PDA

View Full Version : Region I Playoff Picture

Matthew328
10-27-2003, 11:34 AM
District 1-3A:
Perryton looks to have a hold on the district and top D2 seed....Borger looks like the D1 rep and Dalhart looks like they'll sneak in at 3rd with their win last week over Canyon....

District 2-3A
Littlefield leads at 3-0 after their win over Lubbock Cooper last week..Cooper and Brownfield are at 2-1 right now..if Brownfield beats 0-8 Dimmit they'll clinch a playoff berth in D1..

District 3-3A
Sweetwater with a win wraps up the district title..Snyder looks to be the D1 rep as they have games against Lamesa and Denver City left..they need to win one game and they are in..Merkel can break their playoff drought with a win in one of their final 2 games..

District 4-3A
Monahans with a win wraps up the district title and likely will go D1..unless Pecos can win their last 2 games..if that happens..then likely you'll have a 3 way tie between Pecos, Kermit, and Greenwood...but the likely scenario is Monahans D1 and Greenwood, Kermit D2...

District 5-3A
Graham is in control at 3-0 and will be D1...Iowa Park is 3-0 and plays Vernon at 2-1 for the top D2 seed loser of this one is likely 3rd place...Childress has an outside shot..if Vernon loses to IP and then Childress beats Vernon in Week 10...

District 6-3A
Ballinger is 3-0 and could wrap up at least a share of the title with a win this week...Brady and Wylie are 2-1...winner clinches a playoff spot as those 2 play this week...if Wylie loses they are in trouble..because they have Ballinger next week..if Wylie fails to make the playoffs Clyde will be the D1 rep...Clyde is 1-2 but their win is over Wylie and they have the 2 doormats in Early and Commanche this week...

District 7-3A
Decatur sits atop this crazy district at 3-0..after that chaos ensues...Lake Dallas is 2-1 and with a win over Sanger clinches a spot in D1..however if they lose then they may miss the postseason all together..as Sanger, Lake Worth, Little Elm and Bridgeport are all 1-2 and are all still in the mix...loser of this week's LE-B'port game is in trouble and LW likely will be eliminated this week as they face Decatur..

District 8-3A
Kennedale with a win over Glen Rose clinches their 2nd straight district title..Everman and Glen Rose are both 4-1 however Glen Rose has Kennedale and then Everman in Week 10..they must win both of these games to stay alive...or hope Venus loses to either Diamond Hill or Godley (not likely)...Venus is the probable 3rd place team..

vet93
10-27-2003, 11:49 AM
Matt...the Wylie/Brady matchup is huge...more for Wylie than Brady. If Brady loses against Wylie, they can still make the playoffs with a relatively easy game with Early the next week. If Brady beats Wylie, then they are in the playoffs for sure. Wylie on the other hand needs to beat Brady to make the playoffs for sure. It will also give them a game in the final week for the district championship against Ballinger. If Wylie loses to Brady, then they will have to beat Ballinger in the final week just to make the playoffs. That game would be interesting because if Wylie loses to Brady and Ballinger beats Comanche, then Ballinger would have already locked up the district championship before the game is even played. Wylie would have all of the motivation in that game. They would have to beat Ballinger in order to make the playoffs and Ballinger's only motivation would be to beat Wylie whom they have failed to beat since 1995.

Matthew328
10-27-2003, 11:52 AM
Correct me if I am wrong..but if Wylie loses to Brady they are done right? They will have 2 losses and even if they beat Ballinger in Week 10 and there is a tie between them Clyde and Brady..they'll lose out because head to head they lost to em both...

