to mention how happy that would make WOS! :)

I think Silsbee will make the playoffs though. Too much tradition there in spite of their record last year. The tradition is not just with the school, but with the coaches also. They are not going to be kept down for long.

chaingang
07-22-2004, 10:45 AM
Happy??? That would make us nervous. Who wants to play a team like Jasper two times in any season? It really would be cool to see the tradition of our two teams face up once again. The only problem is that one team would have to go home :(

JasperDog94
07-22-2004, 10:52 AM
I agree chaingang. Although unfair, Jasper's going D2 would be best for both teams. We'll just have to see how it plays out.

chaingang
07-22-2004, 12:28 PM
What is the enrolment difference between Jasper and Silsbee? It cant be much. To comment on Silsbee, they are the type of team that is quiet during district and barely makes the playoffs then goes 3 or 4 deep. TRUST me I know first hand of how sneaky Silsbee is.

WOS92
07-22-2004, 01:53 PM
According to DCTF, Silsbee has 876 and Jasper has 850. The next team in the district has 559. With no disrespect intended to any of the other schools, I would bank on Silsbee coming in third at worst. They have struggled in 4A, but they haven't been a comedy act or anything. I would liken them to Bridge City during their tenure in 4A.

JasperDog94
07-22-2004, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by WOS92
I would liken them (Silsbee) to Bridge City during their tenure in 4A. I would agree with that assessment. Time will tell, but that's a pretty solid analysis.

Matthew328
07-22-2004, 09:00 PM
great comparison between Silsbee and Bridge City...I think Silsbee will be very much like BC

j_dog
07-23-2004, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by chaingang
Happy??? That would make us nervous. Who wants to play a team like Jasper two times in any season? It really would be cool to see the tradition of our two teams face up once again. The only problem is that one team would have to go home :(
I was just joking of course. But you would probably admit that, with the exception of the first and last games between the two teams, history says the edge goes to WOS. So many times Jasper would play so well, only to end up losing by less than a TD. :(

Keith7
07-24-2004, 04:36 PM
Kennedale lost all there offensive weapons.. you're crazy to think they would even make it to the semi-finals.. much less beat Gainesville

sinton66
07-24-2004, 11:17 PM
Keith, it's JUST an opinion.;)

Keith7
07-25-2004, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Keith, it's JUST an opinion.;)
I havn't been on here in a while and it looked boring.. i figured i could spice somethings up

sinton66
07-25-2004, 12:50 PM
I understand, good luck.:D

timolivarez
07-27-2004, 10:38 PM
Hopefully after this season more people will know who the perryton rangers are, we will go far this season

JustAFan
07-28-2004, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
Kennedale lost all there offensive weapons.. you're crazy to think they would even make it to the semi-finals.. much less beat Gainesville

You are so correct, Keith. Everybody please keep saying that and please make sure Kennedale is not in any polls or on any "prediction" charts for playoffs.

texasjeremy
08-03-2004, 05:06 PM
Palestine would go into division I, instead of Rusk, because Palestine has about 350 more students than Rusk.

Matthew328
08-03-2004, 06:40 PM
I actually dont have Palestine making the playoffs..

Pball
08-03-2004, 08:00 PM
Palestine will not only make the playoffs they will probably win their district. Looking forward to checking back with you as the season unfolds.....

Old Tiger
08-03-2004, 08:12 PM
We shall see when the season is over...

texasjeremy
08-04-2004, 07:35 AM
I actually dont have Palestine making the playoffs..

Your kidding, right?

JasperDog94
08-04-2004, 08:43 AM
Who do you have coming back and/or coming up that makes you think you'll make it? 3A is no cakewalk.

texasjeremy
08-04-2004, 05:51 PM
Palestine is returning 20 lettermen from a team that went to the playoffs the last 2 years in 4A. (Palestine is actually the only 3A school that went to the playoffs in 4A last year). People always want to talk about Peterson, but PHS had a shut-down, smothering defense also. The team is big, fast, and very deep. I know 3A is no cakewalk, but it will be a major step down from 4A. I believe Palestine has 15 starters back and also will have a transfer from Jacksonville, that had 4 sacks last year, so I guess you can say 16 starters.

texasjeremy
08-04-2004, 05:59 PM
Here is how last years team fared:

