PDA

View Full Version : District 23-3a

Eagles52
07-12-2004, 11:23 PM
alright lets try this again now that I have the correct District...I read that Dave Cambell had the district as Liberty, Huffman, BH. I'm a BH player so I'll refrain from comments myself and would just like to open things up for discussion

RBARKER
07-13-2004, 07:31 AM
I wouldn't put to much stock in DC predictions. You already know my predictions, could you give us outsiders a little info. on this years team and what to exspect?

pantherpop
07-13-2004, 06:07 PM
This is really going to be an evenly matched district this year. Barbers Hills young players from last season along with underclassmen who have moved up will make them a very strong team. Huffman returns their QB and alot of big linemen from last season. Liberty's defense should really be tough this season but their offensive line is a question mark. This is tough but if I had to pick it would be

Barbers Hill
Liberty
Huffman

Ulrich von Lichtenstein
07-13-2004, 06:55 PM
Tarkington breaks out of their 1-19 slump from the past 2 seasons and shocks everyone!

...um, just kidding...

Barbers Hill just seems to mass-produce athletes year after year, so look for them to be in the mix.

Cleveland has lots of athletes in school, but their hearts don't always seem to be into football.

Huffman surprised some folks last year, but it might be tough without Curtis Crew running roughshod over people this year.

Liberty will be tough to beat again, what with that big bruiser of a fullback returning, along with a good QB.

Splendora will be going through changes this year, what with Coach Weldon stepping into the AD-only role.

Tarkington, bless their hearts...

So, all that being said...here are my fearless (ha!) picks for this season:

1. Barbers Hill
2. Liberty
3. Splendora
4. Huffman
5. Cleveland
6. Tarkington

(As the saying goes, "That and 50 cents will getcha a cup of coffee.") :p

Eagles52
07-17-2004, 09:11 PM
sorry for the delay for my reply but I think we can surprise some teams with our team this year, the senior class this year won district all the way coming up besides 7th grade but that really doesnt mean anything now. So basically we'll just have to see when we put on the pads

D. R. Hooks
07-17-2004, 09:43 PM
Where does the name Barber's Hill come from?

http://www.flickingerweather.com/wos.JPG

BHKrystal06
07-18-2004, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by D. R. Hooks
Where does the name Barber's Hill come from?

http://www.co.chambers.tx.us/mb/mbhist.html

WOS1
07-18-2004, 11:30 AM
So... the city is Mont Belvieu and the school Barbers Hill, or are they 2 different communities that go to one highschool?

BHKrystal06
07-18-2004, 11:40 AM
The city is Mont Belvieu and the school is Barbers Hill, but it is one community..

BlueBlood
07-18-2004, 03:11 PM
Barbers Hill High School is in the town of Mont Belvieu. Other towns that are in Barbers Hill's district are Cove, Old River, Winfree, and Beach City.

BlueBlood
07-18-2004, 03:14 PM
I will say that Liberty will win district with BH and Huffman in second and third. Liberty will physically whip BH so the Eagles will be playing for second.

Eagles52
07-18-2004, 04:00 PM
I look forward to the challenge of playin in a tough district this year, it should be a lot of fun. While I cant say that I agree that anyone in this district will physically whip us, both Liberty and Huffman along with any other team in the district are more than capable of beating us. I just dont agree that any team will dominate us.

Eagles52
07-18-2004, 04:08 PM
I'd also like to ask about some of the other pre-district schedules from other teams in D23, ours will be very tough with Diboll, West Colombia, Anahuac, Dickinson that I know of for sure, if I had to guess at another game I would say Hampshire Fannett but I'm not sure if we will have a 5th game or not. Anyway I was jw who else has a tough schedule and also what people think about a tough schedule at the first of the year, will it help or hurt our team in the long run, around playoffs in particular

GS#17
07-18-2004, 04:21 PM
Thanks, BHKrystal. That was a neat article. :)

D. R. Hooks
07-18-2004, 05:01 PM
Me too....Thanks for the history lesson....

BHKrystal06
07-18-2004, 07:32 PM
No prob...:p

eagle.eyes
07-18-2004, 10:35 PM
WOS people, ask Coach Hooks about BH.....He'll tell you all about our history! As for district picks, I'm going out on a limb between BH and Liberty. Huffman will have a very good team, but without Curtis Crew and their QB returning, they may have some probs.

huff78
07-19-2004, 12:57 AM
Barbers Hill and Liberty have always been tough games for the Falcons, But the truth is, Huffman on paper should be a stronger team this year. Last years Coaches were late getting started, with a whole new play book. The Falcons now have a good year behind them with Baker at the helm. Transitions to a new Coach is always hard. That change is behind them now. Should be a more physical team as well.
Will be an exciting year, that's for sure.:thinking:
I know what your thinking, I've never seen a game won on paper either.

Eagles52
07-20-2004, 11:29 PM
I agree the Falcons should be A stronger team than last years', but not necessarily THE stronger team of BH, Liberty, and Huffman, they may very well end up with the District title, but I think until someone beats Liberty, they have to be considered number one, even if for no other reason than Liberty won last season and dont appear to have lost too much. So until the champs are knocked off their district throne I think they have to be the favorites. Even if on paper a team seems superior to Liberty, they should stay on top until they are knocked off. Just my opinion.

BHKrystal06
07-21-2004, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by Eagles52
I agree the Falcons should be A stronger team than last years', but not necessarily THE stronger team of BH, Liberty, and Huffman, they may very well end up with the District title, but I think until someone beats Liberty, they have to be considered number one, even if for no other reason than Liberty won last season and dont appear to have lost too much. So until the champs are knocked off their district throne I think they have to be the favorites. Even if on paper a team seems superior to Liberty, they should stay on top until they are knocked off. Just my opinion.
Good opinion 52...thats what I think too. :cool:

Eagles52
07-22-2004, 12:54 AM
basically this is just to get the thread back up to the top