CatsDen
10-27-2003, 11:53 AM
Great job Matthew328! Nice breakdown

vet93
10-27-2003, 12:44 PM
That is true Matt...unless Clyde loses to Comanche which is a possibility based on the scores of previous games. In that case Wylie would have two losses (one to clyde and one to Brady) going into the Ballinger game. If they beat Ballinger and Comanche beats Clyde, then Wylie would only have two district losses and Clyde would have 3 losses (Ballinger, Clyde and Comanche). I have a feeling, that Wylie will rise to the occassion and beat Brady. This would propel Wylie from the brink of elimination to the chance to play for the distict title at the end of the season. That to me, is what makes this game the "make it or break it" game of the year in this district!

Matthew328:
Correct me if I am wrong..but if Wylie loses to Brady they are done right? They will have 2 losses and even if they beat Ballinger in Week 10 and there is a tie between them Clyde and Brady..they'll lose out because head to head they lost to em both...

heck
10-27-2003, 05:09 PM
Matthew,
Not sure if you know this or not, but in some districts, in the case of a three-way tie in records, the heads up record may not be the determining factor on who goes first or second in the D-2 category. In other words, its up to the individual districts to determine the tie-breakers.

I don't know which districts do this but some do the margin of victory with a 15 pt cap...

just fyi.

pirate4state
10-27-2003, 05:51 PM
Matthew this looks good will you be doing the same for the other regions?? If you have time. :) PLEASE :D

Da Mules
10-27-2003, 08:09 PM
Not so fast on 2-3A. Muleshoe can STILL get in by beating Cooper by more than 8 points (assuming da Mules demolish Slaton the following week.) A Cooper loss to Muleshoe, coupled with a Brownfield blow-out loss to Littlefield, which I consider highly likely, would put the three at 2 district losses each; resulting in a 3-way tie for 2nd place. Again assuming everybody involved beats Dimmitt & Slaton. and neither one of those is necessarily a "gimmee game", despite their records. Point differentials determine the outcome in 2-3A.
I say da Mules DO have the TALENT to beat Cooper -I don't know if they have the HEART to rise to the challenge eek! Will they finally pull a complete four quarters together this Friday??

<small>[ October 27, 2003, 07:12 PM: Message edited by: Da Mules ]</small>

Da Mules
10-27-2003, 08:14 PM
ttt

slpybear the bullfan
10-27-2003, 08:25 PM
Mighty nice one Matthew...

bleedgreen
10-27-2003, 08:30 PM
I'm pullin' for the Mules to beat Cooper and Slaton. All the other districts I agree with. District 7 is a mess but may become more clear this Friday. I'm thinking Little Elm and Sanger will end at 3-2. Little Elm has already beat Sanger 24-19. Can I stop here?

Da Mules
10-27-2003, 10:07 PM
Thanks, bleedgreen. And I think Kennedale has the best group in Region 1. They appear to have Everman's number, right?
As far as da Mules, I gotta admit it is a looong shot this Friday. Cooper has the best squad they've had in years, and Muleshoe doesn't, plain and simple. But other than the blowout loss to Shallowater, they have been in the game all the way. They lost to Littlefield by 1 TD playing a freshman QB in his first start, and to Brownfield by 8 points. They were ahead in both games in the 4th quarter; just didn't have the punch to stuff a late long drive in each game. Mules, you gotta get that Mule Pride and stick it to Cooper this Friday! :)

Chief Woodman
10-27-2003, 10:13 PM
bleedgreen:
I'm pullin' for the Mules to beat Cooper and Slaton. All the other districts I agree with. District 7 is a mess but may become more clear this Friday. I'm thinking Little Elm and Sanger will end at 3-2. Little Elm has already beat Sanger 24-19. Can I stop here?After having played both Little Elm and Bridgeport in the last two weeks, it seems that Little Elm is a slightly better team. However, they just lost what was to them a heartbreaker to Decatur, so I expect them to be a little flat this week. I think the edge goes to the Bulls in this one. I do not look for Sanger to win this week VS Lake Dallas, but time will tell.

pirate4state
10-30-2003, 11:23 AM
pirate4state:
Matthew this looks good will you be doing the same for the other regions?? If you have time. :) PLEASE :D see-ttt