OPPONENTS (Opp. 2003 record) - Points scored - points allowed
Cleveland, 3A (5-5) - 33-0
Huntsville, 4A, currently 5A (3-7) - 34-20
Madisonville, 3A (3-7) - 31-14
Crockett, 3A (6-5) - 28-27
White Oak, 3A (7-4) - 26-7
DISTRICT 14-4A
Jacksonville, 4A (5-5)- 20-24
Henderson, 4A (3-8) - 7-6
Whitehouse, 4A (3-7) - 49-7
Athens, 4A (1-9) - 65-28
Nacogdoches, 4A (1-9) - 62-14
PLAYOFFS
Hallsville, 4A (8-4) - 19-20

Palestine finished 9-2 (losing 2 games by a combined 5 points), outscoring opponents 374-167

Matthew328
08-04-2004, 06:16 PM
Palestine is FAR from guaranteed a playoff spot.....they weren't that good last year and that was with the Top back in the whole country!! Now how good will they be w/o him??? Let's take a look at Palestine....they barely beat a Crockett team that was 6-5 last year....28-27 in OT....now they are in Crockett's district...definatley not a guarenteed win there.....becuase Crockett will be much improved this year....now lets look at Diboll..also in Palestine's district..Diboll beat Crockett 44-12 in bi-district......right now if Diboll and Palestine play I'd take Diboll by at least 2 TD's...Rusk is also in this district and they have one of the best backs in 3A in Cody Glenn.....and Rusk was 8-3 last year....now that means there are 4 teams who are legit playoff contenders.....one has to sit home.....and my pick was Palestine....I am not a big believer in Palestine Football...I've seen em up close in personal on many occasions...and save for 2 years with America's best running back they have been downright abysmal.....so Palestine has a LOT to prove in my opinion....now that's just my 2 cents....maybe PHS will prove me wrong...I've been wrong before...

texasjeremy
08-04-2004, 06:23 PM
Palestine is FAR from guaranteed a playoff spot.....they weren't that good last year and that was with the Top back in the whole country!! Now how good will they be w/o him??? Let's take a look at Palestine....they barely beat a Crockett team that was 6-5 last year....28-27 in OT....now they are in Crockett's district...definatley not a guarenteed win there.....becuase Crockett will be much improved this year....now lets look at Diboll..also in Palestine's district..Diboll beat Crockett 44-12 in bi-district......right now if Diboll and Palestine play I'd take Diboll by at least 2 TD's...Rusk is also in this district and they have one of the best backs in 3A in Cody Glenn.....and Rusk was 8-3 last year....now that means there are 4 teams who are legit playoff contenders.....one has to sit home.....and my pick was Palestine....I am not a big believer in Palestine Football...I've seen em up close in personal on many occasions...and save for 2 years with America's best running back they have been downright abysmal.....so Palestine has a LOT to prove in my opinion....now that's just my 2 cents....maybe PHS will prove me wrong...I've been wrong before...

OK, for one, its not a good idea to go by where a program was 4 or 5 years ago. Also, yes, Rusk was 8-3 last year in 3A, but they also only return like 4 starters from that team. Crockett vs. Palestine has always been closely contested, no matter how good the teams are. In 2000, Crockett was #1 in the state and Palestine was having a miserable season, but still was able to pull off a win against Crockett. While, yes, they lose a player like Peterson, but they also return most of their team from last year and dropped on classification (might not have made the playoffs in 4A, but I see it as almost a given in 3A. Its also not a good idea to assume the Team A beat Team B, Team B almost beat Team C, so Team A will beat Team C, that doesn't usually work out. You might have a bad impression of the teams they put on the field in the 90's, so you think it will carry over to 2004 in 3A, but you are in the minority.

Gobbla2001
08-04-2004, 06:26 PM
"Almost a given in 3A"

No comment...

Okay, just one:

haha!

texasjeremy
08-04-2004, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
"Almost a given in 3A"

No comment...

Okay, just one:

haha!

Im not saying 3A is weak, in fact its far from it. But wouldn't you expect a 9 win 3A team (say...Cuero for example) that returns most of its team to make the playoffs in a weaker 2A district.

Gobbla2001
08-04-2004, 06:39 PM
Yah... But Crockett and Diboll aren't that week, and there's always a spoiler... I personally believe that Palestine CAN make the playoffs this year... But stuff happens...

However, for Cuero to drop to 2A, we'd have to shrink our enrollment by around 300 or more, and a lot of those would be our good football players...

Matthew328
08-04-2004, 07:08 PM
What did Palestine do before AD??? Nothing....what did they have last year other than AD???? Nothing.....I didn't see anyone on Palestine's team last year that had any playmaking ability...if they had that person I think they woulda done a LOT better last year.....that team last year was 9-2 almost solely because of Peterson....yes I know Crockett vs Palestine is always hotly contested....which even you'd agree makes 1 game in district that is up for grabs.....Diboll...well I don't have to mention them...they are gonna be REAL strong..easily the favorite to win the district....so that makes 2 games that are easily up for grabs....and Rusk well they could be this year's Palestine..a one man wrecking crew....with Cody Glenn who looks to likely be headed for Tennessee....(thanks to my un-named source) so there is another game that will be very tough for Palestine....I'm not saying Palestine is gonna definatley miss the playoffs...BUT it isn't a given they are in either....it's simply my opinion they won't make it in a tough district

Matthew328
08-04-2004, 07:10 PM
yes Palestine was 9-2.....BUT like I said they graduated the ONE playmaker they had.....I am a definite skeptic...I wanna see what they do without Peterson....I've seen Palestine play quite a few times since the past few years....I used to attend college in Athens and I still have people that I hang out with down there and I made sure to attend a coupe of Palestine games last year to check out Peterson...so I know what I saw....

texasjeremy
08-04-2004, 07:39 PM
I will agree that Palestine football was in a valley for about 5 years before Peterson arrived, where basically they had a hard time getting students to play football, but to say Palestine football never did anything in the 90+ seasons before Peterson is just plain stupid. High school football goes through cycles, every schools is gonna have a string of bad years. I do not expect Palestine to breeze through the district undefeated, but I also don't expect them to lose all 3 of the "swing games" either.

Speaking of Palestine vs. Crockett

2000: Palestine (3-7) beat Crockett (8-3, at the time was #1 in 3A), 29-28

2001: Crockett (7-4) beat Palestine (2-8), 14-13

2002: Palestine (9-3) beat Crockett (5-5), 20-0

2003: Palestine (9-2) beat Crockett (6-5), 28-27

Considering 3 of the last 4 games were decided by 1 point, I expect a close, hard-fought game, but Palestine did win 3 of the last 4.

texasjeremy
08-04-2004, 08:01 PM
Here is a look at 21-3A:

ENROLLMENT
1. Palestine - 899
2. Rusk - 540
3. Palestine Westwood - 536
4. Diboll - 534
5. Huntington - 532
6. Crockett - 500

RETURNING LETTERMEN
Huntington - 20
Palestine - 20
Palestine Westwood - 20
Diboll - 18
Crockett - 17
Rusk - 5

Here is Dave Campbell's analysis:

1. Diboll Lumberjacks - Coach Yanover is high on WR-DB Jermichael Finley, who he rates as a Top 100 player. He gives the nod to TE-S Jamon Porter and OL-DL Zach Oliver as the top newcomers. The Lumberjacks are auditioning for a new QB, Dillon Tobias will get the first shot.

2. Palestine Wildcats - Last year's offense set a school record with 374 points. Adrian Peterson has departed, but the drop to 3A should help. Nigel Cooper and Fred Williams may split time at QB. Ronald Brown was overwhelming on defense with 120 tackles, a caused fumble and 2 recoveries.

3. Rusk Eagles - Heavy graduation losses means plenty of new faces will have to step up, but not at RB, where Cody Glenn returns after a 2,006 yard season. Brad Guidry threw for 517 yards a year ago. He will also have to lead the defense as it comes together after posting 69 stops in 2003.

4. Crockett Bulldogs - Terrance Hopkins moves to QB full time after backing up a year ago and starting at LB. Bud Warfield's older brother, Brandon, signed on with the Baltimore Ravens as a free agent heading into summer workouts.

5. Palestine Westwood Panthers - The Panthers were 0-10 with a young team last year, but hard times could pay off this season. Jerry Mickens moves to QB after playing receiver last year. LB B.A. Sanchez is a mainstay and leader on the defense. Paul Kennedy and Cody Brooks both started as sophomores, and Tyler Coates and TB George Carter last year as freshmen.

6. Huntington Red Devils - Coach Hays takes over a program that has won just once in two seasons, but he is optimistic the school's first offseason program can get the Red Devils on the right track, RB Andy Beaty ran for 510 yards last year on 88 carries.

Matthew328
08-04-2004, 09:27 PM
I wasn't referring to Palestine's entire football history...I just meant recently...Palestine may very well not lose their swing games....I honestly think the Crockett-Palestine game in Week 8 will decide their playoff fate..